Who is designing the Disney Treasure?

The 3/4 night cruises are always more expensive per night than a 7-night. But yes, I expect the Treasure to be quite a step up from current Fantasy prices if she takes over the Fantasy cruises. I wonder what they will do with the Fantasy though? 7-night cruises from Fort Lauderdale and hope that it won't be too much of a competition with the Treasure out of PC?
The Dream is doing a variety of cruises out of Miami this season, including itineraries ranging from 3 to 7 nights, going to the Bahamas and both Eastern and Western Caribbean. We’re booked on a Western Caribbean in late April, same itinerary as the Fantasy WCs: Cozemel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, and Castaway Cay with two sea days. The Fantasy is doing an 8-night itinerary, with stops in Bermuda, Nassau, and CC that week.

With the planned move of a ship to Lauderdale, at least one ship will continue sailing some of these itineraries that compete with the sailings out of Port Canaveral.

The Magic will be 30 in 2028. That’s old for a cruise ship. Will have to see if they retire any.
MV Astoria sailed for over 70 years, so the Magic isn't even middle age in comparison. And it remains a very popular ship

The Dream is going to the North Sea this year so I would guess the Fantasy will eventually replace the Wonder in Alaska (unless they build a new ship for Alaska.)

I really will miss the classic ships when they retire - hopefully it will be a few more years!
That would an amazing repositioning cruise, either the long way round via Suez/Cape Agulhas or Cape Horn.

The waiter I had on the Wish a few weeks ago mentioned that the Treasure was going to be doing New Zealand and Australia itineraries.

That would an amazing repositioning cruise, either the long way round via Suez/Cape Agulhas or Cape Horn.
The Fantasy should be able to go through the new Panama locks, so sadly that amazing repo cruise would just be a normal PC cruise. But with the Aquaduck!

My guess is:

Magic: San Juan/Galveston/Miami
Wonder: San Diego/Vancouver/Hawaii/Australia
Dream: Port Everglades/Europe
Fantasy: Miami
Wish: Port Canaveral
Treasure: Port Canaveral
Unnamed Ship: Asia

The Fantasy should be able to go through the new Panama locks, so sadly that amazing repo cruise would just be a normal PC cruise. But with the Aquaduck!
Not unless they cut off some of the superstructure. Bridge of the Americas doesn't have enough clearance.

Plus one more. There are to be 3 Triton class ships. DCL had signed on for 3 before the Global Bankruptcy. So, I’d imagine new ships in 2024, 2025, and 2026. The Magic will be 30 in 2028. That’s old for a cruise ship. Will have to see if they retire any.

While the structure of the Treasure won’t change, they could fix design issues I think. Like, close off Luna Lounge. Maybe push 1923 together and move the hallway to the outside. Some of that is fixable even in the same structure.
100% agree with all of this. I don't expect it to be a fleet of 8 for very long. Magic and Wonder will be sold.

My guess is:

They might want to move a ship to New York part of the year for cruises to the Canadian Maritime provinces and Bermuda. Maybe the Fantasy if it goes to Miami.

My guess is:

For what little it is worth, our head server on our December Magic Cruise said DCL was definitely going to be putting a ship in Asia soon. He wasn't sure which one, but he seemed certain it would happen and said it was a big deal to the crew b/c so many were from that area so it was easier to get home. He seemed really excited about it.

My guess is:

My understanding is that DCL won't be sailing out of Miami anymore once the new terminal is done at Port Everglades.

For what little it is worth, our head server on our December Magic Cruise said DCL was definitely going to be putting a ship in Asia soon. He wasn't sure which one, but he seemed certain it would happen and said it was a big deal to the crew b/c so many were from that area so it was easier to get home. He seemed really excited about it.
I think this will almost certainly be the redone Global Dream

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter