who is doing a Pro Internship in 09?

I hope you both hear something soon!

I still haven't heard my location yet...patiently waiting for my new area manager to email me.

Hey Everyone,

I just was wondering if anyone would be up for some impromptu meet and greet. Since alot of us are living off site and won't be in housing thought it would be a cool way to put faces to usernames..
Anyone else interested?

I want to resurface this idea because I think it would be really fun to meet all of yall. I am thinking that the outside patio area at Buffalo Wild Wings might be a good location, but when will everyone be down? I know some of us are going down as CPs (like myself) and others on PIs but I still think it would be fun! So how about we talk dates? I am already moved down so I am open for dates!

I want to resurface this idea because I think it would be really fun to meet all of yall. I am thinking that the outside patio area at Buffalo Wild Wings might be a good location, but when will everyone be down? I know some of us are going down as CPs (like myself) and others on PIs but I still think it would be fun! So how about we talk dates? I am already moved down so I am open for dates!

Hey I started a discussion about this via Facebook in the Fall 09 PI group. I also suggested that Buffalo Wild Wings would be a great location because the environment is great!! Here's the link;
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=75395348239

I think that the night of the 19th would be good.

Has anyone been offered anything lately? Just wondering if it is silly of me to keep waiting for an answer. We have got to be way passed the drop off point...

Has anyone been offered anything lately? Just wondering if it is silly of me to keep waiting for an answer. We have got to be way passed the drop off point...

Anyone I know who is still waiting, is still waiting. I haven't heard anything on rejection emails or offers, either way. Sorry. :guilty:

I'm also still waiting to find out my location. For those whose programs involve relocation, we should be hearing from them this week (I hope!) since we report 2 weeks from Friday.

I'm doing a Front Office MI and I was able to see my location on my Record Card on the Hub (I still have access as a campus rep). I'll be at Port Orleans- wasn't my top choice, but definitely not my bottom pick :)

So if you have access to the Hub, you might be able to see your location there!

Its June 1st, one of those nasty rumor days.

Anyone hear anything, good or bad, today?

nada here

Someone on Facebook was offered OL&D on Friday, but that's the only one I've heard.

(still no location for me, either. :( )

Someone on Facebook was offered OL&D on Friday, but that's the only one I've heard.

(still no location for me, either. :( )

That's the internship I had - it wasn't open on the jobs website, only offered internally. So it's not really comparable to the other ones.

That's the internship I had - it wasn't open on the jobs website, only offered internally. So it's not really comparable to the other ones.

ahhhhh...makes sense now...

(and if ANYONE can figure out how to get me my location, I'll buy you chocolate. :rotfl2:)

ahhhhh...makes sense now...

(and if ANYONE can figure out how to get me my location, I'll buy you chocolate. :rotfl2:)

Hello!

I've been skimming this thread because I am hoping to apply for a PI in about a year. But I think I just realized that you might be the "CP Mom" of one of my roommates during my CP. She worked in Dinoland and always talked about this wonderful CP named Gray. I don't know if that is just your screen name or not, but I thought I'd take a chance. Her name is Colette. ;)

Oh, and I'm Caitee. I haven't been on these boards for a while, but since my CP ended, I've been missing my daily Disney fix.

Hello!

I've been skimming this thread because I am hoping to apply for a PI in about a year. But I think I just realized that you might be the "CP Mom" of one of my roommates during my CP. She worked in Dinoland and always talked about this wonderful CP named Gray. I don't know if that is just your screen name or not, but I thought I'd take a chance. Her name is Colette. ;)

Oh, and I'm Caitee. I haven't been on these boards for a while, but since my CP ended, I've been missing my daily Disney fix.
Oh. My . GOSH! I LOVE Colette! (yes, it's me ;) ) I miss her smiling face. It's nice to "meet" you!

Oh cool! I'll have to tell Colette that I've "met" you as well, lol. ;)

I actually have a couple of questions regarding Professional Internships if anyone might be able to answer them. I just finished my College Program a couple of weeks ago. I've known for a while now that I really want a career at WDW and after talking with a lot of my leaders on my program, I decided that I'd really love to end up as a Guest Service Manager in Operations someday. Anyway, my questions are:

1) Earlier this year, I was looking into some of the different PI's they offered and I remember specifically on the Guest Relations PI, it was mentioned that you needed a certain major in order to apply. I don't remember what they were, and unfortunately the posting is gone since they are no longer accepting applicants. So, does anyone know if all of the PI's have these specifications? One of my leaders led me to believe that your major didn't much matter for most of them.

2) Also, I am currently a Seasonal Cast Member. (I just couldn't stand to leave all together, and one of my managers suggested it) Can you still apply and be accepted for a PI if you are currently an employed?

Thanks, I appreciate any information that you might have! :)

I actually have a couple of questions regarding Professional Internships if anyone might be able to answer them. I just finished my College Program a couple of weeks ago. I've known for a while now that I really want a career at WDW and after talking with a lot of my leaders on my program, I decided that I'd really love to end up as a Guest Service Manager in Operations someday. Anyway, my questions are:

1) Earlier this year, I was looking into some of the different PI's they offered and I remember specifically on the Guest Relations PI, it was mentioned that you needed a certain major in order to apply. I don't remember what they were, and unfortunately the posting is gone since they are no longer accepting applicants. So, does anyone know if all of the PI's have these specifications? One of my leaders led me to believe that your major didn't much matter for most of them.

2) Also, I am currently a Seasonal Cast Member. (I just couldn't stand to leave all together, and one of my managers suggested it) Can you still apply and be accepted for a PI if you are currently an employed?

Here was the listing for Guest Relations (I applied, too ;) ) It is my understanding that you can apply for a PI as long as you are in college and meet the qualifications, I wouldn't think CT status would impact it any. Good luck!

"Position Applied For: Guest Relations Internship
RESPONSIBILITIES:
Attending to all the needs of a Guest, including making hotel and dining reservations, selling tickets, and handling Guest concerns. Answering multi-phone lines and disseminating information about our parks and acting as the communication hub for the park. Extensive communication with other areas within each specific park and other Walt Disney World Parks and Resort properties.
• Currently earning college/university degree in Public Relations, Communications or Marketing
• Current College Junior or Senior
• Prior Participation in the Disney Theme Parks & Resorts College Program
• Demonstrated computer proficiency with Windows 95 and Netscape and the ability to learn new programs
• Demonstrated strong cash handling skills
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information
• Demonstrated strong telephone etiquette
• Demonstrated ability to communicate and manage conflict resolution in a professional manner

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Proven bilingual abilities including American Sign Language"

So as for your question with the status... I am currently a Full Time Cast Member here in Disney and I was accepted for the Operations Management Internship... It actually HELPS a LOT to be with the company when it comes to getting the management positions.

hope that helps!

Thank you both for your replies. I am trying to work things out with my school by changing my major, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't make a huge mistake.

That's great news about being a Cast Member. I'm also so glad I get to stay with the company, even if it's only for a couple of weeks per year. I've only been gone for a little more then week and I'm so "Disneysick". My friends and family don't really seem to understand, but it's my home.

Well, I still have some time before a PI, so I have tons more research to do. I'm sure I'll be around...probably with more questions! Thanks again!

2 weeks from today, PI peeps! Is anyone else still in "surrealistic shock"? Anyone packing yet? I'm back home, leaving a week from tomorrow to head back down and still have SO much to do to be gone for 6 months...

2 weeks from today, PI peeps! Is anyone else still in "surrealistic shock"? Anyone packing yet? I'm back home, leaving a week from tomorrow to head back down and still have SO much to do to be gone for 6 months...

Oh my god, I'm so excited to get back to Florida!! I started packing the day after I graduated- I'm planning on staying in FL permanently so I definitely have a lot of stuff to get organized!

Can't wait to check in but it's so hard to believe we check in in 2 weeks!!

I started packing last week and will be offically done this weekend. I leave in a week to drive over, this time I am taking some time to actually stop and see some places so it's not all straight thru driving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter