Who is waiting to see what the point chart will be for Member Wish cruise?

Thanks I'm a nervous wreck about getting this through I might call them Wednesday if I hadnt heard from them by then.
I Have been through this before, and it’s a painfully slow process. If you have the number they gave you, that’s all there is for quite a long time.

Now, maybe things have improved, but frankly, I doubt it. :upsidedow

Has anyone ever had any luck on a waitlist for a DVC Members Cruise? Just wondering if I should remain hopeful or start resigning myself to the fact that it's not going to happen, lol.
Not me, but I have spoken with folks who have gotten on via a waitlist. Since you got on day 1, I think you have a very good chance.

I called in this morning and paid since I always miss DVC calls. It was very easy. One interesting thing was that I was able to borrow from 2023 and keep 2022 points intact. I used 50 remaining in Aulani for 2022, 100 from 2023 Aulani and the rest from 2023 SSR skipping over my 2022 SSR points. Hopefully the borrowing restriction will end sometime in 2022.

I called in this morning and paid since I always miss DVC calls. It was very easy. One interesting thing was that I was able to borrow from 2023 and keep 2022 points intact. I used 50 remaining in Aulani for 2022, 100 from 2023 Aulani and the rest from 2023 SSR skipping over my 2022 SSR points. Hopefully the borrowing restriction will end sometime in 2022.
Was there a prompt for payment?
OK...YES PUSH 8 to make payment.

I waited over an hour and was told since I had not received the phone call to pay, this CM could not accept payment. grrrr

I waited over an hour and was told since I had not received the phone call to pay, this CM could not accept payment. grrrr
OH no I'm on hold now to pay without receiving a call too, its been an hour so far. I'm going to try to pay, I'll report back.

Edited to add: I was able to pay for the cruise without being called first.

Last edited:
OH no I'm on hold now to pay without receiving a call too, its been an hour so far. I'm going to try to pay, I'll report back.

Edited to add: I was able to pay for the cruise without being called first.
I think the CM just did not want to do it. I truly wish I remembered her name.

I think the CM just did not want to do it. I truly wish I remembered her name.
I asked the lady who helped me if they were still working from home , she replied they were working from home and that the lease ended on the MS building they were using and they are currently renovating their new space so she wasn’t sure when they would be back in the office. I wonder if since they are all still working from home if some just don’t get the memo of what can and should be done, or don’t bother to keep updated.

I asked the lady who helped me if they were still working from home , she replied they were working from home and that the lease ended on the MS building they were using and they are currently renovating their new space so she wasn’t sure when they would be back in the office. I wonder if since they are all still working from home if some just don’t get the memo of what can and should be done, or don’t bother to keep updated.
Could be.
I don’t remember the woman’s name, but I sent an email to DVC with the time, the phone I called from and gave a summary of the call.
I was so frustrated I just had to do something! My cabin mate lives in OK, different time zone and has work hours. The likelihood of them getting me, and then me connecting with her during a random time is not high. They have to talk to me, I am first person, my sister is second person, so higher rate, I have credit cards. Cabin mate is third person, using points, so she needs to talk to them about points.
Oh well, it’s out of my hands.

Could be.
I don’t remember the woman’s name, but I sent an email to DVC with the time, the phone I called from and gave a summary of the call.
I was so frustrated I just had to do something! My cabin mate lives in OK, different time zone and has work hours. The likelihood of them getting me, and then me connecting with her during a random time is not high. They have to talk to me, I am first person, my sister is second person, so higher rate, I have credit cards. Cabin mate is third person, using points, so she needs to talk to them about points.
Oh well, it’s out of my hands.
That really stinks because you definitely need to do the payments on your terms vs waiting for MS to call with so many people involved.

Our wait is over, we have paid. Whew!
I called Friday afternoon and paid for ours. I hadn't received a call yet, but waited to get it paid for. Took a total of about an hour and 10 minutes (including hold time) and the CM never questioned the fact I hadn't been called yet.

Anyone know when they will start contacting those of us who are on the wait list for the Wish DVC Member Cruise?

Anyone know when they will start contacting those of us who are on the wait list for the Wish DVC Member Cruise?
I have no idea, but they haven’t gotten all of the “paperwork” done for those who are on the cruise. Once we are able to actually have something from them to be able to see our DVC cruise in our DCL reservations, then I think they may be able to get to a wait list to see how many rooms are left.

I could be totally wrong. :upsidedow

The fact that it's the second (paid) sailing on a brand new cruise ship may have had something to do with it.

Theres nothing noteworthy about a second sailing. Heck, even a first sailing while noteworthy, often comes with a lot of issues!

Theres nothing noteworthy about a second sailing. Heck, even a first sailing while noteworthy, often comes with a lot of issues!

Maybe not to you, but there are plenty of others, including myself who are looking forward to it. I’m sure there are things you spend your money or time on that others don’t understand, so let’s be kind and respect the people who are excited for this. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter