Who says Disney is just for the kids?! An adults trip (with a little bit of work sprinkled in) - February 2024

Enjoyed your report! We love CSR especially the Gran Destino Tower!
Dahlia and Three Bridges are such favorites. I had the churros twice in December!
It sounds like you had a wonderful time despite the sore knees! I always bring KT tape and this works wonders!
Yum on the churros, and it's funny you say that about the KT because more than once we contemplated asking marathon runners passing us all taped up if they had any KT to spare!! (we never did though)

The timing of the marathon was convenient however because I hoped that my limping maybe gave off the impression that I had just ran dozens of miles, and not that I was just out of shape & couldn't handle my Disney :rotfl2:

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.... she is just a marathon runner ;)

I just binged your entire report and really enjoyed! You’ve made me jealous to have an adults-only trip some day. My DH loves IPAs so maybe I can use your report to convince him sometime!

Thanks for sharing!

I was in a book club prior to COVID but then COVID + babies + life happened and we sort of just dissipated.. but this book I was like "DANG-- this would be a great book club book!"
It really would have been good for book club!
It's Bel Canto by Ann Patchett and in theory it should be super good (first page is the very beginning of a hostage situation of rich folks in a 3rd world country) but I can't seem to get into it 😭
I’ve read The Dutch House and Tom Lake by Ann Patchett. She writes beautiful books but they’re not typically ones that I just can’t put down. I have Bel Canto on my TBR but might wait awhile on that one! You might need another thriller to go with it at the same time!
So far for that one day in Disney, here's my list of free/cheap activities:
  • beignets @ POFQ
  • AKL to see animals
  • Wilderness Lodge for that bison burger ;) even though like I said we will likely not want to look at food for a while, ha!
  • ice cream at Boardwalk (same point as above, lol)
  • Fort Wilderness - s'mores, chip & dale singalong (is that still a thing?), horse stables, Cinderella's carriage, fishing
Those are great ideas! Could explore the monorail resorts too. Funny how so much of Disney revolves around food and drink!
our TA ended up finding us a Little Mermaid room (not ideal but whatever) for TEN nights, an EXTRA park day (park hoppers) for $100 cheaper. 😯 Now that is some Disney Math I can get behind!
Love that math! We stayed in the LM rooms this past trip and maybe our expectations were low but we were really happy with them. I would stay there again.

Anyway, to wrap this TR up- it was truly a magical, wonderful, romantic week away with my better half! We had the best time, were crazy spoiled in terms of luck with crowds, weather, pixie dust (all that champagne!), and short wait times.

I’m a little late to the end of your report (you finished as I was prepping for/going on a vacation) but I LOVED your trip report! You and Matt had such a wonderful few days together and got so much done (and had so many fun drinks! :laughing: ). I hope you get another chance for a similar getaway as it seemed to go so well.

We are staying at AoA for TEN MAGICAL NIGHTS and I am so stinking excited!!

Hooray for another trip on the horizon! A 10-day trip sounds fantastic (more days at Disney is always better!) and AoA is just a fantastic resort. I think you’ll love staying onsite for your whole trip with the kids - you’ll be in the magic the whole time! I love your countdown (I need to get our countdown chain started soon!) and look forward to seeing your PTR this summer and TR this fall. Thanks for sharing your trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter