Who was it who rented a condo near DL??

Saskiwi

Mouseketeer
Gidday cobbers!
I'm back after a long time away from the boards, as we have had no Dis-holidays in the planning since our big two-coasts US trip in 2013.
However, DH has casually mentioned that we could look at a trip next year:jumping1:
So here I am....!
We are thinking if we do DL we should look into renting a house or apartment as our boys are too big to share with us at Hojos now, and I remember a thread here by two Oz/Kiwi Dis-ers who had both rented the same place in Anaheim walking distance from DL? Ring any bells with anyone?

Of course when I reminded DH about all the work going on at DL next year (no rivers of America or railroad) he started talking Florida instead, so who knows?!:banana:
We worked out the other day our condo at Windsor Hills in 2013 was the best accommodation deal we have ever had anywhere ! - so that would be a lure, plus new Harry Potter at USO, plus what's new at WDW ??
- I have so much catching up to do!:faint:

:wave:

YAY for having another trip casually mentioned!

I do vaguely remember the place that you're talking about. I even have the sense that one of the bedrooms had a double bed down the bottom and a single bed up the top of the bunk bed.
Sadly, I don't remember who rented that house.

Maybe @zanzibar138 will see this thread and stop by. I know she rented some thing recently.

We rented one of the vacation rentals in the same group as Zanzibar. They are just across the road at the back of Disneyland. Our second bedroom had the bunk with the double bed on the bottom. We loved it.
We could watch the fireworks from our bedroom window, and also from the pool.
This is the one we rented, but the owner has about 3 I think. And Zanzibar will chirp in to let you know who she rented from, I'm sure.

http://www.vrbo.com/418164

Thank you guys! That looks like the place- I'd forgotten how much I love the Disboards - planning trips on here is half the fun...

Now who would like to bring me up to speed on what's new at WDW since May '13? I know the Seven Dwarves Mine ride, but is there any new Star Wars stuff planned for next year, or is it still a long way off?

Thank you guys! That looks like the place- I'd forgotten how much I love the Disboards - planning trips on here is half the fun...

Now who would like to bring me up to speed on what's new at WDW since May '13? I know the Seven Dwarves Mine ride, but is there any new Star Wars stuff planned for next year, or is it still a long way off?

I haven't really been keeping up with the changes at WDW as I haven't got a trip in the works there at all. But....

A lot of construction in AK for Avatarland. There is a new pavillion for Festival of the Lion King. I think there may be a new night show/parade (along the WoC lines) to start next year. Avatarland isn't due to be fully finished until 2017.
Closures and possible construction at DHS. I *think* but not really sure but the new SW section might only be ready in 2017.
Norway is under refurb in Epcot. Maelstrom is being refurbed for Frozen. Not sure when it opens. The Soarin' video is having a makeover. It should be available next year.

Have fun with you planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter