Who will be at the Poly in August 2012?

Hey, I think all 3 of us will have 18 year old daughters on this trip. :)

This is very cool. We should "set them up" (without telling them, of course). We should make plans to meet at the pool for some drinks and fun...and let them meet eachother. Teens who love Disney and aren't afraid to admit it are kind of rare, and my DD is always looking for peers who share her Disney love. Did I mention she dreams of becoming an Imagineer? She has full intentions of either participating in the Disney College Program of doing an internship with Disney during college.

MCDomzal, did you make it to Disney on Ice?

This is very cool. We should "set them up" (without telling them, of course). We should make plans to meet at the pool for some drinks and fun...and let them meet eachother. Teens who love Disney and aren't afraid to admit it are kind of rare, and my DD is always looking for peers who share her Disney love. Did I mention she dreams of becoming an Imagineer? She has full intentions of either participating in the Disney College Program of doing an internship with Disney during college.

My oldest will be 17 and my youngest 15! We should plan something. That would be pretty cool!

Count me in!!! Just made our ressies today!!!! :goodvibes First time staying at the Poly and I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! It has always been my dream to stay there! My DH mom passed away in October and left us some money, so DH said that we could book it!!!! I LOVE MY DH!!!!:love:

Anyway, we'll be there from the 4th through the 11th! It will be me, DH, and my two sons ages 17 and 13! Can't wait!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Count me in!!! Just made our ressies today!!!! :goodvibes First time staying at the Poly and I am SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! It has always been my dream to stay there! My DH mom passed away in October and left us some money, so DH said that we could book it!!!! I LOVE MY DH!!!!:love:

Anyway, we'll be there from the 4th through the 11th! It will be me, DH, and my two sons ages 17 and 13! Can't wait!!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

Wow, there are 5 of us with almost the EXACT dates. AWESOME!

Yay! So far everyone overlaps. We can have a huge party!!!

Wow, this should be fun! My DD is Disney crazy, too. As is my DS but he won't be with us. :sad2:

BTW, I wasn't the one going to Disney on Ice. I think it was Disneydreamin?

Welcome Pawla68! Nice to see a fellow Illinoisan!

Yes, it was I. We never made it. Too many things went wrong that night and I took it as a sign that it wasn't meant to be. Luckily Disney on Ice will be back around in November after our next Disney trip and first Disney cruise! :cool1:

Welcome. And YAY! More teenagers! :banana:

My alarm is set for 6am because tomorrow is my ADR day!!!! (That's because we are staying at ASMu on the 3rd.) I'll let you know if we get everything!

My alarm is set for 6am because tomorrow is my ADR day!!!! (That's because we are staying at ASMu on the 3rd.) I'll let you know if we get everything!

My DS is staying home from school on Tuesday so I can make our ADRs without dealing with getting him on the bus and feeding his sister. :rotfl: Excellent parenting!

I'm not sure we are going to make any ADR's. Am I weird? It's just that we hate to be tied into a schedule. But counter service for a week doesn't sound so appealing either. Guess we'd better make up our minds. Do you think it would be weird for a family with no little kids to go to breakfast at the Poly? DD loves Stitch!

I'm not sure we are going to make any ADR's. Am I weird? It's just that we hate to be tied into a schedule. But counter service for a week doesn't sound so appealing either. Guess we'd better make up our minds. Do you think it would be weird for a family with no little kids to go to breakfast at the Poly? DD loves Stitch!

There's nothing wrong with it at all!!! I'd go to character meals even if I went solo.

:rotfl:

Thanks! Maybe I'll book it for our day off of the parks so we, or rather she, can sleep in and then we can go over to Ohana for a late breakfast. As for me, I'll be up by 6:00 every morning, no matter what. Just don't want to miss any magic by sleeping! I can often be found roaming the grounds alone as the sun comes up with coffee in hand. Heaven!

:rotfl:

Thanks! Maybe I'll book it for our day off of the parks so we, or rather she, can sleep in and then we can go over to Ohana for a late breakfast. As for me, I'll be up by 6:00 every morning, no matter what. Just don't want to miss any magic by sleeping! I can often be found roaming the grounds alone as the sun comes up with coffee in hand. Heaven!

I'm the same way! On our days that we rest I still plan an early ADR at Kona!

We love character meals and do at least one every trip. In fact, I think it's more fun now that the kids are older, because they know how to instigate something with the characters, and we always have a good laugh.

My kids adore Lilo and Stitch (in fact, our cats are named...you guessed it...Lilo and Stitch), and yet we have never had breakfast at 'Ohana. This time we are getting the deluxe dining plan, and we have plenty of credits, but still no interest. I just can't get them excited about using a credit for scrambled eggs and mickey waffles. We WILL do breakfast and lunch at Kona and dinner at 'Ohana (if I can get it).

Our character meal of the trip will be breakfast at Crystal Palace. I have to see Eeyore, and we love getting into the park before it opens, haven't done that in years!

We are only doing 4 ADRs this year. This is going to be our first trip to Disney that we don't have a sit down meal every day. My girls are looking for a more relaxed time with more time at the resort and pool, etc. We are still going to venture into a park every day and most likely the Magic Kingdom several times, but they want to feel relaxed and not like we are planning our entire day around an ADR. I am going for O'hana, Boma (because my youngest wants to see the animals), 2 Kona for breakfasts, and then it is a toss up between a sit down at Hollywood studies or a sit down at the Animal Kingdom. Not sure yet. My ADR date is Monday. I get up for work at 3 a.m. so I will be up and ready to go when it is time. Can somebody tell me what time online ADRs are? I can't remember, lol.

We are going for 12 nights. We have a TS most days, but not all. We have 2 'Ohana dinners and 1 'Ohana breakfast....we like 'Ohana very much. :rotfl:

We are only doing 4 ADRs this year. This is going to be our first trip to Disney that we don't have a sit down meal every day. My girls are looking for a more relaxed time with more time at the resort and pool, etc. We are still going to venture into a park every day and most likely the Magic Kingdom several times, but they want to feel relaxed and not like we are planning our entire day around an ADR. I am going for O'hana, Boma (because my youngest wants to see the animals), 2 Kona for breakfasts, and then it is a toss up between a sit down at Hollywood studies or a sit down at the Animal Kingdom. Not sure yet. My ADR date is Monday. I get up for work at 3 a.m. so I will be up and ready to go when it is time. Can somebody tell me what time online ADRs are? I can't remember, lol.

I believe it's 6am for on-line and 7am for calling. I'm going to try after midnight tonight though. I'll post here if it works!

We are going for 12 nights. We have a TS most days, but not all. We have 2 'Ohana dinners and 1 'Ohana breakfast....we like 'Ohana very much. :rotfl:

I LOVE Ohana and I would eat there at least twice, but I have a vegetarian and the whole "meat on a stick" thing is a bit overwhelming for her, lol.

I believe it's 6am for on-line and 7am for calling. I'm going to try after midnight tonight though. I'll post here if it works!

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted if it works! I would like to know because I start my work day at 3 a.m. It would be nice to get it out of the way first thing.

I LOVE Ohana and I would eat there at least twice, but I have a vegetarian and the whole "meat on a stick" thing is a bit overwhelming for her, lol.

Thanks for the info. Keep us posted if it works! I would like to know because I start my work day at 3 a.m. It would be nice to get it out of the way first thing.

I can see it being a traumatic experience for her! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter