wHO'S GOING ME FOR ANOTHER SAILING 1/20/02?

Mmketeer

<font color=blue>DIS Cast Member- no really, but n
Hi gang,

I know I must be crazy as I just got off the ship last week, but I just couldn't help myself and had to take advantage of that $99pp deal to resail, so I booked another four day cruise for Jan 20th. :)

My family all thinks I am nuts and they're asking for loans!LOL! Luckily, hubby and I found our refund check from Mr.Busch that he sent out last summer and so since that wasn't money we were counting on (cause we lost it for half the year) we decided to hurry and spend it befor we lost it again and it expired!LOL!

So, who's coming with me???? And I want to hear from all yall Wonder cruisers when you go next month. I have never cruised in the winter (lucked out with 75 degree weather last week), so I am not sure if I'll need pants and sweaters. I am Florida Native after all and currently freezing my buns off here!LOL!

Mmketeer I can't get enough I think I am addicted to this cruising thing!LOL! Jan 20th, here we come!

I am as crazy as you are. We went in November and I also could not pass up the $99 January deal. We are going Jan 20th too. I an surprising my kids. They think we are going to Disney Saturday with some friends, staying the night and comming home Sunday. We are then driving to the boat. I can't wait. I too an having a problem trying to figure out what to pack. In November it was 88 degrees. Now we too are freezing. I hope that we are not the only ones on the boat. I don't see too many posts for Jan 20th. Anyone else sailing???:)

My DH and I are sailing on Jan 20th - our second Wonder cruise!! :cool:

You guys think YOU have cold weather - it is in the single digits here in MN and moving to subzero temps within the next week. (I know - why do we live here, you ask?) We ask ourselves the same question about this time of year!! :confused:

The cruise can't come soon enough - we can't wait. Although the really busy DIS cruise will be leaving the day before us - lots of DISers are going on the Jan 19th Magic cruise - check out the "Whos Cruising" list on the top of this board!!

Jean

DH and I will be on the Wonder the 20th! It's our first cruise, can't wait:) I too am wondering what to pack, I am from the south but the temps now and 15 days out for my area are looking cold! I guess it will be layering for me, I hope to be able to at least wear light sweaters at WDW after the cruise. I've been to WDW in Jan. before and it was in the 70's, but I will be happy with 60's now.
Hope to see you there- I will have lime green ribbons on my luggage:)
MJ

Hi Perdidobay, WiseGirl and CrazyLion,

Good to see so many of you will be sailing with me!:) I hadn't seen anybody post yet for that sail date, so I thought I might be the only one. CrazyLion, it's also great to see someone else in my shoes...I swear my family still thinks I am nuts! LOL!

As for the tempatures, I don't know about ya'll but for the next two weeks I'll be bugging those who have just sailed to tell me about how the weather was and what they wore and also if the movie schedule has changed since last month.

Well ya'll happy New year!...and may the countdown begin!
20 days and counting!LOL!
MMketeer

We are sailing on the Jan. 20th cruise as well!
It will actually be my sixth cruise- but at least this one I don't have to work!

We are going with some friends, pretty much one big excuse for a party/vacation!

Can't wait!!!

Hi DisneyInsider,

I am guessing your a fellow CM. Am I right? Well, your definitly a cruise ahead of me as this will only be my fifth cruise. I am thinking of maybe trying out Carnival this summer and cruise from our port here, but I am more excited about getting to go again for $99 on DCL later this year, how about you? How many buddies will you be bringing and did ya'll get seperate staterooms?

18 more days and counting!
Mmketeer

HI! I will be sailing with DH, DS (10), DS(6). Virginia just got snow yesterday and are bracing for another storm Sunday.

I too was hoping for 70's. The kids would love to swim.. This trip is a surprise for them for their Dec birthdays. It sure is hard keeping this Disney excitement a secret.

We are on deck 2, I guess that's what you get for last minute.
But who cares if I get to see the mouse.

Maybe we should set up a DIS mtg?

TTFN

Lori

Someone posted on another cruise board that they will be getting married on Castaway Cay during this cruise!

Hi LuvsDis and Wisegirl,

Welcome to our Jan. 20th cruise club LuvsDis, LOL! Boy are your kids gonna be excited when they finally find out where they are going. I was just on the Wonder in December and stayed on Deck two which is very convient to everything except the Spa, Pools and Palio's on the top deck. Most of the time I just walked up the steps to where ever I was going and if I had to take the elevator to anywhere except the upper deck it was a quick ride. The oceanview staterooms are wonderful there too and I even had one that had a wooden sitting area in front of the large porthole. It made it feel like you were sitting inside the porthole and looking out. Did you get an oceanview stateroom?

"Maybe we should set up a DIS mtg?" Sounds like fun!

Mmketeer

I think a DIS meeting would be fun! Mmketeer - do you have any ideas when and where? Maybe after the safety drill? Or a different day if fine too because the first day can get kind of crazy. This is only our second cruise so maybe the veterans have more ideas.

LuvsDis - do your kids STILL not know about the cruise? How exciting!! That would be so fun to surprise them like that... just think 2 weeks from now we'll be at the cruise terminal ready to board the Wonder! :D I'll look for a couple really happy kids that morning!

I think a DIS meeting would be great. I have been on one other disney curise and did not meet any other DIS people. I am not as familiar as some but I think day two is a good idea. The first day is bery busy. My kids also do not know that we are sailing. They think we are going to Disney for the weekend. I can't wait until they see the Wonder. They will freek!!!!. I hope we can come up with a meeting place it sounds like fun. Also if any of you are pin traders I would love to trade a Flordia State Disney Pin for one from you state. I already stocked up with the pins form Florida, Just let me know.

See you in 13 days.... I can't wait.

Chris
:)

Hi everyone :)

Keeping this cruise and WDW stay a secret is the hardest thing I have ever done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started stashing stuff in wash baskets so they don't see the bathing suits and flip flops.

DS 10 is pin trader, although we don't have any from VA.

We have an evening flight out of Washington DC at 7:30 so we are telling the kids that we are going to dinner with family. WEd 1/16 and staying 4 nights at Carribean beach. We won't tell them about the cruise until we arrive at port on Sunday.

They are two blonde kids and should be in matching outfits with bigggggggggggg smiles.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter