Who's going or wants to go in December ?

You think I'd be crazy to book my air?

Usually flying out of Cinci is very expensive, so we go to Dayton or Columbus or Indy. But I always check... And with just me going, and saving the parking fees...

So, I started checking Delta a few weeks ago when we began this crazy journey. It was about a week too soon to check our dates, but the week or so before the airfare was $270 R/T out of Cinc. Both direct flights and I would arrive in Orlando by 9:30 AM and leave on an 8 PM flight.

When our dates opened up, the fare was $310. I was a bit bummed, and thought maybe I would do Dayton. I checked today and the fare is at $290. So, I am thinking of booking! Am I nuts to book this far in advance? :confused:

The guy who stands on the courthouse steps playing the sax is playing "It's a Small World"! :yay:

Okay...but I still want to throw $5 in his jar and ask him to stand on a corner down the street! :laughing:

I know what you mean about the heat. I guess I have gotten used to it and plan accordingly. We seem to go in July or August every year.

I have a family suite at ASMu from 8/3-8/11. So far it is just me and my nephew for that part of the trip. He has never been to Disney and I think it will be fun. My sister and possibly my BIL plan on meeting up with us on 8/11 and we are heading south for a few days to visit family. We will likely return to Orlando on 8/13. I have a suite at the Portofino Bay booked. I got really lucky because when I applied for my Loews First card back in 2003 they automatically upgraded me to Platinum status which means whenever I book at a Loews hotel they automatically upgrade me to a suite. (Keep this in mind when we want to go to Universal when Harry Potter World opens)

I booked the Portofino Bay since the suites there have 2 full bathrooms. I looked into switching to the Hard Rock since my sister has never stayed there, but that hotel has become more pricey than the Portofino. So, we are staying with that reservation. If for some reason my sister does not come, I will switch us over to the Royal Pacific to save some $$.

HRH is getting crazy expensive !!! you can't seem to get a good deal on it anymore either ! the couple of times that I stayed there, I am sure I paid under $200 or right around that, even when we got club level it was $230 a night, I remember that one because I couldn't believe it was so cheap and knew DH & I could drink quite a bit for the money :rotfl2:

It sounds like you have a great trip planned !!! Disney and then US/IOA :yay: good for you !!!!

You think I'd be crazy to book my air?

Usually flying out of Cinci is very expensive, so we go to Dayton or Columbus or Indy. But I always check... And with just me going, and saving the parking fees...

So, I started checking Delta a few weeks ago when we began this crazy journey. It was about a week too soon to check our dates, but the week or so before the airfare was $270 R/T out of Cinc. Both direct flights and I would arrive in Orlando by 9:30 AM and leave on an 8 PM flight.

When our dates opened up, the fare was $310. I was a bit bummed, and thought maybe I would do Dayton. I checked today and the fare is at $290. So, I am thinking of booking! Am I nuts to book this far in advance? :confused:

WOW is that expensive !!!! don't you guys have Southwest ?? or is it always that expensive ?? :confused3

Okay out of curiousity I looked and Southwest is no-go for you, I take it that price is non-stop ?? I checked Northwest and you could get a flight now for $250 but it includes a stop which sucks

Are you signed up for fare specials ?

I have 11 trips between now and then and I am looking forward to all of them

(Not all 11 to WDW)

I know what you mean about the heat. I guess I have gotten used to it and plan accordingly. We seem to go in July or August every year.

I have a family suite at ASMu from 8/3-8/11. So far it is just me and my nephew for that part of the trip. He has never been to Disney and I think it will be fun. My sister and possibly my BIL plan on meeting up with us on 8/11 and we are heading south for a few days to visit family. We will likely return to Orlando on 8/13. I have a suite at the Portofino Bay booked. I got really lucky because when I applied for my Loews First card back in 2003 they automatically upgraded me to Platinum status which means whenever I book at a Loews hotel they automatically upgrade me to a suite. (Keep this in mind when we want to go to Universal when Harry Potter World opens)

I booked the Portofino Bay since the suites there have 2 full bathrooms. I looked into switching to the Hard Rock since my sister has never stayed there, but that hotel has become more pricey than the Portofino. So, we are staying with that reservation. If for some reason my sister does not come, I will switch us over to the Royal Pacific to save some $$.

That sounds like a nice trip. :banana:

Good luck with the airfares. :thumbsup2

Anyone want to to Le Cellier for lunch? The sandwiches are under $15.

DSCF0283.jpg

Yeah I wanna do LeCellier !! but then how the heck am I going to fit in the mexican restaurant and Biergarden, can we have 3 lunches in one day :confused3

Yeah I wanna do LeCellier !! but then how the heck am I going to fit in the mexican restaurant and Biergarden, can we have 3 lunches in one day :confused3

I have been known to do that many times. :rolleyes1
First I thought Biergarten was only open for dinner but I do see it's open for lunch too..
At least we have plenty of options at Epcot. :rotfl:

LeCellier sounds good. Are you still planning a CP breakfast/early MK day? I'm definately interested in that?

Anyone up for going to GF for their afternoon tea? I went last year and you get a surprisingly good amount of food and you dont have to have your pinkie raised when you drink it. :rotfl:

The CP breakfast is a definete, gotta have plenty of energy for a day at MK. :banana:
I don't know about the GF, the good amount of food might not be enough for me. :rotfl:

I love Biergarten. I will have to keep an eye out and see if you book that one on a day I'll be around.

I don't even know what half those things are on the Biergarten menu :rotfl:

Crystal Palace is a definite on my agenda, I want the first ressie so I get in MK first :yay: You all better stay outta my way too :mad:

I don't even know what half those things are on the Biergarten menu :rotfl:

Crystal Palace is a definite on my agenda, I want the first ressie so I get in MK first :yay: You all better stay outta my way too :mad:

I'll be ahead of you. I don't take long to get ready in the morning so I'll beat you. ;)

I don't even know what half those things are on the Biergarten menu

Sauerbraten - sausages
Schnitzel - meat pounded flat and breaded, usually served with sauce
Spatzle - sort of fluffy noodles

All you have to remember is the BIER part. After all, Biergarten means "beer garden"

I'll be ahead of you. I don't take long to get ready in the morning so I'll beat you. ;)

Neither do I if I wear my hat :yay: and i'll trip your a$$ if you try to outrun me

Sauerbraten - sausages
Schnitzel - meat pounded flat and breaded, usually served with sauce
Spatzle - sort of fluffy noodles

All you have to remember is the BIER part. After all, Biergarten means "beer garden"

:rotfl: good point !!! and thanks for the translation ! where you heading tomorrow, back to Disney ??

Nice pic, so did you wait the 940 minutes :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter