Who's Going To The Hershey, PA RV Show Sept 10-14?

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
For all you DISsers that love camping at the Fort,

The largest RV show in the USA is being held next week in Hershey, PA.

Hershey RV Show link

I love going to shows around my home but they're small and not a lot of pop-up campers/dealers/ideas are there. Still, I like to look around.

So who is going?

What are you looking for?

For those that have been in the past, are there good deals to be had on units sold at the show itself?

Bama Ed

PS - yes I am a camping geek: some of the seminars look pretty interesting. :teacher:

Forgot to add in an rv show years ago I went into an Aliner (which I have now) and remember thinking it was weird....

We are! First time and I'm really excited!

We want to see some class C brands that are direct sales (Nexus, Coach House, and Phoenix Cruiser)...nothing immediate, just looking for future reference and I know we wouldn't be likely to see any in person anywhere around us. I also want to see the new Winnebago Brave. Though, I have to say that we looked at the 2014 version of our Winnie class C and the fit and finish didn't impress us as much as ours, it seems like they're cutting corners to hit the lower price points, so I'm not expecting to be overly wowed by the Brave - but it sure looks so retro-cool!

We do plan to buy a new awning mat, I'll commit to that purchase! :)

We did not get there this year, the wife and I had worked the DCNR booth the prior year. Instead of attending this year we went camping in our new rig, before we came to visit the fort.

My DW and I were going to go to the 2014 RV Show. After all, it's only about 2 hours away from us, but the weather (forecast) and timing of other events made it difficult for us to go. Perhaps we will make it to the 2015. It might be better if we do like we do for FW and "Plan" it out.

The 2015 RV show info is HERE!

We're going. We live about 15 minutes away. We went last year on a Sunday afternoon, and it was so crowded you could barely look. Lots of sales, and the majority of the units had SOLD on them. The prices looked really good. We are planning on purchasing in a few weeks. We may wait and see if the price at the show is better or the current price from the local dealer (which will be there).

We're going. We live about 15 minutes away. We went last year on a Sunday afternoon, and it was so crowded you could barely look. Lots of sales, and the majority of the units had SOLD on them. The prices looked really good. We are planning on purchasing in a few weeks. We may wait and see if the price at the show is better or the current price from the local dealer (which will be there).

Howdy, neighbor! We live 20 (correction, not 2 minute) minutes away in Camp Hill! We went last year. I had been in the past when it was at the Farm Show, but I think it is better now. You are right, a lot was sold by Sunday. It is good to go earlier if you want to buy. We may try another day or evening this year, but we have something to do that weekend.

If you are interested in seeing all types of RVs in person, this is the place to be! If you do your research ahead of time it can be a great place to buy, too!

Last edited:
Howdy, neighbor! We live 2 minutes away in Camp Hill! We went last year. I had been in the past when it was at the Farm Show, but I think it is better now. You are right, a lot was sold by Sunday. It is good to go earlier if you want to buy. We may try another day or evening this year, but we have something to do that weekend.

If you are interested in seeing all types of RVs in person, this is the place to be! If you do your research ahead of time it can be a great place to buy, too!
It looks like you can get an after 3PM special for $5. My wife and I may try to go on the first two evenings if we can get a sitter for our kids. Its tough on school nights. We live in Jonestown.

Were going but sadly it will be our last year of camping at Hershey. Their rates for next year went up to $99 a night. I am paying $70 this year!

We've gone every year and camped there since they moved it to Hershey 10 years ago. We are 2.5 hours away so we will probably be doing a day trip. Unless someone can suggest a different campground? We are coming from the north so I would prefer it that direction. It's almost impossible to get past the Giant Center from the south on the weekend.

Pick your days for the show wisely. You cant get near the units on the weekend.

Kmccain, we went on Wed (which was still extremely crowded) and stayed at Jonestown KOA in Jonestown, PA about 20 minutes north from Hershey (open all yr) as it was on our route home to NY. It was a nice campground, not too fancy with a really nice charming store with outdoor tables and rocking chairs, where they were selling pumpkins, etc., an ice cream shop and also hot and cold food, which was nice bc we went in a small B and weren't loaded up with a lot of food. I think we paid about $45 for the night. It was located on a small river/stream bank which we lucked out and got a spot. There is another place close to there called Twin Grove RV Resort which was a very cool place if you had kids, there was a small ferris wheel there, a bunch of stuff for kids to do, tho not sure if they keep the ferris wheel, etc. open that time of yr or not. The campground was open, they were going to charge us only $35 but the KOA was more our style being 2 adults. http://twingrove.com/

Last edited:
Thank you for the information on Jonestown KOA. I actually book there for next year during the RV show. It sounds like it is our style also. We like to go to the RV show and maybe the outlets then just relax. I wanted to stay to the north of the RV show because traffic is so bad to the south on Saturday and it is closer to us too. It took us an hour to get the 1 mile from the campground to Chocolate world on a bus. Its really getting crazy!

September 14-18, 2016 Who'll be there?

DH and I live in Hershey, and usually get a ticket that allows us to visit every day. At the 2014 show we traded our Holiday Rambler Savoy TT, and got a new Renegade Villagio...guess it's a B+.
We're packing and heading to the Fort on Sunday.

The show if well worth a visit.

Maybe I will go! I love Hershey! I can combine it with either a trip to the park or a trip to the PA Ren Faire (another family favorite). I'm sure my hubby won't want to go bc he is afraid of what we will walk out with (teardrop trailer, anyone?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter