• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why B2B instead of booking one longer cruise?

We are doing our first b2b in September. We prefer a 7-night cruise but we wanted to do the DVC Member Cruise and it is only 4 nights. Since we are flying all the way to Florida from the west coast, we have opted to add on the 3 night cruise after the member cruise. I'm honestly looking forward to the double dip at CC. We will Scuba in Nassau one day and stay on the ship the other. Jury is still out on whether the repetition of food and entertainment will bother us. My thought is "how bad can it be? I'll be on a DCL cruise!"

For my wife and me the longer the cruise the better. But we chose to do a B2B cruise (our first time) on the Disney Wish because this was the only way for us to sail the Wish for that long of a cruise.

And we would do it again on a future cruise!!!

The short layover at the port while segueing from the three night to four night cruise was seamless. And we'll do this again so we can sail the Wish or any future DCL ship if the itinerary is a 3/4 night cruise.

Jury is still out on whether the repetition of food and entertainment will bother us
You don't have to order the same thing in the dining room the second time around. And, depending on entertainment scheduling, it's possible that the individual entertainers (if they have them) will be different on each cruise.

I would love to investigate that further. Do you have any details? Suggestions on what I should look for?
Check out any cruises around the time you're booking. Work out how long you want to go for. If you want to go for 7 days, sometimes it's cheaper to do a 4 day and a 3 day. On the Dream vs Fantasy once we saved around $1900 for doing a B2B on Dream instead of one 7 day on Fantasy but it was still 7 days on the ship.
Technically you 'lose' sometime on the ship but honestly, not that much. We slept in a little, went to breakfast, were the last ones off the ship, went into the terminal, waited maybe 45 minutes (we took photos with the ship, took photos in the empty terminal ect) and then it was time to get back on. We went to Cove Cafe for free coffees (a perk for B2B guests because nothing else is open on the ship). We had a chance to talk to some officers (they approached us, we wouldn't have disturbed them but they wanted to chat), the cafe was quite so we could talk to the barista and other crew, we took some photos on the empty ship (keep in mind it's a working site so some sections of the ship are blocked off until boarding starts for new guests) and then characters were meeting as guests boarded (we were first in line for Rapunzel and then met Mickey, Goofy, Pluto and Donald with no wait time or one group ahead) We met all of them within 20 minutes or so. We were then first in the pool and had it to ourselves for awhile. When it started to get busy, we headed to lunch where there wasn't that many people yet. I really enjoy turn around day.

We were supposed to do our first B2B earlier this year. We were booked on one of the early Wish cruises that got canceled due to the delayed delivery. It was a 3-day added on to our planned WDW vacation. When we rebooked we didn’t want to fly to FL for such is short cruise, so we booked the B2B. Had to come home early due to a family emergency (plug for trip insurance) so didnt actually sail the 2nd cruise.

We are booked on a Dream B2B next year. It was only slightly more than the Fantasy 7-night and cheaper than a Wish B2B but is 9-nights. Plus, the itineraries are different between the two so only Castaway is the repeat. It’s essentially a double dip.

So, unique 9-night itinerary, get to try the new terminal in Ft. Lauderdale, and 2 cruise credits trying to get to platinum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter