Why can’t DVC guides say Poly Tower will be same association?

Why can’t DVC guides say Poly Tower will be same association?

• For fun - keeps the topic intriguing and relevant

• One or more details will make it slightly different from historical additions to associations

• It doesn’t matter

• They still don’t want to commit; want to leave door open to pivot to new association

• Poly Tower will be new association

• DVC assumes we already know the answer

• Maybe it’s a new policy to not divulge info until absolutely necessary

• Survey results showed purchases likely increase if association news is held back to sales day

• I don’t know *shrug*

Results are only viewable after voting.

Genie+

You can never spend enough
Poly Polls are fun.

It’s April 2024 and DVC has still not 100% confirmed that the new Poly Tower will be same association as PVB.

Sure the writing is on the wall, but what is holding DVC back from sharing this information? Please take your best guess(es).

They have been instructed from legal to only say that the plan in December was said to be the same but can not comment further.

My guide read me the exact statement they are given.

Think this is why people have not completely agreed it’s a done deal because DVC themselves still leave the door open for people to question.

This is how my anxiety works.... I'm so worried that when they finally announce the boards will then just be about the actual question posted and not interesting nuggets completely off topic on page 51.

Umm, could there be legal reasons that prevent the guides (sales personnel) from making certain statements that aren't backed up by legal filings?

May be wrong but I thought they shared that additions at VGF, AKV and SSR would be same associations before every legal filing was complete.

May be wrong but I thought they shared that additions at VGF, AKV and SSR would be same associations before every legal filing was complete.

They did. That is also why this has been a back and forth because in the past, DVD was clear.

They seem to have treated this project completely different. Every time some posts a reason why it should support one way or the other, they do it differently and that reason shifts to support the other side.

It’s mind boggling. The only thing they don’t count on though is people here in the DIs who watch for filed documents!!

Because it’s a longstanding policy not to divulge information until absolutely necessary.

There were literal resort plans floating around the internet with a DVC stamp on them for BLT with a half built tower, and they were still like “what tower? What are you talking about?”

Because it’s a longstanding policy not to divulge information until absolutely necessary.

There were literal resort plans floating around the internet with a DVC stamp on them for BLT with a half built tower, and they were still like “what tower? What are you talking about?”
I remember that, way before I was even thinking about buying DVC & thus knew nothing, I noticed the half built BLT tower as I rode by it on the monorail & asked a CM what it was going to be & they basically denied that said half built tower even existed 😂 .

I don't think the treehouse situation was made clear until many months after they were announced. People assumed it would be combined because "who would buy into just a treehouse"...but it wasn't formalized until much later in the game.

Here's my 16-year old opinion piece debating the topic. (Be kind...frankly I'm afraid to re-read the whole thing myself). 😖

Also Copper Creek / Boulder ridge was ambiguous for quite a while...though in that case, again people correctly assumed separate association because of nearness of the 2042 ending date.

Timeshares have to be approved by the state, my guess is they don’t want to commit until they file the paperwork and it is approved. I wouldn’t assume guides know the final answer, they just repeat what they are told.

Yes, I remember it well. I was so close to getting my wife to pull the trigger on BLT, but could not get any guides to admit it was a DVC resort. Luckily, once finally official my wife stayed on board and we bought our first contract which we still own.

Poly Polls are fun.

It’s April 2024 and DVC has still not 100% confirmed that the new Poly Tower will be same association as PVB.

Sure the writing is on the wall, but what is holding DVC back from sharing this information? Please take your best guess(es).
I would add a category, there is an unknown legal reason they cannot share

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter