Why do Americans murder their bacon ?

I'm pretty sure the bacon they serve at Disney is deep fried - I can't imagine it getting that way by any other means.
I had the Trad English BFast at WWoHP which advertises "english bacon" and it was the proper thing. Shame they put potatoes and sauceless "baked beans" on the plate.
Those Aussie bacon photos were FAB!

I'll take bacon anyway :lmao:

That's the fun thing about travelling is doing thing the way the locals do. Even though we are Americanized in so many ways , there are still differences...

I personally love homestyle American cooking. I could eat at Cracker Barrel every day. :goodvibes ;)

when we had bacon at our breakfast buffet in Islands Dining Room at royal pacific resort at Universal, i put my fork in the strip of bacon & it shattered! literally, broke up into hard little jerky-like chunks. i had been dying to try american bacon and yeah.. it shattered. same with the bacon i tried while in vegas... it was so hard & tough compared to the softer/meatier australian bacon that i was used to... it also tasted very sweet, like they had spread it with syrup or something...

but that was part of the eating experience, so... yeah. preference is def aussie bacon, all the way.

my DH is the bacon cooker in this house, he lays it all out with each rasher overlapping, and the fat and rind exposed and then grills it - crispy fat and rind, and juicy meat!........... mmmmm!:cloud9:

my DH is the bacon cooker in this house, he lays it all out with each rasher overlapping, and the fat and rind exposed and then grills it - crispy fat and rind, and juicy meat!........... mmmmm!:cloud9:

mine is a vegetarian (he'll eat fish as protein, but only if it doesn't look like fish, ie battered, crumbed or in fish fingers) so i don't get to eat bacon much, but when i do...

soft, slightly seared middle bacon with just-crispy rind is the BEST!

Ha ha, I'm still giggling away because I just did a webinar about Carnival Spirit, the ship that they are bringing down to be based in Sydney, and I kept thinking about this thread. Before it comes, they are making some changes for the Australasian market such as dumping tipping, changing the coffee (new machines, beans, baristas) and CHANGING THE BACON!!:lmao: :rotfl: Apparently the state of the bacon is one of the biggest complaints that Aussies and Kiwis make on Carnival cruises so they knew they would have to change the bacon they serve before they base the ship here! :rotfl2: They said that Americans eat the more fatty parts whilst, since we tend to be more healthier people, we eat the more meaty parts :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter