• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why do people have to say the worst to you..

CarolAnnC said:
Even worse than the people who say negative things, are the people who avoid you during critical illnesses and such. I understand some people suffer denial and feel their own mortality when confronted with issues of sickness and death, but it is so disheartening to feel that people either avoid you or just totally disappear.
This is SO true! When my mom passed last year I lost touch with so many family members and friends. They sent condolence cards and then dropped off the face of the earth. Most didn't even come to the memorial mass. Mom's best friend still keeps in touch with me, but now that daddy has terminal cancer, it's like everyone in the family thinks we have the plague or something and just avoids us. It's disheartening but makes me cling to DH, daddy, my brother, sister, and her kids all the more. Good luck to you and yours :grouphug:

Both Jen's...here's a big hug!!!!!!.....I know how hard it is when people just back away from you. My daughters and I, I have 3 daughters, have decided it is us....the 5 of us, and whoever happens along and gives us support, we will take that as a blessing.... As far as family is concerned, I am sad to say...although DH has brothers, I have a brother, cousins, nephews, nieces, it is us 5 that will weather the storm together. This is the weird part, it is strangers, that become friends, neighbors, these are the people that reach out when the family backs away....and Disers, I cannot tell you how kind my Dis friends and acquaintainces have been to me....

Two posted here today, hugs Carol and Judy....they are there for me when I need a shoulder...

Shugar...they did cover the Tarceva.....but they made us pay a $40 co pay for the 30 pills....according to the pharmacy the prescription costs $3300 for 30 pills. Horrifying. Now the bills are flying in here from the insurance company and from the hospital and I put them in a pile and let them battle it out until I know what the final figure is...

*Sigh* He is tired but in good spirits...PMA.. I keep telling him PMA...I have PMA too...

Hugs to all of us.

And *HUGS* for you. Stay positive and just keep positive people in your life, no one negative that will bring you down. We are all here to listen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter