Why do we have to stand in all these lines?...a TR by DM w/lots of PIX...Completed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to mention our little flight on the plane down to Charlotte. Alec has been know to have a bad stomach ever since he was a baby. He has thrown up on a few occasions in flight. So, when we were on our final descent into Charlotte, he told me his tummy didn't feel so well. I asked him if he was going to be sick and he said, I don't know. I grabbed the barf bag (which I had handy right from the start) just as he started heaving. I was just in time to catch it all. My poor baby. But afterward, he was absolutely totally fine. I mean, just happy as can be! Sorry if this grossed any of you out but it was a big deal for us. Thankfully, it didn't happen on the next leg of our flight and, just to give you a heads up on our way home, he was totally fine then too. So, no more vomit stories! Bathroom stories, however, there will be a couple!!!

I consider us lucky that Aidan is 6 1/2 now and has never thrown up. Oh, we've had other medical problems, some serious, but never that.

We also stopped taking planes. Aidan doesn't like to fly and that gives me a great excuse not to since I'm afraid to fly. :scared: That's why we drive to WDW. :)

I consider us lucky that Aidan is 6 1/2 now and has never thrown up. Oh, we've had other medical problems, some serious, but never that.

We also stopped taking planes. Aidan doesn't like to fly and that gives me a great excuse not to since I'm afraid to fly. :scared: That's why we drive to WDW. :)
Where are you from? Rob says that if we ever had 2 weeks in a row off he would consider driving down but taking it slow.

We live about 14 hours away so we drive halfway the first night after work/school and then the second half on Saturday morning. If you exclude the cost of the wear and tear on the car the drive plus the hotel is much cheaper than a plane for us.

We also tried the Amtrak (regular) and the auto train. Auto train is great and I would do it again but the cost is too high. Regular Amtrak is cheap but then you have no car (no extra room for souvenirs). :yay:

Yes we do and we drive them on the right side of the road too! :rotfl2: Smoke free everywhere public??? Wow thats awesome!
No the left side is the right side :rotfl2: Only smoke free in enclosed public places unfortunately so all the shops have a cloud of smoke by the front door :scared:

Just think, if the US hadn't separated from England, we'd all be talking like Jo!!!!!!!!!:lmao: (JJ;) )
:eek: How rude :rotfl2:

I grabbed the barf bag
I didn't manage to grab the sick bag on our return flight with Jess :scared:

For my British friends, happy 4th of July as I assume you do still have that day, eh? :rolleyes:
Friends? Friends? I thought I was the only one :rotfl2: And yeah it's July the 4th here today too but no fireworks :rotfl2:

Only smoke free in enclosed public places unfortunately so all the shops have a cloud of smoke by the front door :scared:
I hate that--AE and I have asthma and it is triggered by smoke--I wish they would ban it everywhere.

You know I'm kidding--I've never actually heard you talk, just write! And apparently DM has a bigger accent!

We're back from canoeing and swimming at Hungry Mother State Park--really pretty park with a nice little mountain lake. Headed to fireworks soon.

You know I'm kidding--I've never actually heard you talk, just write! And apparently DM has a bigger accent!
Do I need to do a video of my voice just so you all can finally say that I most certain DO NOT have an accent?????? :lmao:

I don't think there will be fireworks here as it has been raining all day. We'll see....

We live 1 1/2 hours away , north of Charlotte. Gotta love the country. We only go to Charlotte for school field trips, going south and to go to the Theme park Carowinds.

We live about 14 hours away so we drive halfway the first night after work/school and then the second half on Saturday morning. If you exclude the cost of the wear and tear on the car the drive plus the hotel is much cheaper than a plane for us.

We also tried the Amtrak (regular) and the auto train. Auto train is great and I would do it again but the cost is too high. Regular Amtrak is cheap but then you have no car (no extra room for souvenirs). :yay:
Hi Kate...where's your link to your trippie?? :confused3

Do I need to do a video of my voice just so you all can finally say that I most certain DO NOT have an accent?????? :lmao:

I don't think there will be fireworks here as it has been raining all day. We'll see....
She really doesn't have an accent...really! ;)

DM sorry to hear about the sickness on the plane...good thing you were ready for it!!!! :thumbsup2

Glad you're coming out of "lurkdom". I always like to post about Evan being a preemie. There is a special bond between parents of preemies. I hope Becca is doing well. Evan had some speech delays and had troubles with sensories and fine motor but he's doing fine now. Just a bit of learning disability that his school is helping him out with. Thank goodness we have a good school system here in NY. [/QUOTE]

Becca is great! Thanks for asking :) She's a bit petite, but in all honesty, no one would every guess at this point that she was a preemie. She's fiesty, stubborn, headstrong, lovable, and "rotten" all in one! LOL

Melissa

Great report! And thanks for adding the pictures - it's nice being able to put a face with the names and stories!

Boy, you guys have quite a clan going! I'm a newbie, and for the record I've posted on yours and Courtney's TR, too. But I read yours first! :thumbsup2

As I was reading your first post, I got to the bottom of it where you say "just call me DM." And I thought, boy, aren't you lucky your name doesn't being with a "B" :rotfl2:

Boy, you guys have quite a clan going! I'm a newbie, and for the record I've posted on yours and Courtney's TR, too. But I read yours first! :thumbsup2

As I was reading your first post, I got to the bottom of it where you say "just call me DM." And I thought, boy, aren't you lucky your name doesn't being with a "B" :rotfl2:

Hey, I see that!
That's just what DM needs to rub it in my face :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I'm just kidding-- I'm just glad you're reading both of ours... We like to share friends!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

psssst..... she DOES most certainly have an accent....... :goodvibes

Hey, I see that!
That's just what DM needs to rub it in my face :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I'm just kidding-- I'm just glad you're reading both of ours... We like to share friends!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I did find your TR from your post on this thread, so I have to give that to DM. :flower3: After her earlier post that you have more friends/posts on yours, I felt kinda bad... :(

I'm a newbie, and for the record I've posted on yours and Courtney's TR, too. But I read yours first! :thumbsup2
Wow, that's great sucking up to DM!!:thumbsup2 ;)
You should join Team Focker Watch! (I think DM or Jo has the link............)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
That's great--and DM should get that as she does medical transcription!

How were the fireworks?? Ours were surprisingly good--we had watched them in DC last year so we did not expect our small town to have very many. They lasted over an hour!
(...and the football scoreboard didn't explode like it did last year.....apparently everyone clapped.........)

You know I'm kidding--I've never actually heard you talk, just write!
I know I'm used to it now, the DIS wouldn't be the same without you taking the P :rotfl2:

::yes:: Well on the little video you did on your PreTR it didn't sound as though you had an accent maybe you need to do a longer one :lmao: I was thinking of doing one so you could all hear what I sounded like but I don't know what to say :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter