Why I dropped off the face of the earth.......

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
Why I dropped off the face of the earth.......

Boy, what a month.. or has it been longer??? I have no idea, time has sort of been morphing for us lately. Where to begin..... Hmmmmm

When I last posted, The girls just finished being sick and I was sick, but on the mend......_ then things took a sharp turn for the worse, and I got very sick. Dehydrated, a severe UTI that spread to my kidneys and worse..... contracting...... Spent 4 lovely days in L&D hooked up to IV's which made me have to pee sooooo much, some wonder drug that made my skin crawl to stop the contractions, and no getting outta bed, making for an extra lovely stay. UGH When I returned home, I find my husband didn't tell me how bad/sick his Mom had gotten.... he didn't want me to worry..... so we spend the next couple of weeks, with me attempting to take it easy (while caring for my 3yo and 2yo), and him spending every spare minute with his Mom......... Sadly she passed away on the 7th..... One might think that something like this would draw the family closer together, but instead it caused huge fights about how and where to bury her...... It was a truely sad time for all.......

A week or so later, my oldest DD, Madeline, who is in preschool, was exposed to Chicken Pox. I have never had CP, and my OB informed me that I needed to sequester myself, away from her, until we knew if she got them...... It was a nice 10 day stay at the hotel from hell..... (read no room service and NO modem hook up) and I felt sooo bad for my husband, who was already stressed from just loosing his Mom, he had to take 2 weeks off, to watch the girls. Me, on the other hand got a chance to rest and recuperate.
I came home last week, and am still catching up on housework, kisses from my girls, and generally nesting, since this baby should arrive in the next 8-10 weeks.
I am feeling pretty good now, with the exception of a nasty cold (which I will take over a UTI, anyday)..... baby is moving like crazy (BTW, I had 4 U/S in the hospital and held my ground in NOT finding out the sex........ very very hard to do!) So I am back....... kinda of sort of..... been lurking for a day or two, but hope to post more soon.

I will also post this under the Where in the world is Mickey thread, since I STILL have him here with me....... Sooo Sooo Sorry about that, but sometimes life gets in the way of living! My goal for the week it to mail the darn thing off.......

I have missed you all.......

Laura

Welcome home, Laura!

Glad to hear that you are finally feeling better! Whew - you guys really have had a rough month, haven't you.:(

My condolences to you and your DH on the death of his mother.

Please take care and get rested up.

Great to 'see' you again, Laura, sure sounds like you have been through the wringer of late, physically, mentally and emotionally. Big {Hugs} for you. My condolences to you and your hubby on his mom's passing. :( Hope things are going better for you, it does sound like they are.

Hope to see you at the Chicago meet in Gurnee on April 12th. :sunny:

Wow, you surely have had more than your share to cope with lately. (hug) Glad to hear things are beginning to look up for you and your family though. And so sorry to hear of your DH's mom passing, and of all the squabbles. Goes to show we really need to take care of our own wishes for our death/burial, that way there is no question and no arguments. Take care of yourself, and glad you're back on the boards.

Wow!! Hugs to you and your family. You sure did have your fair share. Take Care of yourself and glad to hear that everyone is feeling better.

Melinda

Oh my goodness Laura....glad to hear you are back and sorry to hear about all the sorrow and trouble you have endured the past few weeks/month.

I'm sorry about your MIL.:( Did both girls end up having chicken pox?

I'm glad to hear you and #3 are doing well. It sounds like you've had a lot of loops thrown at you recently. {{hugs}}

What a month!!! So glad you are back and everything seems to be on the mend!

Originally posted by browneyes
I'm sorry about your MIL.:( Did both girls end up having chicken pox?

Neither one! thank goodness.... I dont know how my husbnad would have coped! Of course that brings on another set of problems...... when to get them their shots..... I was about to do it, when I got preggers, and the Ped nixed the idea, since it is dangerous to me and the baby.... So we have to hold off for a while.... since the vacine can bring on a mild case of them.

I gotta figure out how I can get them safely when this is all over with.....

Laura, are you still on the contraction stopping medicine? I assume it was tributalin (sp?) since that's the most common one! It really does make your skin crawl! I was on it with both kids for 4-6 weeks each time. Sorry to hear about the troubles.

Best of luck recovering.

Wow! You really, really had a lot on your plate within the last few weeks! :eek: I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss. :(

Welcome back! I'm glad to hear that things are getting back to "normal" for you. :)

{{{hugs}}} sweetie!

Sounds like you've been through more than your fair share.

I'm so sorry for all that you and your family have had to endure.

tamie

OMG Laura -- how terrible!!! Take LOTS of time to rest before the Baby comes. Take care of yourself.
{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}
Jody

Wow, after all of that, having a baby will be a piece of cake!

Seriously, so sorry to hear of your loss and the stresses on your family. I hope that you lives are boring for a few weeks and that you can all rejuvenate.

Welcome back, Laura! Wow...you certainly had a lot! I'm sorry about your MIL's passing. And to have family argue on where to bury had to be just awful! I hope the rest of your pregnancy is non-eventful.

I'm glad you're back and that everybody is feeling better. Sorry to hear about your MIL, tho. {{{{{HUGS}}}}

Boy, what a month!

So glad things are looking up for you. Hopefully this baby will come without any more problems.

Good luck to you.

And I thought MY month was bad! Yours was a doozy.

Hope all goes smoothly for the rest of your pregnancy. Sounds like you really deserve some R&R.

And speaking from experience, get the chicken pox vaccine. My daughter's 9 day stay in the hospital last month was due to our chicken pox escapade! It won't keep them from getting the chicken pox, but it should lesson the chance that they'll get sick as my DD did.

Well hello!!!:D

So nice to hear that everything is okay with you and the baby!

My deepest sympathies on the death of your mother-in-law:(

I hope the next 8-10 weeks are much more peaceful for you!

It sounds like you have had more than your fair share on your plate this month. I am sorry to hear about all you have been through and you have my prayers for an easy 8-10 weeks until you new baby arrives.

:bounce::wave::wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter