Why is it?

It takes us about one hour to set up. Chairs, screen house over picnic table, bikes unloaded, lantern hung, cloth line put up rug laid out. Of course this is after leveling, plugging in, hook up water, and sewer and thanking DW for the most excellent directions for backing up.

Don't even get me started on the backing in!

I must say, it has taken DW a long time to learn the proper way to communicate to the driver when backing in. She now understands the proper words to use and when to use them.

But before our current rig, it was not so smooth Big LOL

Well, we're back, and it was AWESOME. I'll have pics and a report posted as soon as I can. In the meantime, I wanted to mention one thing DH and I noticed while at the fort.
Why is it that at every other site, people pull in, put out their slides if they have them, throw out two chairs and their awning, and seem to be done? No fuss, no muss, no big deal.
At OUR site, however, we have so much "stuff" (a.k.a. crap), it looks as though we pulled in and our camper threw up!!! I'm talking rug, chairs (6), table (in addition to the picnic table), easy up canopy, clear plastic storage bins, bikes, shoe bins, coolers, hammock, clothesline, golf clubs, etc., etc., etc..
Do I just bring too much junk, or does everyone else have a better way of "hiding" it? :confused3
This is exactly how I feel. I feel like I am setting up the whole time I am there, especially on weekend only trips. This year I am organizing alot of stuff. We use to have two big bins, one for food and one for pots. I have gotten rid of one of the big totes

Some folks from Wisconsin came in right across from us, next thing I knew everyone was pushing me towards the ladys suburban telling me to back it in. She said it was easier to ask for help while her husband was getting the cart than it was for them to fight about it..... :lmao:

I don't think it ever takes me more than an hour to setup from the time I start backing into the site. With the 5er everything is pretty much in its place already. Back-in, chocks, jacks, connections, awning, carpet, campstove (i carry a 3 burner mega thousand btu stove for the really serious cooking since the thing in the trailer is a joke). That's about it.

I never have any trouble backing in at the Fort and my camper always ends up exactly where I want it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter