Why no love for the people that had their ABD trip cancelled.

I'm not sure cancelling everything until July is the answer, either. I don't think any of the other major tour operators have done this.

Maybe not cancel but certainly not book yet and communicate better and not act like everything will be fine ASAP. See Tauck's website for example. Their messages to clients are thorough and address this with the proper perspective. They've even gotten details as to the Oberamagau passion play being delayed till 2022. They are on top of things. ABD is not.

Maybe not cancel but certainly not book yet and communicate better and not act like everything will be fine ASAP. See Tauck's website for example. Their messages to clients are thorough and address this with the proper perspective. They've even gotten details as to the Oberamagau passion play being delayed till 2022. They are on top of things. ABD is not.

Yeah, I don’t understand rebooking people whose trips have already been cancelled on another trip as soon as June. Other than, clearly, ABD wants to hold on to their money. But if people are willing to do it, it makes sense from a business standpoint.

In theory, I don’t have any problem with ABD (or any other company) holding onto PIF until the trip is cancelled, as long as the trip is cancelled in a timely manner. I do have issues with the way they handled the England/France and Australia trips this month. That was inexcusable. And I think delaying PIF to 30-45 days seems like a reasonable accommodation for the near future.

Last edited:
I'm moving my May Egypt ABD trip to September. I don't have ill will towards Disney. I do wish they would have handled it differently however

I'm moving my May Egypt ABD trip to September. I don't have ill will towards Disney. I do wish they would have handled it differently however

As I've said before, by Disboards' very nature, everyone posting on here is at some level a big Disney/ABD fan...otherwise we wouldn't be here. "Ill will" seems like the wrong sentiment...I think its disappointment in my case, specifically. Disappointment in a company and product that has delivered pretty consistently and a product that all of us have always thought would step up and be there in a crisis. Waiting till the last second to cancel trips (waiting until the President literally restricted travel), abandoning people abroad without airfare back home, and in many cases refusing to refund money are all big disappointments for us as ABD fans.

I've always wanted to try A&K and this experience might push me over to try them for our next trip. Will I never book with ABD again? That's probably an over-reaction. I probably will, but this episode and the way they treated us in the process has left us all with tons of disappointment.

I want to also point out that DCL and WDW seem to have handled things much better, so my feelings are pointedly aimed at ABD and not really Disney as a whole.

A&K let us down in a trip we tried to book with them a few years back. I am not a Disney only person. I am platinum DCL. Go to WDW a couple times a year, but have also done other cruise lines (Princess, Norwegian, Holland America) and Nat Habitat and Limblad to Antartica. I do love Disney most though...

Last edited:
A&K let us down in a trip we tried to book with them a few years back. I am not a Disney only person. I am platinum DCL. Go to WDW a couple times a year, but have also done other cruise lines (Princess, Norwegian, Holland America) and Nat Habitat and Limblad to Antartica. I do love Disney most though...
I have also had a negative experience with A&K and would not recommend them.

A&K let us down in a trip we tried to book with them a few years back. I am not a Disney only person. I am platinum DCL. Go to WDW a couple times a year, but have also done other cruise lines (Princess, Norwegian, Holland America) and Nat Habitat and Limblad to Antartica.

Yes I've heard a couple of not-so-stellar reviews of A&K customer service as well. I've just always thought their trips seemed a bit more high end (nicer hotels) and smaller groups than ABD...but obviously ABD better for kids

I have also had a negative experience with A&K and would not recommend them.

similar negative experience to our current situation with ABD (administrative nightmare) or a problem with the guides/tour itself?

similar negative experience to our current situation with ABD (administrative nightmare) or a problem with the guides/tour itself?
The guides were fine. Not very personal or caring and it certainly didn't strike me that any of them would go above and beyond for their guests like ABD guides do and have done. There was a terrible incident with a close friend of mine and they handled it awfully from a CS perspective. Also there was an issue with our trip and the CS at their h/o was abysmal. Overall the trip was fine (I *really* wish I could say more than that for the trip of a lifetime to Antarctica, but all I can say is that it was just fine) -- but no 'magic' like we have come to love on ABD trips. When I have had issues with ABD I have always been happy with how they have resolved the situation; A&K truly didn't care (however I don't see that ABD seems to care how they are handling the current situation....). I believe I did a brief review on our trip with A&K on another thread on the board.

If I had to chose between A&K and ABD at this point I'd say it would be a toss up. I'd have to review how A&K is handling this situation and probably base my decision on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter