Wife Diagnosed with Cancer...oh my

Oh Mike, I'm so sorry for everything you and your family are going through. Both sad and scary news. I will absolutely keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: :flower3: :hug:

Thanks everyone for their kind words. I showed my wife and it made her happy. Again thank you so much.

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife's cancer. I will be praying for you.

I don't have any experience with cancer but I have a lot of experience with doctors and hospitals because of all my son's medical issues and I want to encourage you to learn everything you can about the diagnosis so you can make educated decisions about treatments. Like Danger Mouse said I don't know anything about thyroid cancer either but from what others said it sounds very promising!

Sending pixie dust and prayers to help you both get through these tough times. No way you're old at 40! :grouphug:

It is always awful to hear news like that. I am humbled that you felt safe enough to share it with all of us. :flower3: Many, ,many thoughts and prayers will be going out to you and your family. Please keep us posted on her recovery. We care. :grouphug:

It will be completely ok if you want to move this post but I wanted to share with everyone that my wife was diagnosed with thyroid cancer today. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I lost my Dad a few months ago and things seem to be spiraling out of control lately. Try to keep the faith. I just had to share with my Disney buddies. We are both only 40 yrs. old. I don't feel old. Thanks.

I'm sorry to read this and I'm praying for you. My dad was diagnosed with thyroid cancer last year, had surgery to remove it, and took a radiation pill to be safe. It's been one year since and he's doing ok so far.

Mike, what a horrible diagnosis for anyone to have to hear. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers!:grouphug:
40 is NOT old! I'm 40, and 40 is the new 30! Stay strong and positive for her and your kids. :grouphug:

Mike, I'm so sorry. You, your wife, and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Mike,

So very sorry to hear that. I just wanted to reiterate what others have said.

I had thyroid cancer removed almost 2 years ago today. They took the entire thyroid. I was also 40 years old.

Most forms of thyroid cancer are highly curable with just the removal of the thyroid. I was given the radioactive idodine treament about 3 months after surgery.

My otolaryngologist has told me that I am cured. I take a thyroid replacement pill daily.

I do remember my dh and I being scared $%#ess at first! I didn't know anyone at the time that had thyroid cancer but since have met many survivors!

PM me if you want any details!

Mike, I am praying for you and your wife. I will keep you in my thoughts.

It will be completely ok if you want to move this post but I wanted to share with everyone that my wife was diagnosed with thyroid cancer today. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I lost my Dad a few months ago and things seem to be spiraling out of control lately. Try to keep the faith. I just had to share with my Disney buddies. We are both only 40 yrs. old. I don't feel old. Thanks.

My prayers and thoughts to both of you. I hope she fully recovers.

Hi Mike,

I'm sorry your wife is going through this right now. A co-worker of mine had thyroid cancer and is doing fine now. I hope the same for your wife. My thoughts will be with you and her during this trying time.

:hug:

Again a BIG THANK YOU to everyone out there. Her surgery is set for Sept. 28th. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. It is amazing the kind of support people can give to one another. I am thankful for everyone here. This area of the Disboards has been my little escape for a couple of years now. It's funny the about the paths you take. My family took my wife and I to Disneyworld for the first time back in the early 90's and now here I am still talking about the two resorts. It is a wonderful place for my family to go to and enjoy things together. We have so many pictures of the kids at different stages in their lives and how much they have grown. I pray that we can put this behind us and look forward to another year of planning a visit to Walt's palace.

On a side note, I'm not sure about 40 being the new 30 though. My aches and pains have increased considerably.

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
God bless everyone.

Again a BIG THANK YOU to everyone out there. Her surgery is set for Sept. 28th. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. It is amazing the kind of support people can give to one another. I am thankful for everyone here. This area of the Disboards has been my little escape for a couple of years now. It's funny the about the paths you take. My family took my wife and I to Disneyworld for the first time back in the early 90's and now here I am still talking about the two resorts. It is a wonderful place for my family to go to and enjoy things together. We have so many pictures of the kids at different stages in their lives and how much they have grown. I pray that we can put this behind us and look forward to another year of planning a visit to Walt's palace.

On a side note, I'm not sure about 40 being the new 30 though. My aches and pains have increased considerably.

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers.
God bless everyone.

Mike your DW and family will be in our prayers. Please keep us informed as to how the surgery goes.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, I hope everything turns out ok :hug:

Mike, I'm so sorry to hear about this sad development. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. Cancer has touched people very close to me, so I hope that everything goes well for you and your wife.

Mike,

So very sorry to hear that. I just wanted to reiterate what others have said.

I had thyroid cancer removed almost 2 years ago today. They took the entire thyroid. I was also 40 years old.

Most forms of thyroid cancer are highly curable with just the removal of the thyroid. I was given the radioactive idodine treament about 3 months after surgery.

My otolaryngologist has told me that I am cured. I take a thyroid replacement pill daily.

I do remember my dh and I being scared $%#ess at first! I didn't know anyone at the time that had thyroid cancer but since have met many survivors!

PM me if you want any details!

I just came across this thread.

I'm glad that I was able to read L Smith's post (above) & several others here that seem very encouraging before posting.

Mike, I hope you are able to feel some encouragement from so many of these positive posts. Your wife & family will be in my family's prayers.

Take care.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter