Wifi at WDW parks?

Luckysix

Earning My Ears
Hello all. How are the free hotspots at the parks? I have Telus. I’m considering buying a travel pass if the wifi is poor. I’ll be on MDE a lot lol!!

The WIFI is slow, and may drop from time to time, but it's good enough to use for sure if you're looking at MDE.

We use the WIFI in park all the time on MDE. Never had a problem. My wife facetimes with family in Manitoba sometimes but the quality can suffer.

The only spots I had issues with the wifi were are the edges of the parks like in the queue to Splash. Overall it was sufficient to use MDE efficiently.

I found it drained my battery very quickly because it was always dropping, searching for, and reconnecting to the signal.

I find if you're moving, you'll lose the connection more often. Disney's hotspots don't seem to do well with the handover from hotspot to hotspot. Last week I was very frustrated since I like to make changes literally on the run. I finally learned to stop and do what I needed to do on the app, then move on. It worked fine that way for the remainder of the trip.

I have roam like home through Rogers and noted that there were a few charges after coming home from our recent trip. I suspect when I lost wi-fi it switched to data, so you might want to turn off data while you're there. Wifi is decent in most spots but there are definitely areas where it is spotty.

We where in Disney World first of November there's WI Fi everywhere in Disney it worked great no issues with no extra charges I used it for fastpass , meal reservation and other things.

I used it in August on our trip. It worked well. I did find it dropped if I was moving too much, so had to remember to stand still to place mobile orders or change fast passes, I was always hurrying to the next place :) I also had a hard time in line for a few rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter