Wild Turkeys and Dancing Banana Heads Cruise 11/25/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
:goodvibes Howdy everyone :wave:
Do any of you ladies know where I can find a Peasant style top? I can't find one. :guilty: I may have the wrong name for it, it's a short sleeve blouse with a round neckline that has elastic around it so you can pull it down around your shoulders. I wanted one for my pirates outfit pirate:
I would appreciate any help you can offer. :lovestruc I do not sew, so that is out of the question too. I do have an alternate plan if I can't get one.
I need mine before 12/17/05 :hourglass because we are going on a 7 day disney cruise then with our kids and grandkids. :banana: :banana:
Thanks for your help.
Well we have wind, thunder and rain already from hurricane Dennis and it's not due until tomarrow. We may get tropical storm winds here, maybe a tornado or two.
Hope everyone has a great weekend. Ours will at least be an interesting one.
mom x4,grandma x4

Hi, all! We just got home from the July 2 West Coast cruise on the Magic to Mexico and have rebooked for 11/25/06. Just wanted to jump in on the thread and say "hi" from California. :wave2:

BTW, our Pirates night pirate: was on Tuesday, which was Puerto Vallarta day. I don't know when it is on other cruises, since this was our first, but they had to do it on a port day because of the fireworks--apparently if they are too far out at sea it doesn't work so well. Too much movement, maybe.

welcome needalatte :cool1:
I hope your trip was awesome!!!

Mom x4,
Did you make it through the Hurricane ok? I was thinking of you this weekend.

:wave2: Howdy needalatte,
I glad to see our little group is growing again. Hope you had a magical cruise.
Give us some of the highlights if you get the time. It helps keep the excitement going for us. :Pinkbounc We have so long to wait!! :confused3 TOOOO LONGGGG!!!

But I have to admit I get to go in December 2005, so I will get my Disney fix before 11/2006. :earboy2:
But I would still love to hear about your trip. Especially what excursions you would recommend. We still have not made up our minds on them.
mom x4,grandma x4 :wave:

Hi Feenie,
We only had a little extra rain from hurricane Dennis. Much better than last year. Hope our luck can hold all season, we have a long ways to go.
We get thunderstorms every summer that dump buckets on us, that is what is happening here right now. Temps stay around 90 in the day and 77 at night.But when the humidity gets bad it feels like 100 outside.
That's when I try to stay inside in the afternoons if at all possible.
How is your summer weather been? Nice enough to go out and enjoy yourself I hope.
mom x4,grandma x4 :hourglass

Howdy everyone,
I just found out from DCL that both Wave Bands and Rock n Bar D clubs were made smoke free recently. Now both ships have 2 smoking and 2 non smoking clubs.
For us this is fantasic new because DH is allergic to cigarette smoke. Now we can feel free to enjoy the clubs more without worring about gettin ill.
Just thought i would pass along the news. If you've cruised recently you probably already know about this, but it was new to me.
mom x4,grandma x4

Hi MomX4, we will be down to 'enjoy' the humidity in about 2 weeks. We are heading to Florida to celebrate my husband's passing of the RN boards - he is offically a nurse! We are taking the kids to Discovery Cove as a surprise - it was a tough 3 years for them, too. Planning this trip has kept me going - 11/25/06 is so far away!!!

Hi snoopy mom,
Congradulations to your DH for passing his test. I remember how hard it was for us when my DH went to college. We had 4 kids at the time. I'm very happy you get to come to Florida to celebrate.
Our temps have been around 90 to 92 everyday, but with the heat index it has been from 100 to 105. Our thunderstorms usually cool it off some in the afternoons, however we havnt had rain for 4 days now and when it comes it has been late inthe evenin g, so it doesnt really help the heat any.
Be sure and bring the sun screen and drink lots and lots of water!!!
Discovery cove is fantastic!!! Your kids are very lucky to be going. We will be at sea world sometime in the next 2 weeks. Our oldest daughter and her family are visiting from Oregon , so we are taking them all over. Today we did Typhoon Lagoon to cool off, we did universal on sunday. Thursday will be gatorland, we are going to do all of WDW, Busch gardens, Cypress gardens, Islands of adventure too. My feet will be very tired by the end of August when they return home. Let us know how you like Discovery cove. I've never heard of anyone being disappointed there yet. Have a great time, :rotfl2:
mom x4,grandma x4

Hi Mom X4!
that sounds like so much fun!!
I can't wait until November when we get to come and play for a week!!
:cool1:

Hi everyone,
We just made a decision tonight to sail on the 11/25/06 cruise. I'm so excited and looking forward to getting to know everyone prior to the cruise. :cool1:

I hope there will be plenty of kids the week after Thanksgiving. My kids will be DS9 & DD14 during the cruise. Anyone else have kids close in age?

Welcome aboard MelanieC,
It's nice to see our little family of cruisers growing again.Sorry we wont have any kids with us this time, we have grandkids the age of your kids, but they are going 12/17/05 with us, not on this cruise. i'm sure there'll be lots of kids, especially as we get closer to the cruise.
Are you new to crusing? There's lots of great information on this board if you have any questions.
Happy to have you with us,
mom x4,grandma x4

..........and hello fellow cruisers. Our DD will be 11 and DS will also be 9. It's along way out, but still exciting to look forward to. We haven't told the kids yet. -Dizma pirate:

Hello everyone. We rebooked onboard after our 4 night Wonder in Feb '05 for a 7-nighter on November 25th 2006. We are me (33) DH (36) and DS (4). We are really looking forward to the cruise. We had a GREAT time on the Wonder and think the Magic will be even better. This time, because we will be just cruising (last time was combined with the parks) I am hoping to bring some more 'nice' clothes and get some great pics taken of the family. There are so many photo ops and we have so few pics at home of all of us (all 3 lol). Anyway, I look forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully we can plan some fun stuff to do onboard.

TTFN
Sarah :paw:

Welcome Sarah!!
Our first cruise was a 4 night too! We loved the 7 night! Much more time to relax and still participate in things! :hourglass

Welcome Sarah and family!
Wow, that is two new families in 2 days on this cruise. that is great. Feenie is right, the longer the cruise the more there is too choose from. We did a 4 day our first trip, then a 3 day, then 2 ,7 day, then 1 more 3 day and one more 4 day. Can't wait till 12/17/05 for another 7 day. So much more to do, it goes by too fast! So when we finish this cruise with you we are staying for another 7 day. 14 days in a row, HEAVEN!!! But It will still go by too quick.
Looking forward to hearing from you as the cruise nears and meeting on board. I know we'll all have a MAGICAL time.
mom x4, grandma x4

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the welcome.

Its my 2nd cruise. I took an NCL cruise on the Dreamward (now called the Dream) back around 1995. I went by myself as a travel agent on the second half of a 14 day repositioning cruise. DH and the kids have never cruised before.

We actually were going to go on the Disney Magic for an Eastern Cruise back in 2000 (I think that was the year). We had a Secret Porthole room booked. It was for the week after Thanksgiving that year too. In Febuary of that year, DS started saying how he would rather go to Disneyworld. He was pretty young then (3 years old I think), so we decided to go there instead. When we arrived in Floriday on Thanksgiving day we found out the cruise for that Saturday had been canceled because of people getting sick. If it hadn't been for him asking to change we would have been at the Radisson at the Port with no reservations for anything else. He saved our vacation.

Dizma- Our kids are pretty close in age (DD14 & DS9-at time of cruise).

I am in the process of shopping around and have a cabin booked at the moment with Dreams Unlimited. Once I finish calling Costco and MicDan this weekend we'll put down our deposit. I can't wait till I have my cabin # and deposit in. It will feel real then.

Hi Sarah,
Glad your joining. It will be fun having a nice size group of DIS'ers on board.

Hi all,
I just had to share in my excitement. I've made my deposit and got my cabin # assigned! It feels great to be "official" now!

One depressing note-when I signed into DU reservation area it said-
Your Vacation begins in 473 Days. At least there is a countdown. Just think by Thanksgiving it will be a year till we are in Florida starting our vacation!

MelanieC said:
Hi all,
One depressing note-when I signed into DU reservation area it said-
Your Vacation begins in 473 Days. At least there is a countdown. Just think by Thanksgiving it will be a year till we are in Florida starting our vacation!

We booked our staterooms in November of 2004. We had 700+ days to go at that point. (yuck!)
What floor is your stateroom on?? :hourglass

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter