• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wilderness Explorer Badges

littlebittyhouse

Mouseketeer
This will be our first time doing the Wilderness Explorer Badges - I think my 5 year old will really love it! Can anyone tell me more about it?

Is there a map you get and then stations around the park?

Anyone know how many badges there are now, including the new Pandora ones?

OMG, how did I not know about this?! My daughter will love this!!

I would love to hear how long this has taken folks to complete. Debating if we should start on our upcoming weekend trip (just me and DD) or wait til our longer trip with DH. Thanks!

My kids loved it!! There is a book with a map and the CMs are very helpful to point out where the different stations are. We started on a weekend trip and did about 6 in one day, then actually on a longer trip took the books back and finished them up. This was before Pandora but I'm guessing there were about 24 or so badges...I'm sure someone has the correct count. It got us to parts of AK that we never would have went to otherwise so that was another bonus. Definitely give it a try!

My kids loved it but it took a lot of time. My 13 yo is into all things nature and science. While he had a great time, it kind of bored me lol. He's the kid in a zoo or museum that has to read every sign and piece of information about every single exhibit. He asked a lot of questions and the cms were knowledgable and seemed to enjoy answering his questions. While it's great he's so curious and loves learning it could be exhausting. If they want to do it again we will but I may limit the number of badges.

What time is the earliest you can get the book?
The Stations are open 10:00 AM-7:00 PM.

Courtesy of OTPN
AKAug.20%2C2017.png

OMG My daughter needs that dress! Can you share where got it?
Not the PP you quoted but there are several makers of Wilderness Explorer outfits on FB.
We went with a set that DGD could grow with. It actually uses a regular polo and shorts or skirt (depends on which we have at the moment) and a Brownie sash. I just have to move the "badges" as she outgrew the sash. I added the Grape Soda pin myself
Minnie was doing the Wilderness Explorer Pledge with her
And it led to some great M&G with Russel. He wanted them to go on a date
02B9F06A-2B5D-4929-8845-C3F2107B6E55.jpg

Thanks so much for mentioning this! We're thinking of encouraging our 5yo and 7 yo DGDs to do this when we take them in October. They love animals. I see that it isn't open until 10:00, that's the only disappointment. There was mention of there being 9 locations where you can start from. Besides the one approaching the Tree of Life, does anyone have a list of the other 8?

Thanks so much for mentioning this! We're thinking of encouraging our 5yo and 7 yo DGDs to do this when we take them in October. They love animals. I see that it isn't open until 10:00, that's the only disappointment. There was mention of there being 9 locations where you can start from. Besides the one approaching the Tree of Life, does anyone have a list of the other 8?
Actually have no idea what that would be talking about. All badge locations have books and you can start from any of them.

Not the PP you quoted but there are several makers of Wilderness Explorer outfits on FB.
We went with a set that DGD could grow with. It actually uses a regular polo and shorts or skirt (depends on which we have at the moment) and a Brownie sash. I just have to move the "badges" as she outgrew the sash. I added the Grape Soda pin myself
Minnie was doing the Wilderness Explorer Pledge with her
And it led to some great M&G with Russel. He wanted them to go on a date
02B9F06A-2B5D-4929-8845-C3F2107B6E55.jpg
Thank you! I will look out for them!

We'll only be there for one day - are there a couple of badges that are the best that they can do or does it not really matter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter