Will Disney bring back Spirit of Aloha?

snapppyd

God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy!
Does anyone think there is a chance of Disney bringing back the Spirt of Aloha dinner show now that the new Polynesian time
share will be opening in December?

Does anyone think there is a chance of Disney bringing back the Spirt of Aloha dinner show now that the new Polynesian time
share will be opening in December?
Perhaps, but not sure where they would hold it - since the new tower was built partly on the sight of the former show.

I don't think so but if they did, I hope the food quality is better. I did it once and the food was VERY bad.

Sadly….I’m guessing no.

We loved it and I’d love to see it back.

Did this on our Honeymoon, back then it was just well cooked meats and veggies, I remember wishing there was steak sauce but quality back then was great.

The show was lovely, felt it was an EPCOT like nod to the culture. Wish more were added to the other theme resorts instead of getting rid of the good things, like having this and a similar show in AK would be great dining experiences, could be so many and would take some of the pressure off of the theme parks for volume of visitors.

That show is a happy memory for me. We did it in 2002. I took my late mom with us to WDW that summer and our Florida relatives met us at the Poly for that show, one night.

I always remember the Luau as one of the parks originals, so it is kinda sad from a nostalgia standpoint it's gone. Spirit of Aloha at Poly, Top of the World dinner show at Contemporary, and a few years after opening the Hoop De Doo Revue at Ft Wilderness - the 3 original places to stay. I know things change and what people want to see and do change, but there are a lot of memories for a lot of people at these shows over the years....!

No way it's coming back. Its outdoor setting was always weather-dependent, and it was the least popular of the dinner shows, getting mixed reviews as this thread has already shown.

No way it's coming back. Its outdoor setting was always weather-dependent, and it was the least popular of the dinner shows, getting mixed reviews as this thread has already shown.
Very good point. I never did get to do it. Every single time we booked it, it was cancelled due to either rain or cold temperatures.

I always remember the Luau as one of the parks originals, so it is kinda sad from a nostalgia standpoint it's gone. Spirit of Aloha at Poly, Top of the World dinner show at Contemporary, and a few years after opening the Hoop De Doo Revue at Ft Wilderness - the 3 original places to stay. I know things change and what people want to see and do change, but there are a lot of memories for a lot of people at these shows over the years....!
Oh the memories! Top of the World had my first strawberry soup. It was such a lovely experience. Buddy and I enjoyed it so much Years after we took the kids to Brunch at the Top. They ate Rice Krispies in the little box. After we had been buying breakfast all over FL for over a week! LOL!

The luao is one of my favorites, and we have been many times, enjoying al of the reincarnations.

The Hoop De Doo was also a favorite. We took our DGD when she was 10. DD and DSIl absolutely refuse to go, but Kady was game. She laughed for the entire show, but not at the show. She watched her Pa laughing at all of the silly jokes and for her, that was the show. We went for a hay ride around the campground after to see the Holiday decorations throughput.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter