• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will I fit on Hagrid's Ride with Wide hips?

Labribr

Earning My Ears
Hello I am planning a trip to Universal next week. The last time I went I was 270 and I did fit on Gringotts ( only second row) and Forbidden Journey. I did not fit on Rip it Rocket or The Hulk but was able to ride Mummy and most rides in the park but every ride was snug. I now way 230 but most of my wait is in hips and thighs.

I am:
XL top / 16-18 Pants
5'4 235lbs
36" waist
45" Hips ( but widest point in buttocks is 54")
and thighs are 30" each

would I be able to ride Hagrid's, or Should I probably avoid it?

Hello I am planning a trip to Universal next week. The last time I went I was 270 and I did fit on Gringotts ( only second row) and Forbidden Journey. I did not fit on Rip it Rocket or The Hulk but was able to ride Mummy and most rides in the park but every ride was snug. I now way 230 but most of my wait is in hips and thighs.

I am:
XL top / 16-18 Pants
5'4 235lbs
36" waist
45" Hips ( but widest point in buttocks is 54")
and thighs are 30" each

would I be able to ride Hagrid's, or Should I probably avoid it?

It`s very hard to tell with people`s dimensions. It`s more how you carry it. There are test seats outside, and please try them, no one pays any attention to you trying them.

It sounds like if you made The Mummy even though it was snug when you were heavier, you could be fine. The motorbike is kinder than the sidecar to larger folks.

Good luck, I hope you get to ride it as it is amazing. Please come back and let us know how you get on next week after your trip.

May I suggest watching a Youtuber named Pammie Plus Parks. I have watched her videos and she does a wonderful job stating her size and showing you her in the test seats. So at least you can go in with some information. Then when you get there you can test yourself. For example, I know she did Hagrid's.

**I have no connection to Pammie or any YouTuber for that matter**

Reactions: AJA
I was going to suggest Pammie too.

There are also plus size guys on some YT channels if you need men’s dimensions.
YouTube really is a great help for plus size ride info.

The Dis of course has excellent Park info but I don’t think they have a Plus Size YouTube guide?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter