will I make it

friendoffigment

DIS Veteran
If I do FOP standby at RD and have navi FP for 9am will i make it to tusker for a 9:40 breakfast Or will a 9:55am adr be better

the latter the better also I would get to AK at least an hour early as they have been letting people into AK earlier than the 9 am opening and you will want to be as close to the front as you can.

If I do FOP standby at RD and have navi FP for 9am will i make it to tusker for a 9:40 breakfast Or will a 9:55am adr be better
You might make it for 940am, but I'd be more comfortable with the 955am ADR to be honest. And yes i agree with the pp about arriving an hour early.

Just remember there's a pre-show for FOP - I think it will take longer than you might think.

Is this a 9am opening day? KtP has the run time for FOP including the preshow around 12-15 min and Navi around 6 to help you figure out how long those ride actually take you (minus line time).

9:55 would definitely be better. And you need to be toward the front of the rope drop crowd. If you get there "at rope drop" which some take to mean 9 AM, you will be WAY behind and would be lucky to even make it to your NRJ FP.

As long as you get to the park by 7:30am and are near the front of the crowd then you should make it.

The earlier you can get to AK, the better. We got to the park at 8:45 and FoP was already an hour and a half wait. We pretty much walked on NRJ though. I'd switch your FP to FoP if there's any way possible.

When we did FOP in November - with a fast passes, in the afternoon - it took almost an hour from tapping our magic band to being out of the store at the end of the ride. We had fast passes on two different days and timing was similar both days. There is a lot of walking. There were two spots where we waited several minutes. Near rope drop, I would think some of this waiting probably wouldn't be as long. I don't know if someone can report a super fast time getting through this ride, but I think minimum would have to be 1/2 hour. Again, I'm saying from walking into the line to stepping out of the store at the very end.

I think you need 10-15 minutes to get through Navi, even with a fast pass, plus you need to walk to Tusker. To make a 9:55 reservation, you should leave Pandora by 9:45 at the latest. (I don't believe in checking in 15 minutes early, but that is another debate.)

For everything at Disney, I'm very conservative on times. I'm on vacation. I don't want to stress about making it to something or run to make it somewhere. That takes the enjoyment out of the thing I'm doing because I'm too worried about missing the next thing.

If this were my plan, and I really wanted to do both Pandora rides first thing, I'd try for Tusker at 10:30 or later. I'd rather 'kill time' wandering around and looking at things for 10 or 20 minutes than have to run to make there. Bonus, if you do Tusker later, you can catch some of the lunch food, which is fantastic. :)

I don't think they are doing the pre-show at RD. Since we have only done FOP at RD and FP+, I still haven't seen the pre-show or even been through that part of the queue. In late July, for a 8am EMH, we got to the park more than an hour before EMH. First people at our bag check. Got held up by the bag check and dummies in the AP holder line, so lost some ground. We got off of FOP at 8:20am. Did Navi after, no FP+. Navi had a posted wait of 20 minutes, but it was really ~15 minutes. They did open up before 8am, maybe 7:45am, but they kept staging and stopping us toward Pandora.

I don't think they are doing the pre-show at RD. Since we have only done FOP at RD and FP+, I still haven't seen the pre-show or even been through that part of the queue. In late July, for a 8am EMH, we got to the park more than an hour before EMH. First people at our bag check. Got held up by the bag check and dummies in the AP holder line, so lost some ground. We got off of FOP at 8:20am. Did Navi after, no FP+. Navi had a posted wait of 20 minutes, but it was really ~15 minutes. They did open up before 8am, maybe 7:45am, but they kept staging and stopping us toward Pandora.

Not having the preshow would definitely make a difference. I've only ever been through the FP queue, in the afternoon, so I am not surprised that it is different in the early morning. I'd still aim for a reservation closer to 10:30, but I really like the lunch changeover and having extra time. But if it is that much different, maybe OP can make a reservation closer to 10.

When we have rope dropped, they were definitely doing both preshow rooms. We skipped most of the que though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter