Will never go back to Six Flags

mazdabug

DIS Veteran
My DW surprised me with a trip to Six Flags over Texas this past weekend.
When we got there we stayed just a block from the park.
Well to start with 15 dollars to park:eek: . That was just the first of many shocks we had.
We stroll inside to the park, but first we used the restroom in front of the gate. :scared1: . Who need horror night there just walk in to restroom. Was so nasty i was like ( hover moment ).
Then we entered the park. Looked at the map and picked out which way we wanted to go. First ride we go to is log ride ( closed for horror night make over ):headache: . Next we proceed to the Texas Giant ( broke down ). So we jumped on the train to ride around the park, 20 minute wait. Once we get on the train and start rolling around the park we had to slide to the center of the car to dodge all the damn limbs that are sticking out and smacking us in the head and face. So we arrive at the stop near Gotham park. Get off walk to Batman the ride. Along the was you are hounded by damn employees to play games:sad2: . so i told my DW, are we at the state fair:confused: .
Well Batman was walk on to the front row. Was a blast. Same on Mr. Freeze, walk on to the front Row.
So then we left Gotham. Walking around my DW said, you know i think we are at a state fair for there are food booth everywhere.
The over all feel of the place is sad really. Expensive to get in. The place looks and smell like a dump. WE will never go back to Six Flags.
Do not get me wrong it was very sweet of my DW to take me , but we both agree we will never go back to that dump again.:scared: :scared:

Wow, that really sucks.

But Six Flags parks really are great. For teenagers I mean. If there was a Six Flags here in Orlando, me and my buddies would say 'Forget Universal and Disney, we're going to Six Flags!' The rides are totally better. They give a much more intense experience. Disney's guests are nicer in general, and the theming and cleanliness at Disney is better. Still, don't hate on Six Flags. They're usually very nice and thrilling parks.

Also, don't tell my buddies I told you this--I'm pretty sure most kids don't post these kinds of things. I'm just bored and have a swim meet to leave for in about twenty minutes.

Since this thread isn't about WDW theme park attractions and strategies, I've moved it to our Theme Parks Community board. :)

I agree with you...went to Six Flags over GA over the summer with no kids...just a grown up day with my cousin! We DID get to ride the few grown up rides that were working and that was fun indeed! However, we made it to the front of the Batman ride and people got stuck on it!!! :scared1: Scary, but true. People got stuck on another ride that I can't remember the name of, but it was a fairly new ride that we waited in line for 45 minutes for! :eek: Overall, a not great experience filled with a lot of rude, line cutting, fowl mouthed people. I wouldn't recomment it either. AND I grew up at Six Flags over TX!!! Oh well, all the more reason to keep going to WDW!!! :banana:

My DW surprised me with a trip to Six Flags over Texas this past weekend.
When we got there we stayed just a block from the park.
Well to start with 15 dollars to park:eek: . That was just the first of many shocks we had.
We stroll inside to the park, but first we used the restroom in front of the gate. :scared1: . Who need horror night there just walk in to restroom. Was so nasty i was like ( hover moment ).
Then we entered the park. Looked at the map and picked out which way we wanted to go. First ride we go to is log ride ( closed for horror night make over ):headache: . Next we proceed to the Texas Giant ( broke down ). So we jumped on the train to ride around the park, 20 minute wait. Once we get on the train and start rolling around the park we had to slide to the center of the car to dodge all the damn limbs that are sticking out and smacking us in the head and face. So we arrive at the stop near Gotham park. Get off walk to Batman the ride. Along the was you are hounded by damn employees to play games:sad2: . so i told my DW, are we at the state fair:confused: .
Well Batman was walk on to the front row. Was a blast. Same on Mr. Freeze, walk on to the front Row.
So then we left Gotham. Walking around my DW said, you know i think we are at a state fair for there are food booth everywhere.
The over all feel of the place is sad really. Expensive to get in. The place looks and smell like a dump. WE will never go back to Six Flags.
Do not get me wrong it was very sweet of my DW to take me , but we both agree we will never go back to that dump again.:scared: :scared:

I guess Disney sets a high bar. It is easy to be disillusioned with other parks specially if the experience was like yours.

I used to love Six Flags Great Adventure (NJ) and now every other year or so I convince myself I want to go back. I usually pick a weekday and am astounded at the crowds, level of service and prices. Disney isn't cheap by any means, but after a day at Six Flags it seems kind of reasonable. The food prices are ridiculous! I always have fun (usually because of the company I'm with) but I always leave saying I won't come back. Of course so far I haven't listened to myself:rotfl:

Two years ago when I was there storms rolled in around 10 am and they lost power. We eventually left the park around 1 (hadn't gone on a single ride yet) and returned around 4... power finally came back on and we got to go on about 2 coasters in the rain. They would do absolutely nothing to accomodate the guests... just kept saying no refunds. No food and no shows either because their systems were down.

It also bothers me that Six Flags has the Flash Pass (I think that's what it's called) which is basically like a Disney Fast Pass, but you pay a lot of money for it. Some lines I was in wouldn't move for 20 minutes at a time because people just kept coming into the Flash Pass line. Now maybe something was off with the system that day, but that just doesn't seem fair. It costs a lot of money to get into the park... paying customers shouldn't have their wait time tripled because others paid more for the privilege. At least at Disney FastPass is available to everyone. Just my humble opinion.

Six Flags can be fun... they have some great coasters. It really makes me appreciate the level of service at Disney though. Sorry for the rant...

So far I've been to six of the six flags parks. They're just gross. All of the bathrooms (at pretty much all of the parks I've been to anyway) have been disgusting. People are so rude - employees and guests alike.

I was just at SFOT last week...I still haven't gotten up the nerve to ride the Texas Giant, I've heard it's just horribly painful. Also when we went, Titan and Flashback were closed...and we avoided both wooden coasters. There really wasn't much for us to ride.

The more I go to Disney, the less I like six flags. It's just...cheap (and not in an inexpensive kind of way) and dirty.

The rides are totally better.

Woah woah woah. I've been there a few times and the rides are certainly not better. They aren't unique at all. I can go to a Disney theme park and experience something similar, but with themeing, awesome effects. Not to mention, but the staff and the guests are a lot nicer. The foods better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter