Will TarzansKat meet Captain Jack? ~A Pirate's Life for 3 Pre-Trippie~ We're back!

HEY! Laughing at my expense is expressly forbidden! ;)

Seriously, no words of LL wisdom?:goodvibes
:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I don't know if I have words of wisdom. Sometimes in situations like these, I feel like I might be a selfish person. I feel as though if you (the TK Clan) are using their hard earned money to go to the Happiest Place on Earth for YOUR 30th Birthday that other family members (ahemcoughmomandnanacoughcoughahem) should either book a moderate with you or wave from their balcony at a deluxe. Does that make me selfish? If you were celebrating Mom or Nana's birthday I would be telling you to suck it up and do what they want. They are getting their girly trip with you this December.....

Does any of this make sense?

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

I don't know if I have words of wisdom. Sometimes in situations like these, I feel like I might be a selfish person. I feel as though if you (the TK Clan) are using their hard earned money to go to the Happiest Place on Earth for YOUR 30th Birthday that other family members (ahemcoughmomandnanacoughcoughahem) should either book a moderate with you or wave from their balcony at a deluxe. Does that make me selfish? If you were celebrating Mom or Nana's birthday I would be telling you to suck it up and do what they want. They are getting their girly trip with you this December.....

Does any of this make sense?

:::sigh:::

Yes. And much like you, I just feel a nugget in the forecast. Not this year, but in the future. And I would like to squeeze in a trip of my choosing before that happens, you know? And if I was pregnant, I could really think of no finer way to spend it than on a nice white sandy beach at CBR. Or a hammock. If I can hoist my theoretically pregnant self up into one! I'm sure DH would give me a boost! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Sorry, I get lost in my reveries. Anyhoo, this is all conjecture, and pregnancy may or may not happen, but it's certainly in the back of my mind.

And actually, I think there may be a misconception here, and I want to dispell it because I haven't explained myself clearly.

Although mom, nana, and I have all discussed deluxe, and I mean, who doesn't want to stay deluxe, we all picked a resort. Which I was withholding because I wanted something to save for the trip report. Which obviously there still will be since I can't decide! :lmao: But we had all decided on Pop. So it's not that they're expecting me to stay deluxe, it's that they're expecting me to stay value, and in all my excitedness over pirates and new pools and a seeming vacation within a vacation resort, I am dying to try CBR.

:::sigh:::

Yes. And much like you, I just feel a nugget in the forecast. Not this year, but in the future. And I would like to squeeze in a trip of my choosing before that happens, you know? And if I was pregnant, I could really think of no finer way to spend it than on a nice white sandy beach at CBR. Or a hammock. If I can hoist my theoretically pregnant self up into one! I'm sure DH would give me a boost! :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

Sorry, I get lost in my reveries. Anyhoo, this is all conjecture, and pregnancy may or may not happen, but it's certainly in the back of my mind.

And actually, I think there may be a misconception here, and I want to dispell it because I haven't explained myself clearly.

Although mom, nana, and I have all discussed deluxe, and I mean, who doesn't want to stay deluxe, we all picked a resort. Which I was withholding because I wanted something to save for the trip report. Which obviously there still will be since I can't decide! :lmao: But we had all decided on Pop. So it's not that they're expecting me to stay deluxe, it's that they're expecting me to stay value, and in all my excitedness over pirates and new pools and a seeming vacation within a vacation resort, I am dying to try CBR.
I have the best image in my head of you trying to hoist your pregnant self into a hammock now. :lmao: ;)

I understand the whole deluxe or Pop thing, I just don't get it. :lmao: I guess my overall point is that if you really want to stay in a moderate, then you should. You are giving Mom & Nana plenty of time to either join you or adjust to staying at different resorts. It your unspeakable birthday afterall. ;) I think there would be plenty of time to spend together, you will still tour the parks together and there is no law saying they can't come to your resort or vice versa. Don't quabble over the technical Disney rules people. :rotfl:

TK should do what SHE wants. Case. Closed. :cool2:

I have the best image in my head of you trying to hoist your pregnant self into a hammock now. :lmao: ;)

I'm a big proponent of the healing power of laughter.

I understand the whole deluxe or Pop thing, I just don't get it. :lmao: I guess my overall point is that if you really want to stay in a moderate, then you should. You are giving Mom & Nana plenty of time to either join you or adjust to staying at different resorts. It your unspeakable birthday afterall. ;) I think there would be plenty of time to spend together, you will still tour the parks together and there is no law saying they can't come to your resort or vice versa. Don't quabble over the technical Disney rules people. :rotfl:

I can tell you why I love Pop, you know?

But I can tell you that after staying deluxe, it will be hard to go back to that, and mods do have some similar amenities. Fridge in the room, ceiling fan, etc, etc.

TK should do what SHE wants. Case. Closed. :cool2:

Well there you have it! TK wins! :lmao:

Yay! TK WINS! :lmao:

By the way, I am counting on your Christmas trip to get me through TWO YEARS until my next one. No pressure. :upsidedow

Have you met my family? :lmao:

I jest at your expense, I apologize. :goodvibes

So there you have it. We definitely need three rooms, we have one I'll go wherever you go, one I will not stay there, and me thinking oy vey.:thumbsup2

No need to apologize! :goodvibes

I don't envy you your dilemma!

I don't know. Family issues confuzzle me. :lmao:

I think family issues are the most perplexing!

Thus LL's aversion to family trips is born. :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

At least you learned early -- it's took me several trips to figure it out!

Totally agree with LL....TK's birthday trip, TK's choice of resort END OF STORY:thumbsup2 .

Eh, LL what have I missed......TWO YEARS until your next trip:eek: ?

2, Count 'Em, TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!​

Somebody wanted to help us celebrate...

jack12-2-1.jpg

I am soooooooo having trouble sleeping now. I wake up and think about the trip, wake up and think about how much money to withdraw, wake up and think about which resort to book next year.

OY! If I don't get some sleep I'm going to be flat out when I have to wake up at 330am on Sunday. Ah well. Today is my longest day of work, let's hope it goes by quick. Because right now, my brain is not filled with banking.

It's filled with visions of Jack Sparrow, MNSSHP, Dole Whips, Junky Apples, the boy playing with characters, swimming, relaxing, and just have good old fashioned family fun!!! :goodvibes

I am soooooooo having trouble sleeping now. I wake up and think about the trip, wake up and think about how much money to withdraw, wake up and think about which resort to book next year.

OY! If I don't get some sleep I'm going to be flat out when I have to wake up at 330am on Sunday. Ah well. Today is my longest day of work, let's hope it goes by quick. Because right now, my brain is not filled with banking.

It's filled with visions of Jack Sparrow, MNSSHP, Dole Whips, Junky Apples, the boy playing with characters, swimming, relaxing, and just have good old fashioned family fun!!! :goodvibes

And those are definitely lovely visions!!!

Love your new avatar!

Two days!?!? As in, you are leaving on Sunday???

It's almost here! :yay:

Totally agree with LL....TK's birthday trip, TK's choice of resort END OF STORY:thumbsup2 .

Eh, LL what have I missed......TWO YEARS until your next trip:eek: ?
Well......we booked a bounceback for 2009 but I wasn't feeling the trip, I just couldn't get excited for it. There are too many what if's for us, the biggest being that we want to start our family. So the plan is we will be going either in the Fall of 2010 or early December.

You are going to have such a great time, I really can't wait to hear all about your trip. For some reason, once you get to Disney the adrenaline will kick in and you will be just fine. ;)

You know I have a special can opener just for worms don't you???
But I guess the thing is (boy you opened a can of worms here) that even though the December trip is "for me" and I am NOT knocking the amount of effort and expense that is being laid out here, it is not going to be a TK style trip, it is a mom/nana style trip, and I knew that when I said yes. It means LONG meals, shopping, very few rides, very relaxed attitude. It's more like you're going for food, some nice wine, and some good shopping (and Christmas decorations at one of your favorite places), you know? Hard to explain, but since you've read my ptr thus far, I think you'll get that I may be laidback, but I'm not that laidback. I like to be able to do stuff. The December trip will not be a doing stuff trip, it will be a soaking it in trip.
That's the only way I could go with family....if they were paying for it because then I would treat it as "their" trip that I'm tagging along on....if that makes any sense. So I totally get what you are saying about this Dec trip. Nugget is going to throw a monkey wrench in their plans thou....I can't imagine your DS sitting for long hours of dinning and shopping....you'll just have to take him off to some rides [wink, wink].

So I feel like even though that's a gift for me, when it comes to the trip that I'm paying for, i.e. Sept/Oct '09, even though I feel like a horrible daughter/granddaughter, shouldn't I stay where I want?

I don't know. Family issues confuzzle me. :lmao:

I fully will admit that I'm selfish....because no way would I spend $4000 plus and not have the vacation I wanted. So I don't think your a horrible daughter for wanted to spend your hard earned money on the resort of your choice. I think maybe it's time for the family vacation to change in scope and set-up.

Thus LL's aversion to family trips is born. :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2:
What? No Disney trip with MIL and DH for you???? You could all share a room at All-Stars. (NOsuite!)

Now this just confuzzles me even more that the plan is for POP. I could be wrong and please correct me if I am wrong but doesn't that mean no one (TK clan=CBR and Mom/Nana=Deluxe) is staying where they want?

2 days!!! woohooo!!!!!!!

What? No Disney trip with MIL and DH for you???? You could all share a room at All-Stars. (NOsuite!)
Bite your tongue! Can you imagine? I shudder just thinking about that. Oy Vey! I have already told DH that in the off chance he can get me to agree to a family trip with the inlaws to Disney that we will indeed have our own rooms. Sanctuary!

Bite your tongue! Can you imagine? I shudder just thinking about that. Oy Vey! I have already told DH that in the off chance he can get me to agree to a family trip with the inlaws to Disney that we will indeed have our own rooms. Sanctuary!

As someone who has done the family trips twice. Take this advice. Stay in separate resorts. Our first trip we all stayed in the same hotel and had to deal with nonsense from my brothers FIL. This trip so much nicer staying in our own place. Sure I would have liked to spend more time with the girls, but this way they had to deal with her FIL 24/7. We had peace and quiet. The time in the parks was just enough.

As someone who has done the family trips twice. Take this advice. Stay in separate resorts. Our first trip we all stayed in the same hotel and had to deal with nonsense from my brothers FIL. This trip so much nicer staying in our own place. Sure I would have liked to spend more time with the girls, but this way they had to deal with her FIL 24/7. We had peace and quiet. The time in the parks was just enough.
I really can't wait to hear about the FIL drama, sounds very intense!

Please don't ever agree to go to Disney with your MIL. I can't see any way that it would be a positive experience and you would be miserable.....however it would make for a great TR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter