• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will the Magic be back in Dry Dock in Sept. 2005???

westjones

DIS Veteran
We always cruise during our twin DD's birthday which is in September. The Dry Dock schedule sometimes falls on that date. Do they put the ships in dry dock every other year? Does this mean that next year (2004) the Wonder will be in Dry Dock? Then the following year (2005), the Magic will be back in dry dock?

DJ

The Magic was last in drydock in December of 2000, so the next drydock will likely be in 2006. Even if it is in fall of 2005, it will only be for two weeks, so there's a good chance it will still be sailing during your daughters' birthday.

The Wonder was in drydock in September 2001, so it will likely go in again next year. I don't think it has been scheduled yet, though.

It's probably hard to predict this far out. The drydock schedule will depend on when a facility has an opening, and probably on how well various dates are selling in advance.

Looks like it's in October of next year. The DCL website lists Wonder cruises for only the 17th and 24th (4-day) and the 21st and 28th (3-day), so it would seem that the Wonder will be in drydock from Oct. 3-17, 2004.

Last time the Wonder went into drydock, they shifted the Magic to the 3- and 4- day schedule. I hope that doesn't happen in 2004, as I am booked on the Oct. 2 Magic.

This the the Magic's first "major dry dock" It only happens once every five years, or so the CM's have told me on previous cruises. The other dry docks are just to make sure everything is running OK, not for major changes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter