• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will there be 50th anniversary items in February?

goofyrabbit

Mouseketeer
I have seen all these ornaments and mugs sold out everywhere. Is Disney just putting so many out at a time or they just will have different merchandise to sell when one sells out. I am not going until February and I am concerned I won't be able to purchase items I have liked already. I know they still have a lot of clothes for the 50th but want some specific items I have seen already. Am I just out of luck?
Thanks

When we were there in August, cast members at the Emporium informed us that Disney is putting out merchandise as they receive it. Merchandise is said to be available for the full 18 months of the celebration. Unfortunately, we are still in a pandemic and their is a global shipping issue. As merchandise arrives it will be put out. Can't say how long say "tumblers" will last. I am sure Disney has purchased hundreds of thousands of each item. They have been limiting merchandise to two of each item, per guest, per day.

Will what you truly like be available, there is no way to know.

They’re definitely going to have 50th merch for the whole 18 months, but if you’re looking for specific items, there’s no guarantee they’ll be there when you visit. I was there last week and visited both the Emporium and World of Disney multiple times. What they had varied each day (and throughout the day). The items they put out goes quickly, but they are constantly restocking with whatever they get.

If there’s anything you really want, it might be worth having a personal shopper pick it up for you now. In Feb you’ll increase your chances of finding specific items if you’re able to visit the Emporium and World of Disney on multiple days.

Disney has a lot of different 50th collections. Some are intended to only last a short amount of time until they sell out, while others are intended to last the whole 18 months.

Once the Christmas merch rolls in it’ll subdue for a bit I think you’ll be fine is there something specific you want?

I wanted to try to like our China cabinet with the homestead collection of items but they keep selling out so they can keep it.

Since the 50th lasts 18 months, I would expect Disney to be restocking with various items. Whether a single specific item will continue to be available, none of us on here can say.

If it is not something advertised as a "limited edition", you can bet Disney will try to get more in and on the shelves throughout the 18 month celebration. What's available at any given time is entirely dependent on how long it takes to get the containers from China unloaded at the port, delivered to Orlando, and distributed to the stores.

I got the impression that there would be new merchandise rolling out over the 18 months. It is hard to say what Disney will keep as rolling merchandise and what may just retire and let the new items replace it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter