Will There Be Fireworks During Our Stay?

degrapevine

Has a serious Disney watch addiction!
Hi, all!
Well, it's less than 1 year since our first DL trip and I can't believe it, but we're planning to go again.
(Darn, if I'd known that, we would have gotten AP's, as our dates overlap!)
Our trip will be May 29 - June 3, with our DL/DCA park days being Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of that week.
My question (before we book everything) is will Remember Dreams Come True be showing on any of those nights?
I know the definite show schedule is unavailable, but I was wondering if anyone knows when the fireworks start showing on weeknights.
In FL, our kids get out for summer vacation right before Memorial Day, so the crowds tend to pick up and shows are added to the weekdays soon after.
I really want to see them again (the soundtrack is constantly on in the car!), so we might consider changing our trip dates to later if it's not.
Friday will be our Legoland day, but we could do DCA that day and pop over to DL for the fireworks, but we'd rather not.
(Longer hours at Legoland on Friday)
Thanks again in advance and I'll be thinking of more questions!
Rose :)

A standard reply would be 'A definet MAYBE'(sorry my wifesays i'm a smarty pants some times).No seriously check Disneyland's website Aweek or two before you head out. PS have a safe and FUN trip. :cool1:

Very funny ... :)
I know that I can't get the definite schedule now, but I was wondering if anyone knows what the historical time has been for showing the fireworks on weeknights.
I really want to see Remember again before the celebration's over!
Maybe someone traveled that week last year or remembers from last year?
Thanks!

During that time frame last year they were running every night. The celebration at just started and they were still saying that they would have them every night for the entire 18 months. Then fall came and things changed. They went to weekends only. My guess is, there is a good chance you'll have fireworks, but I would keep an open mind that there might not be. That is when the season starts to get busy, park hours are longer and they offer more entertainment.

When we went in November the fireworks were scheduled for every night we were there and they were cancelled every night we were there (after we waited for an hour to see them) due to high winds.

I was so upset I almost let it ruin my trip and then I realized that I was in DL! I was with my family, there were not as many people as I expected, and get over it and enjoy myself and stop sulking! :rotfl:

I've heard it's a great show, but I don't think there is any way you can know for sure before hand. Good luck, hope for the best, but don't count on it or you might be dissappointed.

degrapevine said:
Very funny ... :)
I know that I can't get the definite schedule now, but I was wondering if anyone knows what the historical time has been for showing the fireworks on weeknights.
I really want to see Remember again before the celebration's over!
Maybe someone traveled that week last year or remembers from last year?
Thanks!
I apologise. I did'nt mean to come of as a smart aleck. Actually we were there the same last year. The first night we watched the fireworks from the hotel pool area and I thought to myself,cool. The next night we got there kinda late and had to watch from in front of the penny arcade.My granddaughter enjoyed it emmencely, but I wish we could have been closer. The picture of Tinkerbell's flight is a tiny green spot. Once again have FUN. :cool1:

Honestly, I think it is unlikely that you'll see the fireworks during the week at that time. historically, fireworks haven't gone nightly until the second or third week of June. Last year was an abberation by starting nightly fireworks in May. After labor day, they went to the off season fireworks schedule and I expect the same off season schedule to continue for this spring.
Disneyland has to be very careful with scheduling fireworks because of those pesky Anaheim residents as well as the Southern California Air Quality Management District.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter