• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will they come out with Room Only codes

clnational

Earning My Ears
I am booked at POR in early August at rack rates for 5 people. I don't need passes, etc. I would just like a cheaper room. Any ideas.

Thank you everyone for their help

I think that historically they do have room only discounts for the general public in August. It is usually comparable to the AP discount. AAA also gives you a slight discount which is better than nothing. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Don't forget to check the Swan or Dolphin for deals...especially if one of you is a nurse or teacher.

Last year the room only codes for July and August were out the first week in April. We are getting close to Mid May and still no room only codes. Some friends traveling with us need these codes or they may not be able to go. I was lucky enough to benefit from the FT package.

I think the general consensus is that they will probably come out with 'room only' codes. BUT, I think this whole Fairytale deal is going to be soooo popular that any room only codes will have verrrrrrrry limited availibility.

Usually the room only codes for the general public have come out before AP rates. The AP rates for after July 4 just came out yesterday. It could be that Disney is trying to push the packages again, only giving discounts for packages and not public room rates. But this is pure speculation on my part. We'll just have to wait and see.

Reports have been that people are booking "closer" still, only a couple months out. It could be Disney has to wait closer and closer to the dates to see what people will do before deciding to release any discounts.

Perhaps your friend who couldn't afford to go without a code should be a value resort instead. If a code does come out for your dates, they could always upgrade.

FT stands for "FairyTale" Package, which is a special pkg including UPH passes. You stay at a selected Disney resort for 7 days , but pay for 4!!

they are rolling the dice on the FT package, which if it does as well as they hope, will fill the parks in addition to the resorts. This is huge for their food/sovenier revenue and will make up for much of the lost ticket/room revenue.

I've check dates in Sept, and the mods were already totally sold out, so it's going well for them so far.

...have ressies on hold till May 20 (ehen I have to send in a deposit) and what I really wanted was a code for room-only too. I don't really need UPH passes; we wanted to stay at RPH at U/IOA (to take advantage of the FOTL;) !)and we are definitely caught in a 8-day time frame.....:(

It isn't looking good. I called this morning to book another FT for our traveling mates. For the end of July, WL has NO STD rooms available, ASMo is booked solid and the CS and CBR they said had just a few left. I know it is only one week but from all indications this package is doing better than they expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter