• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will UK guests be getting magic bands?

I noticed they way overestimated wait times for many rides last month. ETwB said 40 mins but I looked at the line which looked short, decided to wait and we were in within 10 mins. Happened on quite a few rides this trip, Speedway said 30 mins yet it was walk on. Space Mountain we did FP due to silly line times, got to the front to find no line.

i don't know - we don't usually go into the standby line anymore because of DSIL....
but since Belle is a character interaction, that was our only option....
had our tickets linked, i would have used FP+ for belle for sure!...
not sure where else i would use it though...
maybe for a good position for the parade? i hate fighting to see the parade!!

Great news! Was it also at 30 days?

And there's still loads of FP+ availability isn't there, that was one of my worries with most US peeps seeming to be eligible at 60 days...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yes just a few early morning spaces gone I would've liked but not complaining.x

I am coming to Orlando in 18 days, I've customised my magic bands, will these be sent to me or will I be able to collect at POR when I arrive?

I am coming to Orlando in 18 days, I've customised my magic bands, will these be sent to me or will I be able to collect at POR when I arrive?

They'll be at your resort as they're not currently shipping internationally.

They'll be at your resort as they're not currently shipping internationally.

Brilliant thanks for this Meryll,

Even though my disney experience page says still to be dispatched, I would expect it to say dispatched to be at hotel right? :)

Sorry just really excited :)

Even though my disney experience page says still to be dispatched, I would expect it to say dispatched to be at hotel right? :)

yes they will be dispatched to the resort. Tbh I prefer that - one less thing not to be able to leave at home by accident! The only slight down side, if you can even see it as a negative, is that you won't be able to check in for Magical Express with your magic bands, which you can do if you have them when you travel. But handing over your details at the ME counter does the same thing and I can't see the MB's saving that much time anyway

yes they will be dispatched to the resort. Tbh I prefer that - one less thing not to be able to leave at home by accident! The only slight down side, if you can even see it as a negative, is that you won't be able to check in for Magical Express with your magic bands, which you can do if you have them when you travel. But handing over your details at the ME counter does the same thing and I can't see the MB's saving that much time anyway

Yes that's very valid point one less thing to remember :)

I got an email just a day or 2 ago saying ours had been dispatched although I don't think it specifies where to...

I got an email just a day or 2 ago saying ours had been dispatched although I don't think it specifies where to...

Oh no, you arrive after us and yours have been dispatched. We still waiting for ours to be - just have to wait I guess :)

Oh no, you arrive after us and yours have been dispatched. We still waiting for ours to be - just have to wait I guess :)

I was surprised actually, coz in the US I think they have until about a week out to still modify them before dispatch, my modification closure date was around the 30 day mark...

I was surprised actually, coz in the US I think they have until about a week out to still modify them before dispatch, my modification closure date was around the 30 day mark...

I don't think I had a closure date, I just saw I could customise my magic bands and did them. It just says act quick as they will be shipped soon but said this for over a week lol :)

if you got a UPS tracking number in the email, you just have to go into the UPS website, insert the tracking number and you'll see the shipping address.

I did that - it showed it being shipped to 1050 century drive, lake buena vista, fl - AKA pop century.

I'm pleased I'm not the only one who think this is utterly wrong!
It's a lot of money to not be able to use the service that should be available, I get its a trial BUT when CM are telling you to go ahead buy them and they will be fine to link and then after alias of people do it they realise oh no it's not actually ok then I think we have a right to be upset!
Could have got my tickets from else where and have been able to link then, but I buy through disney and nope!

Hi Tinkerpea

yeah its pretty wrong I spent about 3 hours and 6 calls trying to get that sorta only to find "nah the computer says no"

very poor indeed I would have been better off getting them from attraction tickets

Hi Tinkerpea

yeah its pretty wrong I spent about 3 hours and 6 calls trying to get that sorta only to find "nah the computer says no"

very poor indeed I would have been better off getting them from attraction tickets

Do you know if they will even link them when you get there? I've now seen posts saying they couldn't do it even when there?!

since it's only a test, there are very few people actually using FP+
and since you can only pick 3 a day, there really isn't a worry right now of anything being booked up..

the issues will arise once the entire system is moved to the FP+ system.

you'll see the CMs get very excited when somebody actually uses the FP+ system..

we saw a few really wasted ones..

someone used their FP+ to get into crush.....all that happened was they went to the right and we went to the left and all ended in the same room....waste of a FP....

but there are places that they're really worthwhile....Enchanted Tales with Belle as i mentioned above....
perhaps also for things like fantasmic....they had one complete section just for FP+ people when we were there...

Crowds are REALLY low everywhere.
I have both the FP+ and I can double dip with the KTTW and take normal FP, however it's not really needed except for very few attractions, the usual suspects like Toy Story Midway Mania and Belle.
Belle is probably the best FP+ that can be taken now, but I loved also the one for Fantasmic! Reserved seats are in the same section with the F! dining package: in front of the centre of the stage: amazing.
FP+ for the Electrical parade was good as well: the reserved area is right in front of the castle, so you can take pictures of the floats with the castle in the background:

Main Street Electrical Parade by Zavandor, on Flickr

After the parade you can stay there and it's a very good position for Whishes as well: everyone in that area sits down (at least, yesterday they did), so you are right in front of the castle without risk of children on the shoulders in front of you.

Star Tour, Tower of Terror, Rock and Roller Coaster, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion all are walk on these days. I love September crowd wise!

Attractions still with significant queues: Belle, Peter Pan, Toy Story, Little Mermaid (not long, however), Soarin. All those are a good use of the FP+.
I'll update with more info as I visit more parks, I'm here since Saturday.

On Flickr (link above) I'm doing a Live Trip report with pictures. I'm sorry captions are in italian, but if you comment in English and have any question I'll be glad to answer.

I have both the FP+ and I can double dip with the KTTW and take normal FP, however it's not really needed except for very few attractions, the usual suspect like Toy Story Midway Mania and Belle.
Belle is probably the best FP+ that can be taken now, but I loved also the one for Fantasmic! Reserved seats are in the same section with the F! dinind pachage: in front of the center of the stage: amazing.
FP+ for the Electrical parade was good as well: the reserved area ir right in front of the castle, so you can take pictures of the floats with the castle in the background:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/101063315@N03/9714945150/

After the parade you can stay there and it's a very good position for Whishes as well: everyone in that area sits down (at least, yesterday they did), so you are right in front of the castle without risk of children on the shoulders in front of you.

Start Tour, Tower of Terror, Rock and Roller Coaster, Winnie the Pooh, Phantom Manor all are walk on these days. I love September crowd wise!

Attractions still with significant queues: Belle, Peter Pan, Toy Story, Little Mermaid (not long, however), Soarin. All those are a good use of the FP+.

On Flickr (link above) I'm doing a Live Trip report with pictures. I'm sorry captions are in italian, but if you comment in English and have any question I'll be glad to answer.

I might cancel my Fantasmic dinner package and use FP+ if this is the case. I don't really fancy Hollywood and Vine.have booked for Belle after dinner in BOG so I might try for a FP for the electrical parade. Have a great trip.

Do you know if they will even link them when you get there? I've now seen posts saying they couldn't do it even when there?!

Hi Tinkerpea,

no not heard anything but one of the uk Disney travel people said the UK could not use fastpass + and they had no plans to do so

they told me it was cause its will call .. I have seriously considered just asking for my money back I really suggest do not buy from Disney at least attraction tickets you get real tickets sent to you

I will be very unhappy if when I get to WDW in November I cannot use my ticket but if I am chosen in test or something or its live by then they betta let my ticket work on the will call section of the website

:coffee:

until waiting

I have both the FP+ and I can double dip with the KTTW and take normal FP, however it's not really needed except for very few attractions, the usual suspects like Toy Story Midway Mania and Belle.
Belle is probably the best FP+ that can be taken now, but I loved also the one for Fantasmic! Reserved seats are in the same section with the F! dining package: in front of the centre of the stage: amazing.
FP+ for the Electrical parade was good as well: the reserved area is right in front of the castle, so you can take pictures of the floats with the castle in the background:

Star Tour, Tower of Terror, Rock and Roller Coaster, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion all are walk on these days. I love September crowd wise!

we were in that section for wishes too (i think the same area you're talking about right in front of the castle, in that center area), and yes everyone was sitting on the ground and stayed down for all of wishes....i've never seen everyone stay sitting down on the ground...
best view we have EVER had of wishes....at the end, DD and I turned to each other hugging and crying because it was so PERFECT!!!!!!!

I might cancel my Fantasmic dinner package and use FP+ if this is the case. I don't really fancy Hollywood and Vine.have booked for Belle after dinner in BOG so I might try for a FP for the electrical parade. Have a great trip.

yes, the FP+ was the center section of the area - even better than the dining package area, which the night we were there was to the right...
the FP+ section was the entire section smack in the middle...

Still trying to get my ahead around this, so sorry if I go over old ground. So, if I buy an ultimate ticket from a UK vendor, am I eligible for FP+? And if so, how? Do I need to pay for it? (I assume I do).

I have the MDE app and I have an account. I'm unable to link my reservation to CSR at the moment as it doesn't recognise the number I put it - but I'm assuming this is because we have only paid the deposit so far, not the final balance (I'm guessing we'll get a confirmation number then, as opposed to a reference number).

I have the MDE app and I have an account. I'm unable to link my reservation to CSR at the moment as it doesn't recognise the number I put it - but I'm assuming this is because we have only paid the deposit so far, not the final balance (I'm guessing we'll get a confirmation number then, as opposed to a reference number).

Sorry, can't help with the ticket info as we do ours as part of the room package. But may be able to help with part 2 of your question.

Do you have an alphanumerical reference for your hotel room?

If not, try going to https://secure.reservations.disney.go.com/ibcwdw/en_US/_framework/components/processEngine?name=UnauthGuest_TAGENTGUEST_PreArrival_Default_Page&process=false&pageRender=true

Type in the info as per the way you booked. It should take you to a very brief description of your ressie (this is on the US reservation system not the UK one so don't panic if stuff seems to be missing) But what you should see on there is a reference with numbers and letters like ABC12345

Try putting that reference in on MDE

Another thing about MDE: Do you happen to have an iPhone? Mine was fine but the app is not bringing my ressies up since the latest update. I have been meaning to uninstall and reinstall the app as this usually sorts it out but just not got round to it yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter