Will "Walt" be dropped from Walt Disney World?

I would think the expense of a rebranding would make this unlikely. It would cost a lot of money to change that everywhere it would be needed to changed, physically and legally. At least that's what I hope.

But it kinda makes sense. Very little Walt left in Disney anymore.

I figured corporate would remove and wash away Disney altogether and call it Mickey. Similar to Facebook changing to Meta.

My preference is Obi-Wan, but Mickey seems more likely.

It probably should be, to match the common vernacular… and to match what Walt originally called it, lol

I’m hoping this is just a rumor. But I’m starting to get worried because it seems like reporting on this is escalating. I’ve been willing to put up with a lot from this company… I think I would be done with them if they did this though.

I’m hoping this is just a rumor. But I’m starting to get worried because it seems like reporting on this is escalating. I’ve been willing to put up with a lot from this company… I think I would be done with them if they did this though.

Most of the reporting is nothing more than websites repeating each other so they can get in on the clicks.

I know exactly one person who calls it "Walt Disney World" and he's a CM. The frequent reference I hear is just plain "Disney." "We're going to Disney in December." People are so lazy they don't even bother to say Disney World.

I don't think I've ever said this aloud but it grates on me when I hear people saying "Disney" without "World" or "Land" after it. I have no idea why - but there's such a strong visceral reaction I have (internally) ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter