Will we like Boma?

ushkina

Mouseketeer
I 've read lots of raving posts about Boma on this forum and am wondering whether we will like it, if some of us are:
- vegetarians (no meat, no fish, no chicken, no eggs)
- do NOT like Chineese/Korean/Vietnameese food; no sweet/and sour kinda food
- LOVE all indian vegetarian food.
- Tai food - ok..

Could you tell me whether we might like the food at Boma or not?

Thanks!

I think all of you will find something you like. I find the spices very similar to moroccan food. They have so much there....there are definitely some vegetarian entrees. If you are really concerned as to ingredients...call ahead of time and let them know what your restrictions are and I'm sure they will help you out.

Well, your likes and dislikes are all in the Asian category. Boma is African.

Lots of grains. Couscous. Hummus. Lots of salads. Plenty for a vegetarian. Not spicy (as I think of most Indian food). Not saucy (like a lot of the Chinese "sweet and sour" type stuff).

And although I love this type of food, I didn't enjoy Boma much. The buffet was overwhelming and I'm just not fond of buffets - particularly with kids in tow.

Thanks! I guess I was asking whether african food is more like asian food or totally different. Looks like it is the latter.. I am still not positive whether it will be worth it for us to go eat there, will see..
Are there any discounts/ coupons for Boma?

Have eaten at Boma's a couple of times and have really enjoyed it, enjoy the interesting methods of preparing foods. Go with an open mind, try foods you normally would not eat.

Our family still laughs at the first time we ate there. We were shown to our table, then walked through the different food areas to see what was there. Got a sampling and went back to our table. Next to us sat down what appeared to be a father and son, the son was around 12 or 13. They left their table, went to the buffet areas, and returned with their plates of food. The father had a few items but the son only had a plate filled to overflowing with french fries, nothing else. The son sat at the table, hunched over his plate with his face just a few inches from the fries and just shoveled french fries into his mouth non-stop. The father and son never said a word to each other. The son finishes the french fries, goes back to the buffet and returns with a napkin filled with a dozen or so cookies. Then they leave. Heck of a way to spend +-$25 for dinner for the son.

Phrank

HAHA

That sounds like my son! Only he would have had a second plate full of bread!! He still eats like that at 19!! He eats a LOT, but not very adventurous!

Debbie:earsgirl:

4 of us went to Boma - Mom and I, more adventurous eaters, loved it. The couple who accompanied us, very picky to the point of childish eaters, hated it. The wife refuses to eat chicken, pork, spices of any kind, etc. She usually sticks with turkey or pasta no matter what. The husband was slightly better but definitely didn't enjoy himself. They wound up eating off of the kiddie menu. Mom and I couldn't wait to go back. I did return with my in-laws and DH about 6 months later, and they loved it as much as I did.

Thanks for all the input! I think we will skip Boma this trip and go with the food we know we'll like .. Maybe next time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter