• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Will you attend your local Renaissance Fair this Summer or skip it due to COVID-19 worries?

That's a very good point...wasn't trying to sound elitist!
I didn't think you were. I'd go to Europe as well if I could with an EU passport, if I had one. I've actually tried to see if I qualified for one through my great grandparents but they became US citizens as quickly as they could so that pretty much ended that option.

I didn't think you were. I'd go to Europe as well if I could with an EU passport, if I had one. I've actually tried to see if I qualified for one through my great grandparents but they became US citizens as quickly as they could so that pretty much ended that option.
My mother became a US citizen but never renounced her Polish citizenship. After almost 50 years she renewed it and that allowed me to get my Polish citizenship which I passed along to my kids.

My mother became a US citizen but never renounced her Polish citizenship. After almost 50 years she renewed it and that allowed me to get my Polish citizenship which I passed along to my kids.
Dzień dobry!

I am working towards my German citizenship through my grandmother who fled during WWII. I'm so glad that you passed down your Polish citizenship to your kids.

Just curiously, where in Poland is your family from? I spend a lot of time in Kraków for work and have fallen in love with the country. On my campus I am known as the Polish Ambassador.

I don't think I qualify unfortunately. My great grandmother fled Poland after her Jewish family was killed by Russian nationalists in a pogrom attack in the 1910's. She became a US citizen in the 1930's, so I think she became a citizen to early for her to become a duel citizen and pass down her citizenship to her granddaughter (my mother). 🤷‍♂️

Interesting. I was under the impression that you automatically renounced your Polish citizenship when you got another (i.e. that Poland would stop considering you a citizen). It's probably too late for us anyway as both of my grandparents (who were Polish) are deceased (so cannot renew anything) and we've never quite worked out what citizenship my mom had at birth (possibly Polish, though) and we don't know where her birth certificate is (and she is also deceased).

Interesting. I was under the impression that you automatically renounced your Polish citizenship when you got another (i.e. that Poland would stop considering you a citizen). It's probably too late for us anyway as both of my grandparents (who were Polish) are deceased (so cannot renew anything) and we've never quite worked out what citizenship my mom had at birth (possibly Polish, though) and we don't know where her birth certificate is (and she is also deceased).
I mean you can renounce citizenship when you become naturalized but my mom saw no need to say anything. My mother still has family in Poland so my uncle helped with a lot of the paperwork over there. Getting all of the stuff done was a lot easier with someone over there. You can get someone to do it for you, but it can be costly.

Dzień dobry!

I am working towards my German citizenship through my grandmother who fled during WWII. I'm so glad that you passed down your Polish citizenship to your kids.

Just curiously, where in Poland is your family from? I spend a lot of time in Kraków for work and have fallen in love with the country. On my campus I am known as the Polish Ambassador.
Nowhere special. A village called Kamien. When I visited when I was 18 my grandparents had just put a toilet in the house.

Last edited:

Anyone planning on attending their local Renaissance Fair this upcoming season?
Possibility exists but is not all that likely. I used to live 10 minutes from the Minnesota Ren Fest that doesn't open until August. Now I'm 115 miles from Bristol, have driven by it many times but the lines to park and leave always look so horrible.

Possibility exists but is not all that likely. I used to live 10 minutes from the Minnesota Ren Fest that doesn't open until August. Now I'm 115 miles from Bristol, have driven by it many times but the lines to park and leave always look so horrible.
There are more than those two Renaissance fairs in those states I believe.

There are more than those two Renaissance fairs in those states I believe.
Not that I'm aware of. To the best of my knowledge there are no other renaissance fairs in MN or WI. And Bristol while technically being in WI, you actually go into IL before doubling back to get into it.

Not that I'm aware of. To the best of my knowledge there are no other renaissance fairs in MN or WI. And Bristol while technically being in WI, you actually go into IL before doubling back to get into it.
Google says otherwise....

Are you going to Scarborough Fair? 🎶

That's our local ren fest but we used to go to the larger Texas Renaissance Festival in the fall when we lived closer to it. The traffic to Scarborough has been terrible lately. Sunday it took friends 3 hours to get through the traffic to finally park. Ugh
I go to the NY Renaissance fair almost every year (with the exception of the pandemic years).

Are you going to Scarborough Fair? 🎶

That's our local ren fest but we used to go to the larger Texas Renaissance Festival in the fall when we lived closer to it. The traffic to Scarborough has been terrible lately. Sunday it took friends 3 hours to get through the traffic to finally park. Ugh
https://www.srfestival.com/

https://www.texrenfest.com/map-directions

Your local TX fairs look awsome. If I visit TX in the future, I will definitely try to check them out if they are happening when I visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter