Windwalker's new life

windwalker

I need an Adventure
My lady of 24 years and I decided to go our seperate ways yesterday. Not the best way to spend Thanksgiving but it was a long time coming. We grew together for many years and then started growing apart. So this is officially the first day of the rest of my life.

Some of the challenges I'll face, besides trying to stay motivated for training: Setting up a new household, financial arrangements and OMG Dating!

Wish me luck as I explore being 58 and single. Good thing I look and feel much younger. As Walt said, "Keep moving foreward".

Dave:hippie:

Day one is in the bank.

My thoughts for the day are that I need to not just get an apt but a small house of my own. I'm worth it and I need to be thinking long term not short term.

:hug: thinking of you panda and hoping that the challenges are not too great.
You are such a great support for others, heres hoping we can return the favor.

Cyberfriend of panda:hippie:

OMG Dave this breaks my heart.

Please take your time and think things through.

Love you both!!!!

OMG Dave this breaks my heart.

Please take your time and think things through.

Love you both!!!!

Thank you Kimmer. It thrills me to but onward and upward is the plan now. I need to think a lot of things through. Right now I'm kinda in a daze.

I bet things are so unsettled now.

Take care of yourself.

I hope we will still get to see you all in January!!

We are still going to Disney in Januray togehter just as room mates though. So I'll still see you there.

My training is one of the few positive constants that I can depend on so I have to keep after it, even though my hearts not really in it.

Dave I still can't believe it, I feel so terrible for all that you guys have been dealing with on top of everything else. Makes all the bickering that has been going on lately really childish doesn't it.

Just remember the magic of disney that is awaiting you and all your friends that can't wait to see you both, hope that gets you through the next few weeks.

Dave I still can't believe it, I feel so terrible for all that you guys have been dealing with on top of everything else. Makes all the bickering that has been going on lately really childish doesn't it.

Just remember the magic of disney that is awaiting you and all your friends that can't wait to see you both, hope that gets you through the next few weeks.

Yes Kimmer, see I was understanding very well the depression my friend was going though, I have been fighting tooth and nail against it myself. I would hope that if had I been bitter or weird or if I get that way for a while someone will stand up for me to. Knowing someone cares unconditionally is worth gold when you are trying to put your life back in order.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I, too, went through this last February after 20 years of marriage. It is hard at first but it does get better. Some days will be better than others.

Through it all, I never stopped running. People ask me how I kept it together, and I honestly believe it was all the running. My best piece of advice is to keep active. When I was feeling bad about myself, I looked back at all my races and accomplishments (including last year's Goofy) and that kept me going. Hang in there.
jill

Sorry to hear this Dave, I wish you the best, we are all here for you! :) sending hugs and pixie dust!! :grouphug:

Sorry to hear about your situation. I, too, went through this last February after 20 years of marriage. It is hard at first but it does get better. Some days will be better than others.

Through it all, I never stopped running. People ask me how I kept it together, and I honestly believe it was all the running. My best piece of advice is to keep active. When I was feeling bad about myself, I looked back at all my races and accomplishments (including last year's Goofy) and that kept me going. Hang in there.
jill

Thank you Jill. I'm keeping up with training. It will feel weird next year doing Disney Solo.

I didn't know you guys were doing the January races this year. I'll get to see you there.

unfortunately we are not :( I didn't have much time to train this year, want to start up again, we are actually leaving on Tuesday just for a family christmas present, from my parents, they are already there, lucky ducks! I am going to try to save and try to do it next year, if not I will do the half here at home just to get my butt in shape :) I will miss you this year.

Dave - I'm so sorry to hear about this :sad1: I had to read your post twice because I wasn't sure I had read it correctly. Now, I remember your hugs post from a few days ago. I don't have any advice I can pass along. I'm still looking forward to seeing you in January. :hug::hug:

Stay strong!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter