• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

I ordered the length of stay Memory Maker. Do we need to run in our MBs and do I need to do anything else to make sure our race photos show up on there?
There will be instructions on the back of your bib for how to load your bib numbers into MM and they'll show up there. They will NOT scan your magic band, so unless you want to use it to pay for something while running through a park (if it's open when you're running through it!) you do not need it on the course.

I ran PW and SS 5, 10 and 1/2 with my 16 yo and 23 yo daughters this year. It was so much fun! The 16 yo took off like lightening but about mile 8 I saw a familiar figure up ahead. I couldn't believe I had caught up to her so we got to finish the 1/2 together. I became that annoying Mom with words of encouragement around mile 10 when she started to slow. Enjoy this great experience with them.

I swear it’s one thing after another. Caught my pinky toe on an area rug this morning and felt a snap. I looked down and toe was pointing in a direction that wasn’t natural. Popped it back into place and took some Motrin. Pain, swelling and bruising had been getting worse so I went to the walk in ortho. Ortho said I did a good job resetting it myself 🤣 I’ll still be going to Disney, HH and the party. Probably skipping out on the races, but it’s only Tuesday……..

I'm in a similar boat. Training was going pretty great until 2mos ago. I had to have surgery and basically not even walk around much until last week. To me, it feels like I'm going into this with ZERO training but I've come to terms with that.....I think. Goal #1: finish the race, upright. Goal #2: enjoy the heck out of this first runDisney event for my 2 teens! That's it. :) Best of luck to you too!
I hope that you're feeling better now. Good luck this weekend with your goals!

I swear it’s one thing after another. Caught my pinky toe on an area rug this morning and felt a snap. I looked down and toe was pointing in a direction that wasn’t natural. Popped it back into place and took some Motrin. Pain, swelling and bruising had been getting worse so I went to the walk in ortho. Ortho said I did a good job resetting it myself 🤣 I’ll still be going to Disney, HH and the party. Probably skipping out on the races, but it’s only Tuesday……..
Feel better!

Can someone confirm if the shirts are short or long sleeved? Trying to figure out how many running shirts that I need to pack.

Feel better!
Thanks! Just left a friend’s house that does horse rehab for a living so she could laser it and do a round of PEMF. She couldn’t believe how swollen my foot is. I said when I do things I make sure they are done well 🤷‍♀️

boooo. Weather for my parks days looks not great. Hoping to get a little florida luck - also because we have MMVMCP on night 1. We went last year and it was sub par because of the weather (we did ride Space 3 times and Big Thunder in the rain was actually pretty fun) ....really hoping we don't get unlucky 2 years in a row.

boooo. Weather for my parks days looks not great. Hoping to get a little florida luck - also because we have MMVMCP on night 1. We went last year and it was sub par because of the weather (we did ride Space 3 times and Big Thunder in the rain was actually pretty fun) ....really hoping we don't get unlucky 2 years in a row.
I'm crossing my fingers for the weather to cooperate so I can get there. Sitting in a very foggy airport in central Texas right now. Planes are landing so hopefully they are taking off too!

Nooooo!!!!! I;m so sorry. FWIW I did something similar and broke my pinky toe a month or so before MW doing Dopey: buddy taping got me through the last long training runs and races. The pain went away after the first mile or so… but fair warning: the tape then caused blisters. I hope the swelling settles down quickly for you!

Super random but does anyone know if the expo sells running belts- particularly ones with spots for gels? I ordered a new one and of course got alerted today it was damaged in shipping and not deliverable

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter