Wine and Dine half Marathon

SouthernTaz

DDC #???
I put this out on the facebook group, but thought I would cross post here too..... I am planning to do the Wine and Dine half Marathon this year and would love to find some other DisDads to take this on with me! Registration is not open yet (probably will open closer to May)...

The races is November 9th 2013, they usually start at 10pm at night and an after party that goes til 4am or so....

(just so you know I am only a novice runner, I ran my 1st Half Marathon last September with a 2hr 39min time... So this will not be a dash for me)

If your interested in doing this let me know....

I ran it this year. You will be happy you did it. We made it a race weekend for the family. I ran the 1/2, and my wife/kids ran the 5K earlier in the day. It really made for a great trip, as everyone was excited about every step of the process.

The after party at Epcot was awesome. We were all tired and didn't get to enjoy it as much as we wanted, but it was cool to be in the park late and have such easy access to the Food & Wine kiosks. During the day, they were PACK, but at night they were wide open.

I would like to go down again, but not sure if I will do it this year.

This is on my to-do list. My only dilemma is that it is probably an either/or for this one or the 1/2 on Marathon weekend for 2014. DW said my next Disney race would likely be a solo trip because of the strain of getting up early and also that she would not want to do a trip for her and I without the kids. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter