Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

3 - is the race usually held the first weekend of November? Trying to figure out when to book DVC next year, because we’re hooked!
Very strong bet that the race will be the first weekend of November (Nov 4-6) next year. Dug back several years and every time it was held that weekend, it's the sweet spot between Halloween weekend and the ramp-up to the holidays. I'd imagine they announce the dates soon?

I talked to a photopass CM this morning that shot the race yesterday, and she mentioned that they have to manually tag all the photos, so that explains why they get uploaded at different times.

Couldn’t have asked for a better race! Great weather and though I was little worn out from the 10K and park time, I was ready for an ’A’ race PR attempt.

Well I didn’t get one PR, I got 3!
Best 5K at the split
Best 10K at the split
Best half by 10 minutes!

I‘ll try for an in depth report after the weekend winds down, but just thrilled right now.

View attachment 620609
Congrats! You are so speedy. I can't run that pace for 1 mile! :rotfl:

Anyone else maintain their perfect for the challenge? The wife and I have only missed 1 Wine and Dine weekend since it started. That was the year we moved from Ohio to Boston. Should have stayed in Ohio and I would have received the pink perfect band for the Half too!

Attachments

• 16364151228542413941471164993907.jpg
    16364151228542413941471164993907.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 28
I’ve taken some time to think about the race over the past 2 days and I have some thoughts.
1. I actually missed having hills. I enjoyed the overpass because it gave my legs a chance to switch up muscles. The flat surface was much harder on my legs.
2. Once I got into my groove my pace was pretty consistent until the 5th mile. That one was like 30 seconds slower, but then picked up again after. I looked at the map and realized it was the AK portion. Curious if anyone else was slower through that park. My assumption is because it wasn’t a straight path and it was so dark.
3. I really had to run on feeling because I couldn’t see my watch in the dark and was too scared to start pressing random buttons that I might turn it off. Never occurred to me to practice turning my watch light on beforehand.
4. I started doing Galloway for the first time this fall and it’s crazy how consistent I am using it. I did a 10 miler a few weeks ago and paced 8:39 for both the first and second 5 mile segments. My overall pace yesterday was also 8:39.
5. My friend that also ran her first Disney race (but many half and full marathons previously) said this race had the most courteous runners of any race she’s done. It was great to see so many total strangers striking up conversations.
6. Epcot was so incredibly busy from 5-9pm last night. And I wish they told us that Creations would be closed during the party.
7. The time change was a lifesaver. So was benedryl at 9pm. I never heard the fireworks or loud neighbors that kept my husband up.
8. It was really fun to go back to the Swan after to cheer on other runners. Our husbands actually stayed out there cheering until we met up with them because they were having such a good time. 9. I appreciated all of the free water bottles in the room at the Swan.

If you saw a female Donald Duck in a blue hat out there - that was me!

I’ve got to say this was my favorite rundisney race, hands down! From the course to the entertainment, the weather, and the volunteers, it was so great to be back! I will admit, tears were shed both at the start and the finish line.

I had grand intentions to attend the postrace party, but alas my young daughter just couldn’t hang and we left during harmonius. For those that did attend, how was it? Curious if it was as crowded as the last wine and dine party I attended.

How was the merchandise situation come Saturday? Were they still refilling or were most items gone?

How was the merchandise situation come Saturday? Were they still refilling or were most items gone?

Most things were gone with no sign of restocking when I got there around 2:00 on Friday. Generic RunDisney and “I Did It” shirts made up the vast majority of what was left.

I’ve got to say this was my favorite rundisney race, hands down! From the course to the entertainment, the weather, and the volunteers, it was so great to be back! I will admit, tears were shed both at the start and the finish line.

I had grand intentions to attend the postrace party, but alas my young daughter just couldn’t hang and we left during harmonius. For those that did attend, how was it? Curious if it was as crowded as the last wine and dine party I attended.

I thought the party was fun. It seemed crowded for about an hour after Harmonius as the day guests left. Cast members were checking for party braclets at food booths and character lines. I was disappointed that they didn't have photopass photographers at the character sightings, but oh well. It was cool that they had Facilier out since I don't think he was on the race course. We rode Ratatouille for the first time shortly before midnight, then hit Soarin on the way out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter