Winter Coats

battymum

DIS Veteran
I know this topic has come up before but I cant seem to find any info.

Does anyone have any recommendations where I can buy suitable coats for my teenage boys for our Japan Trip -

Although it will be spring, I believe its not unusual to get some pretty cold days and nights- especially in Kyoto.

Normally they dont wear anything like this and can usually make do in Sydney with nothing more than a fleece hoodie!

I know you guys will have the answer!

Hi Battymum, I buy winter jackets/coats from Lands End or Sierra Trading Post. Or proper ski jackets from Winterkids ( all US based websites).

I'll second that vote for Landsend but also give next a look - they have just started delivery to Australia for free, they don't have the range of coats that Landsend carry though.

Happy shopping:yay:

Shushh put me onto Landsend and we got coats in the sales to take for this upcoming trip. It's been so cold here this winter with kids outdoor sports we dragged them out of storage and have been very glad of them. The down coats are excellent.

Got coats today from Jeans West - $149 reduced to $89 then 40% off that! Fully lined and thick.

Two slightly different styles for $107.

So winning!! :thumbsup2

So I guess they are not suitable for sub zero ski resorts - but for a chilly spring evening in kyoto they will be great - and they are fashionable enough for teenagers to wear!

I could have bought online, but as it was, I bought without them and had to return it this afternoon for a larger size, sometimes you cant beat a real shop. The sleeve length is what I have to look for. You cant diet to make your arms shorter!

Who knows how much 15 year old boys are going to grow in six months!! :confused3

so happy to hear you got what you needed, and locally.

i have difficulty finding tops that are long enough (a standard tshirt seems to be a bit more of a belly shirt when you're tall) which is really frustrating, and buying online just makes judging size (length) really difficult. i also have difficulty with sleeve length, so know exactly what you are going through.

so glad you got such a bargain :) can't wait to hear about your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter