Winter Workouts - Dec. 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

I can’t believe it’s Sunday already!!

Today is my annual cookie day with my friends and our kids…some of our kids are adults now which is hard to believe!

I am making 3 kinds-traditional frosted sugar, chocolate chip and peanut butter blossoms. I’m about to start my sugar cookies here so I only have to frost them at the party. I will prepare the other kind there.

Yesterday DH and I spent our morning walking dogs at the spca, got 4.5 miles in! It was cold but the sun was out and it made it really nice actually!

DD, her BFF and I went out to dinner then I dropped them off at the new Crumbl cookie so they could stand in line for cookies…I went to Hobby Lobby! 1.5 hours later they were back with all the “flavors of the week”…they were good. Not great, I would never stand in a line for them.

Alright off to the kitchen I go then to church then to the big cookie event!! And I will breathe 🧘‍♀️

Christmas Cookie Decorating Day!

I baked most of the cookies last week and stored them in airtight plastic containers. We still have to bake maybe 2 dozen more, but the best part will be decorating them all.

I did my bills and chores this morning so that we could focus on decorating this afternoon.

Currently sitting in my kitchen while my meat-pie filling simmers away. The smell brings my back to my grandmother's kitchen and is so calming.

Going to make some sumb!tches later....not grandma's recipe haha. But I have to make them a little differently since DS10 can't have caramel.

Gave all the kids covid tests yesterday and have to do them again tomorrow. They all have something that is not covid and not strep. But being pre-emptive as I don't want them sent home tomorrow for a combo of the sniffles and a cough.

Had a funny one at church today. Father before the final blessing said it looked like everyone could use a giggle. He said he received a card from a couple he has known for many years. They sent him a card and wrote inside something along the lines of "heard you had cancer again and hope you are doing well." Incidently and thankfully he is. But they missed that part of the news, the card continued "if you are nor we hope your passing is peaceful." OH some people just...swing and a miss folks.

DD is currently spinning in the middle of the kitchen. She just put an entire sentence together on her speech device "I want super why" oh baby girl you can watch as much super why as you want after that.

Motivation Monday!! *I am having technical issues 😂 my Monday picture is posted below, so sorry for the double post! Can’t figure out how to delete a post-advice is welcome LOL*

I hope everyone’s weekend was good!!

What’s motivating everyone to get through this week and into Christmas weekend? So much to look forward to and yet so much to do!

I have some wrapping to do and some things to assemble- a camper/walker for my youngest niece and a desk for DD. I hope to get one thing done each night so I am not rushing around crazy this weekend!

Excited to hear everyone’s plans for the week!

Last edited:
I tested negative Sunday, so yah for that. I had better energy over the weekend, and even more important was in a better mood. I only got a few things on The List done, but I'm OK with what is left:

Monday - scrub the bathroom, wrap presents
Tuesday - scrub the kitchen... also Chiro appt
Wednesday - make cookies
Thursday - final grocery shopping and pick up a few last gift things
Friday - bake a cake... also Rolfing appt
Saturday - final prepping, including moving furniture around and getting food ready. People will start showing up around 4pm-ish.

We got snow again yesterday, just a dusting where I am which is great, its pretty to look at but not inconvenient. last night I did my yoga for the first time in over a week and I'm going to get out for a midday walk today. Both should help me feel even better and get back on track, which is my number one motivation for this week.

I went back to school today. I couldn't hear well, and my ears were popping when I blew my nose. Now I have an earache. I really hope it doesn't become an ear infection. I don't want to deal with antibiotics...thrush...the medicine to make it go away which makes me sick to my stomach...and on and on. Hopefully it's just fluid and the pain will go away on it's own.

I went back to school today. I couldn't hear well, and my ears were popping when I blew my nose. Now I have an earache. I really hope it doesn't become an ear infection. I don't want to deal with antibiotics...thrush...the medicine to make it go away which makes me sick to my stomach...and on and on. Hopefully it's just fluid and the pain will go away on it's own.
Ugh! Sending healthful hugs your way.

So I saw these 2 shorts tonight and wanted to share. The first is kind of silly yet useful (warning has a bit of language) and the other is just sort of weirdly comforting. Hope one or both can give you what you need tonight

Awake at 3:30am with an earache. Ugh. I’m still going to school to celebrate Merry Grinchmas with my class. I can only hear out of my right ear, but I am well otherwise. I won’t let my class down. I will read the story in the morning. They are making Grinch ornaments and watching the 1966 version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” We are all dressing up for the occasion.

Tomorrow is “Frosty the Snowman,” Thursday is “Polar Express Pajama Day” with hot cocoa and munchkins. Friday is “Ugly Sweater Day.”

I can do this!!!

F79438C7-FCD1-4969-A96B-2F9AE4BF886E.jpeg

Last edited:
Awake at 3:30am with an earache. Ugh. I’m still going to school to celebrate Merry Grinchmas with my class. I can only hear out of my right ear, but I am well otherwise. I won’t let my class down. I will read the story in the morning. They are making Grinch ornaments and watching the 1966 version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.” We are all dressing up for the occasion.

Tomorrow is “Frosty the Snowman,” Thursday is “Polar Express Pajama Day” with hot cocoa and munchkins. Friday is “Ugly Sweater Day.”

I can do this!!!
Awwwwww 😭 I’m so sorry! I got a ear infection with my cold a few weeks ago and needed antibiotics unfortunately 😞 maybe you could do a teledoc apt on your phone if your short on time. Feel better!!!

9D7E9641-D768-4E09-B661-22C28280AB36.jpeg
Thinking about the topic of Christmas traditions for Topic a Tuesday!!

What traditions are you are looking forward to this year?? Old or new!!

I look forward to watching a Christmas story during the 24 hour marathon, my kids all coming Christmas morning for cinnamon buns and gifts and I can’t forget my sister in law’s Christmas Eve lasagna!!

My Christmas tradition is: Christmas Day when it's all done, thinking I really need to get a new/additional family and/or friends so I can have and do more celebrating, and then promptly forgetting to do anything about it until the following year when I again think, dang I wish I had a new family...

It is looking like everyone except my Niece will be here Saturday. We were supposed to get big snow last night but the ridge between rain to the south and snow to the north settled over the city and we got rain instead of the white stuff... so no excuses for not coming. And no issues getting out and about to finish up the last few things.

I feel blessed that DD and I were able to do the cookies. We have been baking and decorating cookies since she was a very little girl. We used to casually do the cookies but this year we had to schedule a time. It’s only going to become more difficult. I pray that we can carry on this tradition forever.

I look forward to the day that we aren’t in a public health situation and we can once again attend church in person, especially on Christmas Eve. This year we will attend online again.

I hope that we will indeed be with our extended family in NY this Christmas.

The holiday week at school has become a fun tradition. This is the first year since 2019 that we weren’t online or had Covid. Two days down, three fun days to go.

5A6749E9-6A0D-43B4-897C-1EFF9F474A71.jpeg
Happy whoooooohooooooo Wednesday to all my Disfriends!!

So much to celebrate this week I am excited to hear everyone’s Whooohoooos!

I am going to give a shout out to grocery pickups! I am able to accomplish a Sams and Walmart pickup on my lunch break, which is what I am going to be doing today. These things used to take me 3 hours now I can do it in 30 minutes!!

I hope this is my last of my shopping before Christmas!! I got all my ingredients for my Christmas dishes and all the last minute wrapping supplies we have ran out of, so this should be it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter