• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wireless at HHI??

paul7

Earning My Ears
We're taking our first trip to HHI later next week. Is wireless service available? Also, any recommendations for things to do & places to eat. Traveling with 2 teenagers.

Bumping this up - hope someone can give an answer before we leave in the morning.
Now have to bring **##@!!! work with me on our trip!! :sad: I'm bringing the laptop and will need to check email.

Free wireless is available at Mellow Mushroom pizza place at Sea Pines Circle. It's a great place to eat as well.

Your teens will love it there, lots to do, my teen loves to do kayaking trips with Outside Hilton Head. Grab an activity book and restaurant guide when you arrive, they are free and available lots of different places. Do your grocery shopping at Publix.

Have fun!

In one of the magazine guides, Shelter Cove was a wireless hotspot. We were on the marsh side of the resort and couldn't get a signal but didn't try to go down bt the dock area. If you are on that side, maybe, just maybe, you could pick up the signal....if not, then you'll just have to go over to one of the outdoor bars and grab you a brew while you give us an update.

For what it is worth - I used dial up while I was there. But I was just checking email etc, nothing for work. If you ask at the desk they will give you the access numbers, so it is a local call. I just would use a "free dial up" for 30 days. I used AOL, and I didn't find the connection that slow, I use cable at home. But I wasn't downloading anything.

Janis

When we used dial-up last year the connection was SO bad - we kept getting discounnected - so we just gave up.

I always use dialup at HH from our room. There is a local company - ISLC (Internet Services of the Low Country) - that has a special weekly rate - I think it was $10. I've used it on several trips now. It's not broadband, but it is convenient. Cost is .35 for each local call for DVC members.

The local telephone company (Hargray) also has a dialup service in the $15 - $20 range for a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter