Wisconsin Members Page

MagicMousekeers me,dw,dd(18),ds(20) @ college in north dakota, akv oshkosh
Next trip new years @akv

Hello, I am from Fond du Lac, WI. We just got back from a stay in early March. We are not currently DVC owners but are very interested. I have a few questiosn of you if you don't mind.

First is did you do direct buy or resale. Reason I ask is the research I have done is you cannot use resale on cruises and that is someting we are very interested in.

The second question is do most of you use your points only at Disney or do you trade in for RCI. Reason I ask is as much as I love Disney I do want to go other places but not sure if DVC is worth it if we are not going to Disney every year.

Thanks!!!!

Hello, I am from Fond du Lac, WI. We just got back from a stay in early March. We are not currently DVC owners but are very interested. I have a few questiosn of you if you don't mind.

First is did you do direct buy or resale. Reason I ask is the research I have done is you cannot use resale on cruises and that is someting we are very interested in.

The second question is do most of you use your points only at Disney or do you trade in for RCI. Reason I ask is as much as I love Disney I do want to go other places but not sure if DVC is worth it if we are not going to Disney every year.

Thanks!!!!
We purchased both our contracts as resale, but before they made the new rule. So we can use our points to cruise. We've traded to RCI twice (both times to give our children a honeymoon) and I wouldn't do it again. I just don't have enough points to go around! If you do decide to trade to RCI, please remember that these are Not Disney Properties. Your experience will not be the same as if you'd stayed on a Disney property. You could compare RCI to staying on property at WDW vs off property in a nice timeshare resort. It's just not Disney!!! I'm not interested in the cruise idea, so I can't help you there. We definitely saved money by buying resale! :love:

We bought direct but if you can afford to by outright I would say by resale. We have cruised and stayed in timeshare but instead of using points we have sold our points and paid for cruise and timeshare rental(from owner) and have gotten better price then the $10/point I sold DVC for. Was very easy to rent points on disboard. Think I had them all gone in about 2 weeks and plenty of offers I could not do.

Been awhile since I have been on. I went to rent points and there is a rule about the need for x number of post in 6 months and I was way short. 2 months this summer I didn't even post. I can't believe that. Guess life has gotten that busy.

Anyway, I have all names updated but if you noticed I missed any let me know. Getting excited. Leaving in a little over a month.

Hey, anybody from WI going down for a Feb. trip? We're also headed to Disneyland next month and renting child for October at the World. Always fun to run into fellow Badgers!

melissac, have a great trip!

Auntie Peep

Hello fellow Wisconsinites:

Just booked direct GRB to MCO flights on MetJet.net. So excited to have the option of a direct flight to Orlando within a short driving distance from home.

They are running great deals to fill their planes (operated by Sun Country). When was the last time you flew direct with free first checked bag and a lunch to boot?:cool1: Can't wait to try them next month!!!

(and no, I don't work for Metjet :beach:)

Thought I'd bump this up. We have decided to sell one of our contracts but still will keep a small one. We are purchasing a ski villa in MI and are using it as a down payment. Excited but a little said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter