Wish Concierge Requests (Plus Cabana Question)

indylaw99

Disney-loving Mom!
We've done concierge on a few DCL but I have always felt so prepared for them because of this board, past people's Navigators, etc. But our window for concierge requests for the Wish is coming up soon and I have no idea what we should even be thinking about doing because I have no idea what is available! I can't seen any excursions yet in my portal. I haven't heard what kind of tastings they may or may not not be having. Has anyone else started putting in their requests yet? We're doing the 3 and the 4 day back to back so we probably don't want to just stay on the ship the whole time.

We definitely want a cabana but I'm not sure which to try to get. We've done the family one in the past because of our kids but this is the first trip that they will both be adults (19 and 21) and they are excited about finally being able to see all of the "Adult" stuff they've never been able to see before. But I've also heard the beach area in front of the cabanas on Serenity may not be as nice right now? We've popped over there just to look around without the kids but I can't remember at all what the pros and cons would be of getting the cabana there instead (besides the price...which I can't even find updated prices anywhere!).

I'm researching everything like crazy right now but would love any comments or suggestions!

I'm not on the Wish, but just booked our excursions for our cruise to Alaska and Shoreside Concierge emailed me, at my request, a list of times and dates for each tasting being offered on our cruise.

I'm not on the Wish, but just booked our excursions for our cruise to Alaska and Shoreside Concierge emailed me, at my request, a list of times and dates for each tasting being offered on our cruise.
Were you able to get that list before your window opened or did you have to wait until the day your window opened?

Were you able to get that list before your window opened or did you have to wait until the day your window opened?

I emailed them prior to my window opening asking about tastings (among a few other questions) and they responded via email with the list of dates and times for each tasting being offered.

+1, I always email shoreside a couple weeks before our window opens up to ask about what tastings will be offered when. They've always been able to provide me with a list but their turnaround times have been around a week at least lately so factor that in.

As for excursions, I'd say look through the general list of what is theoretically available for the ports you're visiting, and have backups in case certain things aren't actually being offered.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ports/overview/bahamas/

They should contact you at 130 days out. At that point I have a prepared list of questions (tastings, character breakfast, spa times, etc). They will send you a listing of anything you ask for. If you reach out to the before 130 days you will likely wait. They will respond first to those that are in the 130 day window.

Also remember Wish has what 2x the amount of concierge rooms as the other ships so things that may be included on other ships concierge may not be options on Wish (or they may tier it to the level of concierge I honestly don’t know their plans..)

Wish has 53 Concierge staterooms and 23 suites with only 25 cabanas- compared to the other ships 40ish

Also remember Wish has what 2x the amount of concierge rooms as the other ships so things that may be included on other ships concierge may not be options on Wish (or they may tier it to the level of concierge I honestly don’t know their plans..)

Wish has 53 Concierge staterooms and 23 suites with only 25 cabanas- compared to the other ships 40ish
Wow. I didn't think about that. It may not even be possible to get a cabana in concierge anymore! Especially on those early sailings where the ship is full.

Just wondering if there is any updated info on this? I have sailed concierge in the past specifically to be assured of getting a cabana. I definitely won’t be cruising on the Wish if the large amount of concierge rooms mean that there is not a guarantee of pre-booking everything I would want to do.

+1, I always email shoreside a couple weeks before our window opens up to ask about what tastings will be offered when. They've always been able to provide me with a list but their turnaround times have been around a week at least lately so factor that in.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ports/overview/bahamas/

This right here! I always email and ask any scheduling questions about two weeks before our request email. Give it a little buffer right now with the longer email turnaround time.

I emailed concierge shoreside four days ago. I asked if Palo was having lunch on the Wish. If any of the other adult restaurants were having lunch. and if they could send me a list of the port adventures for my cruise. My booking window is coming up and I need to know the answers, before I know what to request. I haven't heard back yet, but expect to hear from them in the coming days.

Since we are inside the booking window for concierge on the Maiden Voyage, I am surprised that a concierge person from that cruise hasnt been able to provide a list of on ship activities that are available for booking.

Just wondering if there is any updated info on this? I have sailed concierge in the past specifically to be assured of getting a cabana. I definitely won’t be cruising on the Wish if the large amount of concierge rooms mean that there is not a guarantee of pre-booking everything I would want to do.

There is just no way to guarantee you will get a cabana with that many concierge staterooms. I cannot imagine that tastings and the Bahamanian shore excursions will be an issue, but I could be wrong. If there are only 25 slots for a tasting, and you are the 26th concierge guest to request it, there may not be room.

We were lucky to get a cabana, found out this morning. Others on the same sailing in concierge unfortunately did not get one. Bound to happen when he number of rooms is more than the number of cabanas

I emailed concierge shoreside four days ago. I asked if Palo was having lunch on the Wish. If any of the other adult restaurants were having lunch. and if they could send me a list of the port adventures for my cruise. My booking window is coming up and I need to know the answers, before I know what to request. I haven't heard back yet, but expect to hear from them in the coming days.
We aren’t concierge but are on the first 4 day cruise and Palo Brunch is offered both Sea Day & Nassau Day- we are b2b and Brunch is on the Nassau day on the 3 night

I wonder, if they're doing Palo on both Nassu and Sea Day maybe Enchante will too, in which case I could do Palo Brunch on 3 day and then do Enchante for Dessert on Sea day on the 4 night and do Brunch the Nassu Day of the 4th allowing me to squeeze in all 3.

We aren’t concierge but are on the first 4 day cruise and Palo Brunch is offered both Sea Day & Nassau Day- we are b2b and Brunch is on the Nassau day on the 3 night

Happy to confirm some of the offerings I have asked about.

1. On three day cruises, Palo and Enchanté brunch are being offered on the Nassau day.
2. On four day cruises, Palo brunch is being offered on the Nassau and at sea days, with Enchanté brunch only being offered on the at sea day.
3. A few new beverage tasting seminars are available! For the first time they are offering Gin, Speciality Bourbon, and Old Fashioned seminars. FYI Old fashioned seminars are apparently getting booked up really quickly.
4. Enchanté dessert is offered on the sea day for 4 nights and the Nassau day for 3 nights at 315
5. Rainforest passes will only be available to purchase on the ship.

Is that 3:15pm or 315 dollars or what?

Happy to confirm some of the offerings I have asked about.

1. On three day cruises, Palo and Enchanté brunch are being offered on the Nassau day.
2. On four day cruises, Palo brunch is being offered on the Nassau and at sea days, with Enchanté brunch only being offered on the at sea day.
3. A few new beverage tasting seminars are available! For the first time they are offering Gin, Speciality Bourbon, and Old Fashioned seminars. FYI Old fashioned seminars are apparently getting booked up really quickly.
4. Enchanté dessert is offered on the sea day for 4 nights and the Nassau day for 3 nights at 315
5. Rainforest passes will only be available to purchase on the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter