WISH - Disney Easter Eggs (warning: spoilers included)

Starlite,

yes, we know you want all of us that think differently than you to be banned. You have have made that abundantly clear on here. I have also read your strategies on other threads on the best ways to get people banned that you don’t want to be here.

Here’s is a legitimate question for you. Why is civilized disagreement so unacceptable to you? Why would you rather get people banned than have a spectrum of different opinions on here?

Would you rather just read dialogue that you agree with on every topic and prefer to read no dissenting views of any kind?

I have seen you asking mods to lock or erase threads multiple times in the last year or so. Do we not want to discuss our different opinions and search for some common ground on these topics?

I mean we all want Disney to win right, we just disagree occasionally on how we define what we think winning is? Hit movies, great new IPs for the parks, and stock price rising is what we consider winning right?

I saw a video today about abandoned story elements for Wish, like Star being personified and the queen being evil too.

That last part could have been very interesting, did we ever have an evil Disney couple? Who are equals? The only ones coming to mind are Lady Tremaine and daughters, but their dynamic is very different than a married couple.

I can’t wait to see it with my granddaughter but just like sporting events movie theaters have lost out to my 60 inch television and comfortable couch.

I saw a video today about abandoned story elements for Wish, like Star being personified and the queen being evil too.

That last part could have been very interesting, did we ever have an evil Disney couple? Who are equals? The only ones coming to mind are Lady Tremaine and daughters, but their dynamic is very different than a married couple.
I saw the pages from the art book that detailed these changes and I 100% agree that the queen being evil would've been way better than what we got. The queen doesn't do a whole lot in the final movie and you could easily remove her character and the plot would be exactly the same.

God almighty @mods can we get this thread shut down? Ppl are blaming Disney's issues on "controversial" political decisions again.

I mean, I would prefer the **** stirrers to get banned but we all know that won't happen.
Are you seriously crying to the moderator to shut down the thread and get people banned???? This is so pathetic. I'm so sick of anyone coming at me or anyone that goes against Disney! I can name a million Disney movies I love and very few I didn't like with one being Wish! You shouldn't be on these boards if you get upset when someone has a different opinion than you do.

Little off topic but even though I didn't like Wish that much I got my daughter an Asha ornament for the tree. Very cool. And since we are talking Disney films, anyone see Santa Clauses season 2 or Naughty Nine? I'm enjoying Santa Clauses.

Are you seriously crying to the moderator to shut down the thread and get people banned???? This is so pathetic. I'm so sick of anyone coming at me or anyone that goes against Disney! I can name a million Disney movies I love and very few I didn't like with one being Wish! You shouldn't be on these boards if you get upset when someone has a different opinion than you do.
I'm sorry, but who are you? I don't think I've ever spoken to you before and my comment was not related at anything you said soooo....

I also have nothing against ppl who didn't like the movie, where did I say that that you felt the need to quote me so aggressively??

I am truly confused, I didn't even mention the movie in that comment ....

Last edited:
Copied from stockholders info page:

Disney publicly admits what we have known for some time.

“We face risks relating to misalignment with public and consumer tastes and preferences for entertainment, travel and consumer products, which impact demand for our entertainment offerings and products and the profitability of any of our businesses,” the company’s 10-K filing noted.

“Generally, our revenues and profitability are adversely impacted when our entertainment offerings and products, as well as our methods to make our offerings and products available to consumers, do not achieve sufficient consumer acceptance,” the company said in the report.

“Further, consumers’ perceptions of our position on matters of public interest, including our efforts to achieve certain of our environmental and social goals, often differ widely and present risks to our reputation and brands,” the 10-K filing said.

Translation = a large number of potential Disney customers want us to just make good content and stop all the nonsense that can be seen as divisive. Make great family friendly content with the best creatives on planet earth, and make that your #1 priority. Ignore all the rest of the junk that does not support that.

Pretty telling to me that they are on their all fours right now begging Tim Allen and Tom Hanks to do a new Toy Story project.

“We face risks relating to misalignment with public and consumer tastes and preferences for entertainment, travel and consumer products, which impact demand for our entertainment offerings and products and the profitability of any of our businesses,” the company’s 10-K filing noted.

“Generally, our revenues and profitability are adversely impacted when our entertainment offerings and products, as well as our methods to make our offerings and products available to consumers, do not achieve sufficient consumer acceptance,” the company said in the report.

“Further, consumers’ perceptions of our position on matters of public interest, including our efforts to achieve certain of our environmental and social goals, often differ widely and present risks to our reputation and brands,” the 10-K filing said.

Translation = a large number of potential Disney customers want us to just make good content and stop all the nonsense that can be seen as divisive. Make great family friendly content with the best creatives on planet earth, and make that your #1 priority. Ignore all the rest of the junk that does not support that.

Pretty telling to me that they are on their all fours right now begging Tim Allen and Tom Hanks to do a new Toy Story project.
What's interesting about Wish is that it doesn't have any of the "divisive" content people rag on and it's still a mediocre product with nothing special about it.

IMO I think Jennifer Lee needs to go at this point. Nothing against her as a person obviously but Disney needs someone else to steer this ship.

What's interesting about Wish is that it doesn't have any of the "divisive" content people rag on and it's still a mediocre product with nothing special about it.

IMO I think Jennifer Lee needs to go at this point. Nothing against her as a person obviously but Disney needs someone else to steer this ship.
I agree with you on this, it’s just not very good it seems. The only thing I have seen that could possibly be seen as divisive about Wish is the cast is described as one of the most diverse cast in the studios history. Seems like someone has a checklist making sure all groups are represented in a project, that seems more important than telling a great story. I don’t think a diverse cast is a bad thing, I just think the story being great must be the most important thing by a large margin. That goes back to hiring the best creatives on planet earth part. You know like Disney did when it owned the box office. Go hire John Favreau right now to do a Marvel film, I will give you a 90% chance he delivers you a box office hit at $850 Million plus.

Last edited:

This is literally in all of their annual filings. It does not translate into anything remotely what you wrote down. It is legal jargon that they spell out for investors. It is essentially a copy and pasted thing year to year with little change only reflecting some more current issues. i.e. During times of political turmoil, they add in a line about the political environment.

I agree with you on this, it’s just not very good it seems. The only thing I have seen that could possibly be seen as divisive about Wish is the cast is described as one of the most diverse cast in the studios history. Seems like someone has a checklist making sure all groups are represented in a project, that seems more important than telling a great story. I don’t think a diverse cast is a bad thing, I just think the story being great must be the most important thing by a large margin. That goes back to hiring the best creatives on planet earth part. You know like Disney did when it owned the box office. Go hire John Favreau right now to do a Marvel film, I will give you a 90% chance he delivers you a box office hit at $850 Million plus.

If you don't think a diverse cast is a bad thing, then why are you always bringing up as downfall for these movies. I mean, you are right - it shouldn't matter, but it apparently does to you. The story is independent of the casting, etc. Wish is in fact a very good movie - maybe not Renaissance-era great, but it's enjoyable for sure. In fact, it does all the things that you are always saying they need to do - get back to the roots, etc. They did that in spades. The story may as well have been written in 1958! Maybe that's what audiences are not responding to, though that flies in the face of what you are usually in favor of.

The characters being diverse isn't really an issue in the film itself. If anything the amount of characters hurts the film more than who they represent. The friends (minus maybe Dahlia), Valentino, Asha's family and the queen could all be Thanos snapped out of this film and the plot would remain the same.

Ghostbusters Afterlife had a great story and a diverse cast, and most fans liked the movie. It reenergized a severely damaged movie brand.

Ghostbusters 2016 had a horrendous story full of bad jokes and a diverse cast, and fans hated it.

The story must be the most important thing imho. Hire the best creatives and actors on planet earth with no regard whatsoever as to what their gender or race is. I believe 100% in the concept of a meritocracy. The best and the brightest and most talented people is who Disney needs.

Don't you think there are much easier explanations on why it's bombing instead of it having a diverse cast? It's just not the best plot, music, etc 🤷‍♂️
I think it's a lot simpler, movies lately have been of subpar quality, much like the early 2000s. I don't think any of the political stuff matters that much really IMO.

Ghostbusters Afterlife had a great story and a diverse cast, and most fans liked the movie. It reenergized a severely damaged movie brand.

Ghostbusters 2016 had a horrendous story full of bad jokes and a diverse cast, and fans hated it.

The story must be the most important thing imho. Hire the best creatives and actors on planet earth with no regard whatsoever as to what their gender or race is. I believe 100% in the concept of a meritocracy. The best and the brightest and most talented people is who Disney needs.

Right. So by your logic the diverse cast doesn't matter. So, why bring it up at all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter