Wish me luck....gall bladder coming out today....

OkieDisney

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
The 'ole gallbladder is coming out today.

Wish me luck.

I fit the four F factors (forty, fertile, female, eat fat foods) plus all of my female relatives older than me have theirs out.

SO, it was time.

But, I will have bunches of time to DIS during recovery.

:D

Originally posted by OkieDisney
The 'ole gallbladder is coming out today.

Wish me luck.

I fit the four F factors (forty, fertile, female, eat fat foods) plus all of my female relatives older than me have theirs out.

SO, it was time.

But, I will have bunches of time to DIS during recovery.

<font face="comic sans ms"> Karen, good luck. I'm glad to know that surgery isn't interrupting your "Dis" time. I would worry about you if it did. ;) :p :D </font>

WOW! Good luck,Karen! :) Wishing you a speedy and relatively painless recovery! :wave:

Good luck Karen !!!! Here's wishing you a very speedy recovery.

Good luck! I hope that you have a speedy recovery.

Good luck.

I hope they do the micro surgery. Three or four holes in the stomach. I had the surgery on a Monday night and left the hospital on Tuesday night. Maybe it was because of my "great" insurance. LOL

Ed

Good Luck to you...I had mine out 1 month after having a C Section...I was fine...I actually had it out (micro) at 8 in the morning and left the hospital by 2 that afternoon...I didn't really have any pain at all!

Please let us know how you are!!

I had mine out in March. In and out on the same day. :) gotta love it!
I discovered that sleeping on my back or reclined wasn't comfortable for a week or so afterwards. But if you sleep on your side with a good pillow between your legs it'll feel GREAT!
Recovery time was next to nothing, though I did enjoy a few days of having the family bring stuff to me.;)

Here's my operation story

emergency ride to Straub Hospital---Honolulu

shot for the pain
schedule appt with surgeon for next day

get the nasty 'ole gall bladder out 3 days later ( one of the best moves I ever made)

stay over night--surgery goes great
call a taxi for ride home---after 35 minutes no taxi so I just go around the block and take the city bus ( honolulu has the greatest bus system and the best drivers in the world. I was a little slow on my feet--driver saw me heading to the bus stop and stopped for me 100 or so feet early. ( maybe I just looked like I needed the help)

recouped while vacationing on the beaches of Waikiki.

last thought if you have to have surgery---Honolulu is the place. Can't think of a better place to recover.

Sorry if I bored anyone---PattyN

Good luck to you... I am also minus my gall bladder...I hope you get to have the lap coli procedure so much easier for recovery.. Take care..

Eeek! I'm a little late, but I hope all went well. Sending ~*~pixie dust~*~ for a speedy recovery, Karen. Enjoy DIS'ing. ;) :)

Thanks all. The surgery went well.

Home resting now.

Karen

Glad to hear that the surgery went well. Take it easy and get lots of rest. I hope that you are back to 100% in no time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter