• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Cruise Questions

Terk-1

Dreaming of Disney Cruising!
Since I've had 0 luck getting an Illuminations Cruise, I booked a Wishes cruise instead.

We are being picked up at the Wilderness Lodge. Where does the boat dock to view Wishes? Can you hear the music? Can you see everything? Do they have to drop you off at the same resort they picked you up at or can you request another resort?

I booked it for a night that Wishes is being shown at 7pm. Is it dark enough to view it in all it's splender? Should I move it to a day that it is being shown at 9pm? My concern is that I'm going with an 8, 6 and an almost 5 year old and am afraid that after a day at the parks and such, that they may be too tired at 9pm. Am I wrong here?

Finally, I was thinking that we could do this, then I'll take the kids back to the hotel and give the other adults a night out at Pleasure Island.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Terk,

We did a Wishes Cruise on August 23rd. There was no sound, which makes me feel that Wishes is best viewed from inside the MK. Of course, the boat ride was enjoyable, but if this is your only opportunity to see Wishes, you should know that Wishes tells a story and you really need to hear it to fully appreciate it.

The boats sit directly infront of the castle, and the view is great. As far as time and fireworks viewing, I am not sure when you are going, but I do not think that Disney schedule's Wishes when it is not dark enough to see it in all of its splendor.

As far as being dropped off and picked up in different locations, I'm sure that would not be a problem. You will likely have to call the Water front desk at the resort you are leaving from to confirm this.

Keep trying for the Illuminations cruise, we got one when somebody cancelled. Also, the night we went another Illuminations party had cancelled last minute, so the boat sat empty! Can you imagine how many peopke wanted that boat and it just sat there empty? Our driver told us it happens all of the time!
:D :D

We did a Wishes cruise in May. We had a wonderful time as a whole evening experience, and I would do it again.

BUT if this is the only time you are seeing Wishes, I agree that you should see it from the park or at least some place where you can hear the narration/music. When we went on the cruise in May, we were lucky, because they were testing portable receivers that night. We had the full experience. Unfortunately, it sounds like that didn't work out for some reason.

The captain takes you on a brief tour around the two lakes and then sits directly in front of the castle for the fireworks. I'm sure that if Disney has fireworks scheduled, it will be dark enough to enjoy them thoroughly.

I don't know the answer to the different pick-up/drop-off points, but I would call and ask if that would work out. We departed from /returned to the Contemporary.

Beth

I've done the MK Fireworks cruise twice (before WISHES) and we could hear the music perfectly. It was a really terrific experience, and while I have never done the Illuminations cruise, I think the setting for the MK cruise is better for this reason - the last time I was at Epcot the Illumination cruise was "parked" in front of the International Bridge. The crowd is directly overhead, and several people had their pop sitting on the bridge ledge. I had visions of someone accidently christening the people in the boat below with pop. Is this where the boat is usually stationed? I was really surprised to see it in such a vulnerable place.

I have a wishes cruise booked for sept 29th and the cm said that the music is now piped in( i only booked this about a week ago )I also heard other state that you could now hear the music.I think its gonna be great.

Yes, you can request to be picked up at a different resort. I booked it for one night and asked to change the pickup location, she said that would be no problem. I then decided to change my itinerary a little bit and changed the night of my cruise. The lady I spoke to this time said there was only a cruise available at WL. I said I was eating dinner at the Grand Floridian that evening and could the boat pick us up there. She said they could not do that. I thanked her and hung up. I called right back and spoke to someone else. She changed it with no problem at all.
As for the Illuminations cruise, I agree with the previous poster who said not to give up. I have heard of quite a few people getting it within the last week or so.
From our counters, it looks as though we will be just missing each other in Disney. HAVE FUN!!!!! And enjoy your cruise!

OOPS, I am sorry, I was thinking you wanted to be picked up at a different resort. Although, if they WILL pick you up at a different resort, then I can't see why they would not drop you off at a different one. I would call and ask. If you get a "NO" for an answer by the first CM, then I would try one more time to ask another CM.
;)

Thanks!! I'm glad to hear that the music is being piped in now. I've seen Wishes, but my family has not and thought this would be a fun way of doing it. I'm waiting until that morning to surprise everyone with it. I was just thinking that the WL would be an easy place to go from and thought it would also be a nice place to get a family picture at.

I'll keep trying for the Illuminations cruise, but if not, Wishes will be just fine.

Thanks again!!!

Thats great if the music is now being piped in . Please make sure this is true. When we went last Feb. on the Wishes cruise it was not. But I can say the view is excellent. ::yes::

:wave:

Double Digit Dancing!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I've been told by two cast members that they are working on the sound, and by the time I go in December, it should be working. They could not confirm if it already was working.

For those of you who have done the Cruise, can you remember what time it was when you returned to the Resort. IE, if the fireworks are at 7pm, what time should I expect to be back at the Resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter