"Wishing Well" or gift card basket question

Codie

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to determine what to use and where to obtain a "wishing well" (i don't want a wishing well looking one) gift card type basket. My WP thought that floral would be able to help me but all they were able to offer was either a 10" fishbowl or a unity candle cylindrical cover...both aren't very secure. As my wedding reception will be at the ADH and will have a large group, we'd like something more secure. What have past brides used?
TIA
:hourglass

Well, there are some local florists you can try. You might make one and bring it. You could also buy one and have it shipped there...Google, Google on my toolbar, Where can I find a Wishing well about 3.5' tall and 2' in diameter.....
http://www.artflowdesigns.com/c-gardenfountains2.html
JTwwlargesm.jpg

$350, Free Shipping

I hope this helps...
:jumping2:

there are tons of wedding sites with gift card/money baskets/boxes, birdcages, wishing wells/bowls & trunks. check out http://www.weddingaccessories.net/cardhold.html

we are actually diy-ing our card holder. were taking a wooden trunk from target, cutting a slice in the top for the cards & making it a pirates chest for cards at our ariels reception with alittle gold note in front "_ & _'s gift cards" with chocolate coins scattered nearby. its going to be placed at the guest book table inside the reception.

twojo-I love the pirates chest! That's great!

You can use something as simple as a wire bird cage or a satin-wrapped box. There are even castle card holders available. You can usually find a few on ebay. Check your local wedding shops; they're bound to have something!

Codie, I owe you an apology; I misread your post and thought you needed a lifesize wishing well.

I apologize...

There are some lovely stores that specialize in crystal, I would scour E-Bay with a few variations and see if you can find a picture of one you like. I know that there were some nice vases and other things at DTD in the art shop that connects to the scrapbooking store...I forget the name...

:jumping2:

I used a fancy hat box with a slot cut into it.

Another idea that I really love is a bird cage, you know, the fancy ones that you can get from the craft store. You can weave greenery around the bottom 6 inches or so to make it "secure". Guests can drop their cards in between the bars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter