With or without you...November 2016 - 09/06 FP+ and Early Morning Magic!

Just purchased my MVMCP ticket for November 8!!! I am so excited! I'm going to update my first post with my plan so far.

Yesterday was the first day to book ADRs and...I didn't book any. It's so weird! I can't remember a WDW trip where I didn't make any reservations. I'm curious to see how I like doing quick service meals the entire time. I toyed with the idea of a BOG breakfast, but I'd rather hold out and see if they end up doing one of those magic mornings or whatever when I'm there.

Is it weird to be making a list of things I want to eat during my trip?

...Am I asking the wrong people? Ha.

Well...the only place I could get free dining for dates that worked for me was All-Star Sports...and it was $288 more expensive than my current reservation. I could pay for the (quick-service) dining plan and the cost would be about the same and (more importantly) I'd get to stick with my preferred travel dates.

That said, given the fact that I mostly don't eat meat or dairy, I can't imagine spending $44/day on food. Maybe I should cost it out, though?

Honestly, if you're doing all QS meals, I'd definitely say that's not worth the difference in cost. My wife and I always budget our dining options to see what is more worth it between paying OOP or doing the Dining Plan, and for example, our upcoming trip, with 7 TS and 7 QS (TS include four fixed prices), we calculated her meals at 317$. Mind you, that includes 10% AP discount on our TS meals, and QS meals don't typically give AP discounts, but even so.

If I were to arrive at DHS by 3:30pm (very conservative estimate; I may arrive earlier) with a 7pm close, do you think I'd be able to do everything I want to do there?

I'd hopefully FP+ Toy Story, Tower of Terror, and StarTours. Other than that, I'd definitely want to do..

The Great Movie Ride (will probably be a wait)
MuppetVision 3D
One Man's Dream

I'm kinda whatever on The Voyage of the Little Mermaid, but would catch it if I had time.

I think if you get your FastPasses at exactly the times you want them, it should be doable. Especially if you do for example... start with ToT, head in at the beginning of your FP window. Then head over to One Man's Dream, ride The Great Movie Ride, catch your TSMM FP. Go see the MuppetVision 3D, and do your Star Tours FP. At that point you might even be able to catch VotLM after Star Tours, or between TSMM and MuppetVision, depending on show times. Really, if you plan to hit your first FP at the beginning of its window, and your second at the end of it, you have realistically 1h30 to 1h45 minutes of spare time between both FPs.

Is it weird to be making a list of things I want to eat during my trip?

...Am I asking the wrong people? Ha.

Yes, you are asking the wrong people :rotfl:

Honestly, if you're doing all QS meals, I'd definitely say that's not worth the difference in cost...

Thanks for the reply! I can't imagine food will be much more than $40/day...and that's the max I can see spending.

That makes a lot of sense about the FP+ planning and making sure I schedule things smartly. I think that afternoon at DHS will be the one thing that will have to be scheduled pretty rigidly.

Just booked the UnDISCOVERed Future World tour for one morning on my trip. It should be fun. I've done the Behind the Seeds tour at Epcot and the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK, and both were a great way to explore the parks. I can't wait!

Booked my flights!

If my flight is scheduled to land by 10:30am, should 3pm be a safe enough bet for arriving at DHS?

10:30am: Land at MCO (no bags to pick up)
11am to 1pm: Generous transit time on DME to ASMu
1pm to 3pm: Generous time for resort check-in, dropping stuff off, grabbing a bite to eat, and taking the bus to DHS

Any thoughts? Just fantasizing about my FP+ plans. Ha!

Just made all of my FP+ reservations at 6am my time. Got everything I wanted when I wanted, so yay for that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter