Within 24 hours I left my job, my boyfriend, and life behind to go work for Walt Disney World!

Yay! I'm glad you're there. You have a roof over your head, so that's step 1, and most important. Maybe you could do some side work for hair or wedding make up down there. Craigslist is a good place to start, but BE CAREFUL! Meet in public and thoroughly check out a place/company first. (Sorry, momma bear talking again). Or look for a temp agency. No long term commitment, but you could earn some decent money to get you going.

I also just saw this. Not what you're looking for, probably, but it might help for a little while.
http://orlando.craigslist.org/fbh/5048075312.html

Also, I'm sure you know this, but make sure you offer to help around the house. Whatever you can do.

Also also, try not to stress too much. You just got there! You WILL have your chance to get out, explore, have fun. It's just going to take a little longer than you thought.

Good luck. Is this a live report or have you been down there for a while?

Hope it all works out for you!!!

Ok, I just found your thread tonight and I am definitely following. I am older than you, but dang, you go girl! You are doing what I despite being brave for the most part, never had the nerve to do. I am glad you made it to Orlando and I wish you all the luck in the world and am sending you tons of positive vibes.

Last edited:
This is my first post, as I usually just lurk, but I wanted to tell you to hang in there. Very few people have the courage to even attempt this. Just a few days ago it all seemed hopeless, but you pulled through and made it, so don't despair now!

Wow, what an adventure. Glad you made it to Orlando to pursue your dream. You didn't throw in the towel and remained positive!

Does Disney have housing for the CMs?

So glad you made it to Orlando and have a safe place to stay there! Wondering if there is public transportation you can use until you're able to get a replacement vehicle? Also, I remember when I worked there that they had a newsletter just for cast members and their own website I think. Maybe you could look into ride sharing with other cast members - thinking you might be able find some through one of these avenues or even a bulletin board in a cast members break room area?

Just wondering, in case I missed it, what's happened to the broken car - is that place going to just keep it and sell it for scrap? Split the $$ from that with you? Or "store" it and hit you for storage fees later? I know it's not the most fun to think about at the moment, but if written arrangements haven't been made, it can be very problematic later.

Just wondering, in case I missed it, what's happened to the broken car - is that place going to just keep it and sell it for scrap? Split the $$ from that with you? Or "store" it and hit you for storage fees later? I know it's not the most fun to think about at the moment, but if written arrangements haven't been made, it can be very problematic later.

I was thinking the same thing.

:):):) Glad you made it safe down, driving a U Haul is not easy to do. I'm sure you're Very over whelmed now. You have been running on adrenaline till now. Give it a day or two to clear your head and figure out your car situation. Maybe your friend your living with has connections to help you find a reasonable car payment. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

I'm just glad you posted that you had somewhere to stay already lined up. This now doesn't sound totally irresponsible. :thumbsup2

Now, in my forties I wish I had been the girl that could embrace an adventure like this - good for you. Problems have arisen and you have overcome most of them. Short term options look limited, but you will find solutions one day at a time. I hope and pray my children will be able to embrace life and change like you are doing. Yes, a positive outlook helps, but support even from strangers can help soothe anxieties. You have my support and whatever blessings my prayers can extend.
Continue to face obstacles with the grace and humor you have shown so far and you will find your version of success.

I'm glad to hear you made it to Orlando okay.

It's definitely hard not knowing what's next or how you will get around. For now you probably will have to rely on public transit when you can. Is there any way you could get a part-time job? That way you could start saving a little earlier and hopefully soon you'll be able to get a new car sooner, and then you can get on with the business of living in Orlando.

I can't imagine how rough this is for you, but I hope you keep trying and keep going and hopefully things will work out okay!

So glad you arrived safely and have a place to stay. I agree with others to see if you can find work now. If you are in walking distance to any stores or even a hair dressing place, start there. You'll need to research public transportation options to get you to and from work until you can save enough to get a car. I'm not sure how long your friends are willing to let you stay, but you may have to find a place before getting a car. Just be smart about your choices right now. If you do find a place to stay, but can't afford a car then make sure you research how to get to work and a grocery store before signing a lease. I don't mean to have the mom in me come out, I just wish the best for you. We are all rooting for you and want to see you succeed. I hope you can get a little money for your car. Keep us posted. Good luck and prayers and pixie dust sent to you.
-Lindsey

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter