Wk of July 8--WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BelleMA87
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever IL
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
Goofyin08forErica Erica KY
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Hockeymom311 Jen
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jodistar Jodi CT
kaf7878 Kelly FL
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
lustergirl NY
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
MainStMandy Amanda NY
marathonmommy Laura NJ
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
nepatsfan73 Bill CT
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TNTsParty Tricia FL
TriMom Mary Kathryn TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
windwalker Dave KY
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

Brutal part 2--The Sequel
10 miles today a lot like last week. I left the house at 6:15am and it was 78 degrees. Decided to try my new belt that has 2 water bottles...planning on using it for the full training since I have no place to get water on my route. Now I know...2 full 22 oz water bottles are heavy! I drank a bottle and a half on my run and still sweat away 2 lbs! It was gross! I've pretty much given up on a PR at CDC...just planning to go and have some fun.

Jackie.and Jen..I feel your pain!

Dena...welcome back! We need pictures!

Meghan...hope the new shoes help. A lot of people like Brooks!

Judy...glad the surgery schedule got straightened out. You'll be all set to start training again soon!

Cam...congrats on your trophy and finish results! :cheer2: I think your remaining runs look okay.

Laurie...great run! Hope the old shoes are helping!

Leana...good luck on your race tomorrow! I noticed runningskirts.com has a group discount page. Let us know how you like them!

OptiMike...I would've thought your previous posts qualified you for YARC :joker:

BTW, Mike and Stephanie...are either of you going to ACCP in Denver this year?

Kristin...welcome back! How hot and humid is it in Japan this time of year?

Tricia...awful story about that jogger. Still seems weird that she didn't see the train or feel it, let alone hear it coming.

Good training week everyone! Stay cool and hydrated!

Dena - welcome back & CONGRATS!!! I gained a ton of weight with Zachary & had the crazy high blood pressure thing as well. Don't worry, you can do this!

Ok, really late - just catching up with some reading here.
I posted about my 5k on the other thread. Nothing spectacular.
Pics to follow tomorrow....

Cam - No ToT for DW and I. I signed up for the Marine Corps Marathon before they announced the ToT.

I've seriously thought about deferring MCM until next year so we could join in the fun but we are planning on going down for RFTT for our anniversary weekend. Two October trips would be stretching it. I'll have to talk with DW more after our August Disney-fest (3 nights at Vero Beach, 5 at POFQ, 5 at BCV, and 2 at the Contemporary I think).

BTW, you have an excellent fitness base. You could go out and do 13.1 any day of the week if someone dangled a Penguin medal in front of you! Your proposed training plan looks great.

Mel - No ACCP for me. That's pretty much beyond my scope of practice these days. Are you going?

You make it sound like a PR and having fun are mutually exclusive. This running thing is fun, remember? ;) Just keep up the hard work and you may surprise yourself.

Stephanie - Enjoy your LR. Akron is still on my radar screen. I'll probably wait until late August to decide.

Jackie - Don't get down on yourself. Just think about all you've accomplished and the committment you've shown. You are definitely a runner! I hope you feel better after a good night's sleep.

Have a happy Sunday everyone.

I believe we now have video documentation of Carrie's ill-fated winter treadmill run. I think she blamed her fall on messing with her i-Pod. Now we know the truth!

http://www.schickshavelab.com/

Pick "The Experiments" on the top, ignore the busty blonde, select the "Gym Experiment".

I believe we now have video documentation of Carrie's ill-fated winter treadmill run. I think she blamed her fall on messing with her i-Pod. Now we know the truth!

http://www.schickshavelab.com/

Pick "The Experiments" on the top, ignore the busty blonde, select the "Gym Experiment".

And people say I'm not right!

Just some easy walking at the mall this morning while I wait for Erica to get off work and we can go to breakfast. We like Bob Evan's Restraunt for sunday morning breakfast. Then I'll have a nap with Erica before I go to work.

Yesterday I had done an intense walk in the heat and humidity and on the hills. Later after I came home I laid down for a nap with Erica. We had just got to sleep when I suddenly had a bad cramp in my left calf muscle. It was a bad one and I was flopping around like a hooked fish. Poor Erica had no idea what was going on. She was ripped from a deep sleep to a husband that was flopping around thrashing and screaming. I desided I better take off back to the livingroom since I had scared my poor wife nearly to death.

I did a search for mouse skywalker:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexliam/246641034/

Dave:hippie:

Back from Vero Beach. I got up VERY early to avoid the heat and ran three times while I was down there. (DH ran with me.) My foot didn't hurt and my pace was a tad better. I'm guessing cause I'm used to running on hills and this was just this flat wide forever long sidewalk. It rocked!

First run was 3.54 miles with a pace of 11:22. Second run was 2.89 miles with a pace of 11:31.

My last run I ran 6.22 miles with a pace of 12:19. I ran the whole thing and never did any walk breaks. I'm still amazed I did it! :woohoo:

That was my last week of the 13 week walk/run program I was on. This morning I started the maintenance program in the back of the book that will end me at Race for the Taste.

It was humid out this morning, but I still managed a 12:07 pace for 3.51 miles. I feel like I'm back tracking a little - the maintenance program had me run 4 then walk 2. Funny, I still managed a good pace for me.

Vero Beach was great. Everyone had a good time and we lucked out and had a wonderful view of the ocean. Now I'm trying to lose the two pounds I gained for my Vegas trip this coming weekend with DH. Wish me luck! (I gotta SQUEEZE into a dress!) :scared1:

Not a whole lot of time to catch up this morning, but I did want to post my stats from my run this morning. 8 miles in 1:12:05, that's 9:01 mpm. I ran the first 5.5 miles about 9:30 or so, and the last 2.5 about 8:30. I had to stop and get breakfast on the way home and was really stiff when I got out of the car, but now that I have had my ice bath I feel great. Now I get to concentrate on cleaning the house!!

Dana

Morning team. Well, my 10 miler is over. That's the good part. It was HOT, HOT, HOT and HUMID!!! I had been spoiled the past two weeks when it was cloudy--but not so much this morning, full, blazin' hot sun. The first 5 miles were good, mile 6 terrible, miles 7 and 8 better, mile 9 terrible, and then mile 10 okay. I also happened to overshoot my distance and once the 10 miles were over, I still had one more mile back home. I was done running after the 10 so I strolled the last mile home. So, stats, 10 miles, 8:49 pace.

Gotta screaming child--gotta go!

Only time for a quick training report--

First, I ended up getting new running shoes yesterday. I went and got a new pair of Nike Pegasus. My Mizuno's did not work for me, and my feet haven't felt right running since I got them, so I went back to the Nike, because I know they work for me.

This morning I went out for a 6 mile run. Well, even though my feet/legs felt great, I just wasn't feeling it. I ended up jogging the first 2 miles, walking the 3rd, running the 4th and half of the 5th, and then walking the rest of the way home. Despite all the walking, I ended up with an average pace of 12 min/mile. I am not that disappointed in this, I did finish the distance, I just wasn't feeling it today.

Ok, gotta get off of here and clean the house, then head out for my Grandma's Birthday dinner!!!!

Mel -You make it sound like a PR and having fun are mutually exclusive.

Unfortunately, right now, it feels like it is. I guess it's my turn to be Debbie Downer. If I were a health care provider with me as a patient, I would put me on full rest, no running. My right PF foot is cranky, my left arthritis ankle is acting up and I'd swear I'm starting to get twinges of PF in my left foot. I really should have cancelled CDC, but then I found the women's soccer team was playing and knew how much it would mean to DD14 to see the game, I locked myself into the trip. I know if I go, unless I leave all my gear at home, I'll do the race, regardless of whether it's a smart idea.
I definitely think I've overdone it this year, but having a hard time getting off the train. I'm really afraid if I stop running, I'll lose everything I've gained (and gain back the 30lbs I've lost). It kinda hit home when I did the running clinic last month. I was the slowest person there pacewise, but had already done more races than anyone else for this year and had 3 more on the calendar. Maybe I need an intervention.;)
The most frustrating part is that my SR are great...sub 12s, but I do them in the evening when it's hotter with much lower humidity. My LR pace yesterday puts me over 3 hours for CDC. My only hope is that they don't have humidity in Chicago.
So I'm trying to figure out whether or not to do the 12 miler I have in 2 weeks, how long I can taper without losing my training for CDC, and if dropping my LR down to R3/W2 would be enough to improve things until the weather lets up abit.
Anyway, I don't want this to be all about me. I know a lot of people are training through injury for CDC right now, it's hot and humid allover, and I really have nothing to complain about.
Sorry, nervous breakdown over, now back to your regularly scheduled training thread. :guilty:

And yes, I'm speaking at ACCP if you want to come hear fabulous things about T4/T3 for hypothyroidism :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone!! Super quick drive by. I just posted my race report on the Leadville Heavy Half Marathon. It was amazing and "extreme" doesn't even come close to describing this. My legs hurt and I need some more ibuprofen. But I DID get all the way to the top of Mosquito Pass. The scenery, when I was able to look at it, was breathtaking. The wildflowers were beautiful. However, I think I've discovered my limit, at least for now. I doubt I'll do that again, but I did it and I have a medal to prove it. And my sister did it with me. She got about 1/2 way up the pass but she did about 13 miles. The reason they call it a Heavy half is it's 15.5 miles total. So, even though my sister didn't get all the way to the top, she still did a 1/2 marathon. That is a PR distance for her. The 15.5 miles is a PR distance for me. Total time: 6 hours 42 minutes. I'm proud of that, too.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Good morning team!!!!!

Just got of the TM did 4.22 Miles in just over a hour. I was aiming for a bit longer but the TM belt slipped for some reason and I got out of my groove. Felt great. I was going to take a rest day today but I did a new play list on my MP3 and wanted to check it out.:yay:

Didn't over indulge last night at our cruise party, one advantage of being the designated driver;)

Martha Congrats to you and your sister.

MelI am so sorry you are dealing with all this. Please take care of yourself.:hug:

Laurie WTG on getting out there and have fun at Grandma's dinner tonight.

Stephanie WTG on your 10....I mean 11 miler;)

DanaWTG on your 8 miles

LenshanemWelcome back and WTG on your runs. Where are you staying in Las Vegas? I love it but we haven't been back since 2001

DaveI hope you enjoyed your breakfast this morning, DH gets really bad calf cramps also, out of no where he starts screaming, scares the bigegies our of me.:scared1:

KristiHope you enjoyed your 5K can't wait to see the pics

Got to go finish watching Wimbleton....close match be back later.

Kim

Hi guys! I got home a little while ago from my first half marathon!!! I'll post details later, but according to the Garmin I finished in 2:21:36 for a 10:32/mi pace. I also measured the distance as 13:43 mi so I definitely got my money's worth today. OK time to go eat cuz I'm starving!!

Would you look at that, my race results are already up:

Final Place 1522 of 2090
Place in Sex 750/1199 F
Place in Division 152/205 Women 25-29
Gun Time 2:23:05
Chip Time 2:21:32

I just had to share my 6 miler I did on thursday. My DH was supposed to go with me, but he couldn't. So I called my sister and had her watch the little ones. I run at a canal here and it can be pretty secluded, so I was a tad creaped out the whole time. I ran my first mile in 9:28 and did the 6 miles in 1:05 for an average of 10:50 per mile! A big PR for me!! I think part of it was being a little nervous of my surroundings....I would love to run RFTT in under an hour, so we will see.

Leana Congrats on your first half! I cannot wait to read your report. Your time rocks!

Shan That's awesome you ran the whole 6 miles! Don't you just love VB? I cannot wait to go back in October, we are staying in a beach cottage :)

Martha Congrats on your marathon!!

Becky

Hey! Back from vacation and I really hate to be in the "real world" again! I posted my WO on my journal...you can click the link below if you want to see my ramblings.

Catch up later.

Whew! Just finished reading, but I'm on my way to nephew's 1st birthday party (got him shares in Disney stock - gotta start these youngsters off right ;) ). Will try to post later.

Just wanted to say to Shan, Becky and Leanna : Great job on your runs!:thumbsup2

Terri

Hey all. Today is my rest day after my 7+ miles yesterday. And it's a good thing since the temps are in the high 90's and humid. We may get storms tonight, which could be severe with these temps!! Tomorrow I may have to pass on my run because I am going to an evening meeting. So I guess I get a nice break!

MEL - I wanted to shout out to you because I am going through the same things. After my May 1/2 I thought about giving up. I am doing CDC and then moving to training for the Full. I am making no plans for any runs except a 5K in September. What I am doing is cutting back on my running. My run intervals have been shorter the last two weeks and this seems to be helping my foot. I am stretching my foot more and doing what I can to reduce the pressure. This past week is the best my foot has felt in months. My runs are a lot slower, but I am in less pain. So I figure once I get my foot back on track, then I can work on the speed again. Until then, I am just going to have to walk more. Good Luck to you. I will be going through the same thing at CDC, so we can be at a slow pace together. I just want to finish in under 3 hours again... which I think I can do if I give my foot a rest!

Martha - That is so cool about the Heavy Half. I had no idea it was like that. WOW!!! CONGRATS. Post some pics if you can!

Leana - CONGRATS. That is mighty speedy, you did great! I bet it's all the hill training and bikini working out you do!

Hi all! I have been MIA the past couple of weeks due to 2 things: a trip and a computer virus. The trip was great; just DH and I for 5 days. (We did run twice, so I was pretty good.) The computer virus was horrible - I had to rebuild the computer. Luckily I managed to save all our photos/videos off first. What a pain! (By the way, my computer got infected in the same 24 hour period that my wallet and checkbook were stolen. Talk about feeling violated!)

Tomorrow starts my official marathon running plan, so I've taken this weekend off. I'm really getting nervous about being able to actually run 26.2 miles. The more I think about it, the crazier it seems!

Happy training, all!
Renee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter